Hirokatsu Kihara

Share your excitement about Anime Boston's various guests of honor. Show them how enthusiastic Anime Boston fans can be! (Sometimes they read this forum too!)
Faceman
AB Executive

Hirokatsu Kihara

Post by Faceman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:57 am

Formerly involved with the production desk at Studio Ghibli, Hirokatsu Kihara worked closely with director, Hayao Miyazaki on such hit titles as Laputa: Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, and Kiki's Delivery Service.

Hirokatsu Kihara is probably best known for his work in the Horror genre. There, he has been a crucial contributor working on such titles as: Tales of Terror: Haunted Apartment and Tales of Terror from Tokyo and All Over Japan which are known in Japan as Shin Mimibukuro. In addition, he has written the books: Tsukumo Kwaidan, Utsushiyo-kaidan, and Kinkiro. Nowadays, he continues to write ghost stories, emcees at monster conventions, and shares his knowledge and experiences at events worldwide.

You can check out his website at - http://kiharahirokatsu.com (Japanese)
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations 2017
Assistant Director of Public Relations 2015-2016
Webmaster 2010-2016
President of New England Anime Society, Inc.

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!

kibakesticles
Veteran Poster

Re: Hirokatsu Kihara

Post by kibakesticles » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:49 am

Interesting. I've never heard of him. I suppose I could bring my Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki and have him sign one of the relevant pages, but that's probably not going to happen, so I'm more interested in maybe seeing some panels involving him talking about his time at Ghibli and working with Miyazaki.

Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Re: Hirokatsu Kihara

Post by Kusuguru Usagi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:43 pm

I absolutely LOVE Laputa, Totoro, & Kiki's Delivery Service. :D :D

I never knew he does stuff in the horror genre as well. I'd love to read his books and see the horror films. *gives thumbs up* It'd be great to meet him. :) :)