Puffy AmiYumi

Share your excitement about Anime Boston's various guests of honor. Show them how enthusiastic Anime Boston fans can be! (Sometimes they read this forum too!)
Faceman
AB Executive

Puffy AmiYumi

Post by Faceman » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Puffy AmiYumi are...
Ami Onuki
Yumi Yoshimura

Puffy AmiYumi are one of the most famous music icons in Japan, where they are a household name synonymous with all things pop and fun. Featuring dual vocalists Ami and Yumi, the group has reached enormous success with their pop/rock songs, but are also loved for their effortlessly cool and nonchalant fashion styles. Debuted in 1996, the duo are still in high demand after 20 colorful years, glittered with dozens of commercial endorsements, sold-out tours, and a total of 20 million CDs sold to date.

Over the course of their 20-year career, Puffy AmiYumi have released 11 full-length albums, 37 singles, 3 greatest hits albums, 5 special project albums, and 5 North American albums. Puffy AmiYumi have won numerous prestigious awards in Japan including: “Best Newcomer” at the Japan Record Awards (equivalent of the Grammys) and “Pop Album of the Year” at the Japan Gold Disc Awards. Most recently, Puffy AmiYumi have been scheduled to participate in the 67th NHK Kōhaku Uta Gassen taking place on New Year's Eve 2016.

Their fame also extends to the US, where they are well known for performing the theme song to "Teen Titans" and also launching their namesake series, "Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi" in 2004 on Cartoon Network, which aired in over 110 countries worldwide.

Still at the forefront of pop culture in Japan, Puffy AmiYumi are now celebrating their 20th anniversary with more surprises up their fashionable sleeves.

PUFFY official websites:
http://puffy.jp (Japanese)
http://puffyamiyumi.com (English)
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations 2017
Assistant Director of Public Relations 2015-2016
Webmaster 2010-2016
President of New England Anime Society, Inc.

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!

Project: J-ko
Veteran Poster

Re: Puffy AmiYumi

Post by Project: J-ko » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:49 pm

Oh. My. God. Yes.

I bought their CD Spike on a whim back in like 2000 because I couldn't find the Judy and Mary CD I was looking for. I've been a fan ever since.

Thank you, AB, this is gonna be awesome.
"...I guess hopping ghosts are kind of like monsters, huh?"

"Sometimes I like to spend the weekend dressed up as a corpse in a skirt."

kibakesticles
Veteran Poster

Post by kibakesticles » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:06 pm

I cannot wait to see them perform "Sweet Drops" at their concert. The only question is how I'm going to manage to lug that Usagi Drop Premium Edition around in hopes of getting it signed.

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:02 pm

i hope they have panels that i can see them as well: if i don't get a ticket to their concert I'll cry!
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective

MidnightSiren182
AB Executive

Post by MidnightSiren182 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:33 pm

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:i hope they have panels that i can see them as well: if i don't get a ticket to their concert I'll cry!
We don't charge separately for concert tickets, FYI. ;)
Lauren Gallo
2017 Convention Vice Chair
2016 Convention Vice Chair
2015 Convention Vice Chair
2012-2014 Social Media Manager
2011 Assistant to Director of Technical Operations
2008-2010- Video Game Room Staff
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just remember that when you think things are impossible, Sailor Moon came back after 20 years, Paul McGann came back onscreen as Eighth Doctor AND two previously lost Patrick Troughton/Second Doctor serials were found and released.

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:46 pm

MidnightSiren182 wrote:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:i hope they have panels that i can see them as well: if i don't get a ticket to their concert I'll cry!
We don't charge separately for concert tickets, FYI. ;)
oh i realize that, but you have to get there way before everyone else.... (also i have a handycapped badge) so i'm almost guarrenteed a ticket to the show I just would rather choose where I sit instead of having to be told where to sit...
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Project: J-ko wrote:Oh. My. God. Yes.

I bought their CD Spike on a whim back in like 2000 because I couldn't find the Judy and Mary CD I was looking for. I've been a fan ever since.

