Kaoru Wada

Share your excitement about Anime Boston's various guests of honor. Show them how enthusiastic Anime Boston fans can be! (Sometimes they read this forum too!)
Faceman
AB Executive

Kaoru Wada

Post by Faceman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:57 am

Kaoru Wada is a Japanese music composer, music arranger, conductor, music orchestrator and pianist. He has worked in a wide range of musical fields, including anime, film, television, theater, and video games. He has received numerous prizes for his work, including his music on the film Crest of Betrayal.

Best known in the west for his work on Inuyasha and Samurai 7, he has also composed music for a number of other anime series, including Ghost Stories, Battle Angel, Princess Tutu, Saint Seiya, Ninja Scroll, D.Gray-man, Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, and Ace Attorney. In addition to his work as a composer, Wada-san also arranges music for several notable titles, including Kingdom Hearts I&II and Monster Hunter 4G.

Along with these numerous activities, Wada has also published many works for Japanese indigenous instruments, plus works that use Japanese folklore and folk songs as motifs. He has published numerous works commissioned from Japan and abroad.

Anime Boston 2018 is his first North American convention appearance.

You can check out his website at - http://www.kaoru-wada.com/
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations 2017 - 2019
President of New England Anime Society, Inc.

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!

sabrisomo28
I'm new!

Re: Kaoru Wada

Post by sabrisomo28 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:09 pm

That news is truly a treat! I've admired Kaoru Wada since childhood! Inuyasha was one of my first anime, D.Gray-man turned into one of my favorite series, and his scores are truly touching, memorable ones! Great guest, AnimeBoston! I was so sad when I had to miss last year but this is a great welcome back along with Flow! 👍🏾

Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:38 pm

I have a CD of the Jubei Ninpucho/Ninja Scroll soundtrack. It's an interesting selection of themes, and something I'd love to get Wada-san's signature on.
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.

eternaltorture
Experienced Poster

Post by eternaltorture » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Awesome!! He's not one of the composers I suggested but I like a lot of his works! I guess I'll be bringing my Inuyasha soundtrack CD to Boston :)

Shiggitay
Experienced Poster

Post by Shiggitay » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:56 am

Ya think he'd sign one of my Inuyasha DVD Boxsets? That's the only official merch I have for him to sign...