Roland Kelts

Share your excitement about Anime Boston's various guests of honor. Show them how enthusiastic Anime Boston fans can be! (Sometimes they read this forum too!)
Faceman
AB Executive

Roland Kelts

Post by Faceman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Roland Kelts is the author of the critically acclaimed bestseller, Japanamerica: How Japanese Pop Culture has Invaded the US. As a journalist, essayist and columnist, he writes for several publications, such as: The New Yorker, Time, The New York Times, The Christian Science Monitor, Newsweek Japan, The Los Angeles Times, The Yomiuri, and The Japan Times, and is considered an authority on contemporary Japanese culture and media. He is a frequent commentator on CNN, NPR, NHK and the BBC. Recently, Kelts delivered lectures for TED Talks in Tokyo and The World Economic Forum in Tianjin. He is currently a 2017 Nieman Fellow in Journalism at Harvard University, where he is working on a new book.

Visit his blog at http://japanamerica.blogspot.com/.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations 2017
Assistant Director of Public Relations 2015-2016
Webmaster 2010-2016
President of New England Anime Society, Inc.

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!

Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Re: Roland Kelts

Post by Kusuguru Usagi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:56 pm

I'm REALLY excited to hear Roland Kelts is returning to AB this year. It's been a long time since he was there last, I was trying to remember when it was? I had gone to his panel he had back then. I have his JapanAmerica book.

EDIT: I found out when it was: he was at AB in 2010, and the title of his panel he gave was ""Roland Kelts: "Anime, Manga, and More: Japanese Pop Culture--its origins, its Japanese and American character, and why it defines Cool in the 21st Century." :) :)

Master of NERV
Determined Poster

Re: Roland Kelts

Post by Master of NERV » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Sounds like a fascinating guest! Definitely need to check out.
AB 2003-2016; pre-reged for 2017!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)