Masahiko Minami

Share your excitement about Anime Boston's various guests of honor. Show them how enthusiastic Anime Boston fans can be! (Sometimes they read this forum too!)
Faceman
AB Executive

Masahiko Minami

Post by Faceman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Masahiko Minami was born on August 24, 1961 and is from the Mie Prefecture in Japan. After graduating from the Theater Arts Department of Osaka University of the Arts, he joined the anime production company Nihon Sunrise (now SUNRISE INC.) and produced several shows such as: Whirl Wind! Iron Leaguer, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Escaflowne, and Cowboy Bebop.

In 1998, he decided to leave SUNRISE to start BONES INC., with animators Hiroshi Osaka and Toshihiro Kawamoto, where he now doubles as both the President and a Producer. Under BONES, he has produced Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka Seven, My Hero Academia, Space Dandy, Mob Psycho 100, and many more!
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations 2017
Assistant Director of Public Relations 2015-2016
Webmaster 2010-2016
President of New England Anime Society, Inc.

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!

kibakesticles
Veteran Poster

Re: Masahiko Minami

Post by kibakesticles » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:36 pm

I saw him at Anime Expo and got Cowboy Bebop signed. I'll probably be more interested in his panels from the perspective of the president of Bones, but I might bring something else to get signed. The Fullmetal Alchemist Blu-ray collection is too big, so I could just bring the actual Blu-ray box from inside it or a completely different Bones show.

Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Re: Masahiko Minami

Post by Kusuguru Usagi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:45 pm

I am a HUGE fan of G Gundam, FMA, Escaflowne, & Cowboy Bebop--it would be REALLY great to meet him as well. :D :D