Full Metal Alchemist 2017

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

WahKeetcha
Getting the hang of this...

Full Metal Alchemist 2017

Post by WahKeetcha »

Looking for anyone cosplaying Full Metal Alchemist! we can try and figure out a time/day/location for a photoshoot if anyone wants! I'm cosplaying Pinako, so if you see me feel free to say Hello!
2011- Kai Hiwatari
2013- Young Genkai
2014- Young Genkai
2015- Female Pitch Black
2017- Pinako Rockbell
ApocalypseUnicorn

Re: Full Metal Alchemist 2017

Post by ApocalypseUnicorn »

YOOOOO PINAKO!! I love unique FMA cosplays, so good for you! I'll be sure to keep my eyes out!

I'm actually planning on cosplaying Edward Elric (automail arm and all) on Friday. If people decided to do something that day, I'd totally be down for a shoot!
Anime Boston 2019 Cosplays: Squidward (Spongebob the Musical), Drunk!Yuri Katsuki (Yuri!! On Ice), Light Yagami (Death Note), Connor (Detroit: Become Human), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Anime Boston 2022 Cosplans: Takumi Aldini (Food Wars), Ling Yao (Fullmetal Alchemist), Louis (Beastars), Tatsu (The Way of the Househusband), Momoko (Ghost Stories)
Cassiedoughgirl

Post by Cassiedoughgirl »

I'm cosplaying COS Alphonse all weekend! I'd be up for a meet up!
Princess_Kaylin
Obsessed Poster

Post by Princess_Kaylin »

My boyfriend and me are going as Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye. We have giant foam shotguns and foam pistols so we can totally not get in trouble XD.

I would love to do a late photoshoot on Friday like 6 or 7pm est.
===========[2018]============
Princess Celica- Fire Emblem Echoes-----Jill Valentine - Resident Evil 3
-----All Week-end --------------------------------Just during Photoshoot---
ApocalypseUnicorn

Hooray, more FMA people! I'm just going to post again because I'd like to second the idea of a Friday photo shoot (I'd be willing to do like 6-ish too). Friday's the only day I'm planning on being Ed, so that's my bias. XD
Anime Boston 2019 Cosplays: Squidward (Spongebob the Musical), Drunk!Yuri Katsuki (Yuri!! On Ice), Light Yagami (Death Note), Connor (Detroit: Become Human), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Anime Boston 2022 Cosplans: Takumi Aldini (Food Wars), Ling Yao (Fullmetal Alchemist), Louis (Beastars), Tatsu (The Way of the Househusband), Momoko (Ghost Stories)
Sivv
I'm new!

Post by Sivv »

Friday or Sunday is best for me. My husband and I will be as Izumi and Sig Curtis. But we'll be Link and Zelda for the rest of the weekend.
ApocalypseUnicorn

I've been looking at the Facebook group for AB, and there does seem to be some more interest in this meet up happening. Would anyone feel like I was stepping on their toes if I went ahead and arranged an event for this on Facebook? I'm thinking Friday at either 5 or 6. Hopefully it would avoid both the Death Match and the concert, while giving people who arrive on Friday a chance to settle and get changed into cosplay. Of course, it would get changed of the schedule comes out and something big is booked at that time. Also, any advice on photo shoot spots? I've been in the Prudential Center, but never the Hynes, so I'm clueless as to where a good spot is. I'm open to input, and I'll happily back off if someone else wanted to arrange this. I just really want this to happen, lol.
Princess_Kaylin
Obsessed Poster

I will take a look around if there isn't one I will update this post and make us one with a good location
and your not stepping on anyones toes it is something one of us must do to get the photoshoots to happen and be organized

I tried doing votes before and other things and usually nothing gets settled and is a mess for the con that year.
ApocalypseUnicorn

Sooo, guess who has two thumbs and pulled the trigger on this thing? This girl. I went ahead and made the event page here!: https://www.facebook.com/events/1909384319295901/
Feel free to jump right into it and start discussing details! I'm still looking for advice on where to put the thing (preferably within the Hynes itself so we don't have to fight lines), so please don't hesitate to give me suggestions. Also, this is baby's first cosplay meetup, so if I'm missing something or you have a suggestion, please don't hesitate to post! I can't wait to get this ball rolling! =D
Princess_Kaylin
Obsessed Poster

ApocalypseUnicorn wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:07 am Sooo, guess who has two thumbs and pulled the trigger on this thing? This girl. I went ahead and made the event page here!: https://www.facebook.com/events/1909384319295901/
Feel free to jump right into it and start discussing details! I'm still looking for advice on where to put the thing (preferably within the Hynes itself so we don't have to fight lines), so please don't hesitate to give me suggestions. Also, this is baby's first cosplay meetup, so if I'm missing something or you have a suggestion, please don't hesitate to post! I can't wait to get this ball rolling! =D
I knew I forgot something...sorry been off my anxiety meds for way too long but my job start date is within two weeks so I should be back on them soon.

But yes thank you for making the group I do remember not seeing any so that is good. I will join and try to help out with locations later.

My suggestion is we do the photoshoot near the windows in the hynes next to the restaurant. It is a popular location and wide enough to work for photos plus let people pass by.

If needed I will have my megaphone as usual but yeah my boyfriend and me will definitely be there. I have a black Hayate stuffed dog with me as well.

Update:
Here is where I suggest we have the meet up
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fullmetal Alchemist Friday Photoshoot
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1909384319295901
Day: Friday, Marcch 31st
Time: 6pm Est time
Location: 2nd floor hynes near the Grill Restaurant at the glass windows (Location marked below)

I will be there dressed as Riza. Below is a photo of me in the costume
ApocalypseUnicorn

IT'S ALMOST TIME GUYS! In case anyone missed it, here are the final details for the FMA meetup/photo shoot in summary:
The meetup will take place at 6:00 pm on Friday, on the first floor of the Hynes by the Capital Grille Restaurant. It'll be near the big windows and the escalators. Please reference the previously posted map, as it's very helpful! My goal is to get things started right at 6 pm and get the group shots out of the way first. That way, anyone trying to hit both this and Puffy AmiYumi would be able to leave early and participate in as much as they can. I'll be going over rules and the process once we all meetup, as it'll be 90% common sense. Please note that I do have an event I'm committed to be at until 5:30 pm. In theory, I should be able to hustle from that to the meeting point with plenty of time. However, if you get there before the host does, don't panic! I'm on my way! Please join in on the Facebook event if you can, as it'll be where I'd post any emergency updates, should they arise: https://www.facebook.com/events/1909384 ... _tab=about.
If you have any last minute questions, feel free to throw them my way. Thanks everyone, and I can't wait to see you all!