Yūji Mutō

Share your excitement about Anime Boston's various guests of honor. Show them how enthusiastic Anime Boston fans can be! (Sometimes they read this forum too!)
Faceman
AB Executive

Yūji Mutō

Post by Faceman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:59 am

Animation director Yūji Mutō is most famous for directing the world-renowned TV Asahi animated series, Crayon Shinchan. Mutō-san began his professional career directing episodes for TV series such as City Hunter, Tsuruhime Ja!, and Kenyuu Densetsu YAIBA (1993), before moving on to direct the 1993 feature film, Bonobono. In 2004, he became the third director to helm the long-running television anime Crayon Shinchan, not only holding this position longer than any previous director, but also during the period for which the series has become most popular outside of Japan. In addition, he has been the director of such series as Corrector Yui, Haunted Junction, Pia Carrot E Yokoso!! - Sayaka no Koi Monogatari, Ultimate Girls, and many more. He’s also done the storyboards for many series including Crayon Shinchan, Green Green, Scrapped Princess, as well as others.

He loves to chat with his fans on Twitter - https://twitter.com/yuji_ultimate/

This is his first U.S. Convention appearance.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations 2017 - 2019
President of New England Anime Society, Inc.

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!

Shiggitay
Experienced Poster

Re: Yūji Mutō

Post by Shiggitay » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Sweet! Though, you typo'd Crayon as "Cranyon" twice on the announcement post.....

Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:29 pm

I have the Bandai and FUNimation versions of Scrapped Princess. The designs are so good in that show, and he's part of the reason for that. I'd love for him to sign a package from either version.
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.

eternaltorture
Experienced Poster

Post by eternaltorture » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Nice! I would like to own a physical copy of Shin Chan but too bad the ones we have are entirely in dub :cry:

dstnyskr
Expert Poster

Post by dstnyskr » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:11 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed his beyond welcoming character! I got a picture with him, he drew me a picture, and he even let me touch his helmet!!
If he reads this, I would like to let him know that No face from Spirited away will always offer him gold. ;)
Let destiny decide.
~AB veteran 2006-2017(missed '15)~

Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:46 am

I had some fun meeting him in the Dealers' Room. He almost didn't remember that he had worked on Scrapped Princess, when I handed him the sleeve from the Bandai version of disc 1. But then he recognized it, and I got his name on it. It was all good. :)

eternaltorture
Experienced Poster

Post by eternaltorture » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:49 pm

Kanechan wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:46 am
I had some fun meeting him in the Dealers' Room. He almost didn't remember that he had worked on Scrapped Princess, when I handed him the sleeve from the Bandai version of disc 1. But then he recognized it, and I got his name on it. It was all good. :)
Did you go to his free autograph session?

Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:10 pm

eternaltorture wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:49 pm
Kanechan wrote:
No, it was stuck somewhere in-between two other sessions I was going to that day, so I had to wait for the session in the Dealers' Room instead.

eternaltorture
Experienced Poster

Post by eternaltorture » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Kanechan wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:10 pm
eternaltorture wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:49 pm
Kanechan wrote:
No, it was stuck somewhere in-between two other sessions I was going to that day, so I had to wait for the session in the Dealers' Room instead.
Oh, that's unfortunate :( When I showed up to his free autograph session, there was only 5 people including me. It was awkward and I felt bad for him.