Thank you, AB, this is gonna be awesome.
sometimes the bands have a venu in the dealers room, and they'll have CDs, t-shirts, and stuff on sale, if you can't find a CD then you may be in luck and might be able to find it in the dealers room ^_^ good luck i hope you find what your looking for!
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Master of NERV
Determined Poster

Post by Master of NERV » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:10 am

Wow, AB--way to swing for the fences! :D
AB 2003-2016; pre-reged for 2017!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)

Nenie
Determined Poster

Post by Nenie » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:33 am

Amazing! But the only songs I remember from them were Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi and the Teen Titans theme.
AB07-Aya from Super Gals
AB08-Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09-Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10-Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11-Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12-Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13-Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14- Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15- Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB16- Casey from Pokemon

AB17- Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer

icedarkling
I'm new!

Post by icedarkling » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:33 am

Omg, Puffy is one of my favorite musical acts of all time!!! :D I hope more info is released soon such as where they'll be playing, will they meet people, will they have a panel, etc. I highly recommend looking more into their discography for people who only know a couple of their songs. They have so much amazing music. I hope they have a long set. I unfortunately didn't really go to concerts back in the day when they were touring the US regularly like from around '00-'07, so I'm pretty ecstatic they're back playing a concert here and somewhere close enough to me that I can actually easily get there. It would be amazing if they actually toured over here again.

Lamron
Experienced Poster

Post by Lamron » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:56 pm

icedarkling wrote:Omg, Puffy is one of my favorite musical acts of all time!!! :D I hope more info is released soon such as where they'll be playing, will they meet people, will they have a panel, etc. I highly recommend looking more into their discography for people who only know a couple of their songs. They have so much amazing music. I hope they have a long set. I unfortunately didn't really go to concerts back in the day when they were touring the US regularly like from around '00-'07, so I'm pretty ecstatic they're back playing a concert here and somewhere close enough to me that I can actually easily get there. It would be amazing if they actually toured over here again.
I was lucky enough to see them a long time ago and I really hope I get the chance to see them this time :-)

icedarkling
I'm new!

Post by icedarkling » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:26 am

Lamron wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:56 pm
icedarkling wrote:Omg, Puffy is one of my favorite musical acts of all time!!! :D I hope more info is released soon such as where they'll be playing, will they meet people, will they have a panel, etc. I highly recommend looking more into their discography for people who only know a couple of their songs. They have so much amazing music. I hope they have a long set. I unfortunately didn't really go to concerts back in the day when they were touring the US regularly like from around '00-'07, so I'm pretty ecstatic they're back playing a concert here and somewhere close enough to me that I can actually easily get there. It would be amazing if they actually toured over here again.
I was lucky enough to see them a long time ago and I really hope I get the chance to see them this time :-)
Yes, I hope I can too! I didn't really know who they were until like 04 when I was 12 and didn't really go to concerts then for some reason, but now I'm an adult and know how to go to things!

icedarkling
I'm new!

Post by icedarkling » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 am

Does anyone know how far ahead the scheduling to these conventions usually happen? I'm not sure if Puffy will be there both days and it would be cheaper obviously just to register for the day they are there if they're only there one day. Not that I wouldn't like attending both days, but I'm pretty broke and unemployed so.

Lamron
Experienced Poster

Post by Lamron » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:02 pm

icedarkling wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 am
Does anyone know how far ahead the scheduling to these conventions usually happen? I'm not sure if Puffy will be there both days and it would be cheaper obviously just to register for the day they are there if they're only there one day. Not that I wouldn't like attending both days, but I'm pretty broke and unemployed so.
The final schedule usually comes out about a week or so before the con (and changes quite often) Puffy will most likely play Fri or Sat night. Most likely not both(would be nice) Unfortunately, you can only buy either a weekend pass or a day pass for Sunday only.

Nemra
AB Staff

Post by Nemra » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:27 pm

icedarkling wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 am
There's really only one badge to get. The single day badge is only for Sunday and can only be bought on Sunday at the door. I can at least tell you that the concert will definitely not be on Sunday.
Nabil Samuel

NEAS Board Member: '17
Executive Advisor: '14 - '17
Social Media Coordinator: '15-'17
Web Staff: '17
Video Tech Coordinator: '11 - '15

Yunagichan
I'm new!

Post by Yunagichan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:56 pm

What time does the concert start at?

Nemra