Quinni-Con 2013

Planning to attend another convention or anime event and looking for friends to hang out with or join your cosplay group? This is the place for attendee discussion. This is not a place for other conventions' staff to post their announcements.
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Quinni-Con 2013

Post by RapaxGuardian »

Wicked short-notice, but anyone here going to Quinni-Con this weekend in Hampden, Connecticut?
I am! The Ice Queen down in my signature is debuting there! And I can't wait :D
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: Quinni-Con 2013

Post by MomoMiraculous »

RapaxGuardian wrote:Wicked short-notice, but anyone here going to Quinni-Con this weekend in Hampden, Connecticut?

I think you mean HAMDEN. I don't recall there ever being a Hampden, though I could be wrong. I assume this has to do with Quinnipiac University? I would go if I had more notice/money/time to prepare a cosplay. I'm not sure how many people are going though, since Boston Comic Con is this weekend as well.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:
RapaxGuardian wrote:Wicked short-notice, but anyone here going to Quinni-Con this weekend in Hampden, Connecticut?

I think you mean HAMDEN. I don't recall there ever being a Hampden, though I could be wrong. I assume this has to do with Quinnipiac University? I would go if I had more notice/money/time to prepare a cosplay. I'm not sure how many people are going though, since Boston Comic Con is this weekend as well.
Oops, my bad.

If it's any condolence, the con itself is 100% free, only have to pay for your hotel room. It is at Quinnipiac University. Are you still in Springfield? If we had more time, I'd offer to carpool you if you wanted to come! But on such short notice.....!!
Considering BCC got postponed, Quinni-Con might see a higher population... who knows. Free con.
Edit to add: I went on auto-pilot when I said Hampden; I live in Hampshire county here in Mass, I'm used to HAMP, not HAMD :P
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

I actually live in CT at the moment, so it's not an issue of travel so much as time. It's too short notice to get any sort of time off to attend. Might go in the future though, especially if it's free. :) I will be going down to Hamden to have my car serviced soon, but that won't be until after lol.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

Oh, I see :P
Well, if I attend next year, I'll try to let you know ahead of time! And I'll let you know how the con is! :D
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

It was a very tiny con, with not a huge variety of series; it was mostly Homestuck, and there was plenty of Dr. Who, and Black Butler! I had a blast as Ice Queen :D So if you're into smaller cons, with lots of Homestuck, and lots of room to stand out, I recommend going next year :D BEAUTIFUL location! Mountaintop! @o@
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

RapaxGuardian wrote:It was a very tiny con, with not a huge variety of series; it was mostly Homestuck, and there was plenty of Dr. Who, and Black Butler! I had a blast as Ice Queen :D So if you're into smaller cons, with lots of Homestuck, and lots of room to stand out, I recommend going next year :D BEAUTIFUL location! Mountaintop! @o@

Can't say I'm a fan of Homestuck, but it's inevitably everywhere since it's the fad of the moment, much like Hetalia a few years back. I guess I just have to hold out and wait for it to die out. :? I DO enjoy smaller cons though. I stopped attending Connecticon in...I want to say 2010 was my last year. I feel CTCon is getting too big, especially for that venue, but it's not like they have many options as to where to hold it other than the Connecticut Convention Center. I really enjoyed how tiny and chill AAC was when I went in 2010. I've been trying to go back, but alas, NH is not a short trip...
I might have to check it out next year.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

Hey, we go to all the same cons :D If anything, maybe some year we might be able to offer a ride? We'd have to meet up beforehand, since my mom will be the one driving, but who knows?
AAC moved location; I miss the castle D: But the new location is much more spacious, but retains its small-con charm
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

RapaxGuardian wrote:Hey, we go to all the same cons :D If anything, maybe some year we might be able to offer a ride? We'd have to meet up beforehand, since my mom will be the one driving, but who knows?
AAC moved location; I miss the castle D: But the new location is much more spacious, but retains its small-con charm

Yea I heard it moved locations and is now in Manchester instead of Nashua. If I can go back, I'd most likely drive myself. :P I'm a car person and am pretty obsessed with driving so long as I have the money for the gas/tolls. I'm glad it still has the small con charm. The castle was very nice in terms of opportunities for taking pictures. I have some nice ones of both the cosplays I had near those pretty wooden and glass doors. Nekozawa and Ed Elric came out looking pretty epic near those doors. I also like that it's in the fall as opposed to spring (when my nose hates me, like right now) or summer (when it's too hot to wear pretty much anything I have in terms of cosplay outside the convention center). Fall is ideal for me. I might check out BAMcon next year too though. Their little con is still pretty inexpensive.
*shrugs* Who knows?

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron