Westborough Anime Club

Looking for an anime club in your area or at a college? That's what this forum is for.
Amjam
Determined Poster

Westborough Anime Club

Post by Amjam »

My friends and I are starting an anime club at the Westborough Public Library, and anyone interested in anime in the area is welcome to attend. It'll be primarily teens, but we welcome fans of all ages and parents, hahaha.

The first meeting is currently scheduled for Thursday, April 29th, from 6 to 8 P.M.

It's in the meeting room of the Westborough Public Library. The address is 55 West Main Street, Westborough, MA 01581.

We have a tentative website and a Facebook group . The first meeting will consist of a brief introduction to anime and what we're gonna do in the club, a bulletin of news and recent happenings in the anime world, and a getting-to-know-you activity (yay : D) . Future meetings will feature topics, games, or movie nights/episodes.
:geek: Arthur
attendee since '06, occasional panelist
Amjam
Determined Poster

Westborough Anime Club

Post by Amjam »

This just in - we've been accepted to Funimation's Operation Anime, and as such, we'll be watching the first episode of Soul Eater during the meeting and members will have a survey to take home (or complete online) to help out Funi's marketing department or some such thing.

Soul Eater! It's rated TV-14, so if you are opposed to cartoon violence (yet somehow interested in anime), you have been forewarned!
:geek: Arthur
attendee since '06, occasional panelist
smallbutmighty
Getting the hang of this...

Westborough Anime Club

Post by smallbutmighty »

Ohai Molly. Fancy seeing you here.
AB'in since 08

2012: Little-kid Yin from Darker Than Black
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Westborough Anime Club

Post by H. Guderian »

While I live next door in Marlborough, I'm working that evening, otherwise I'd venture out. I don't work every Thursday, but that one I do.
dansolo
Getting the hang of this...

Westborough Anime Club

Post by dansolo »

[quote=H. Guderian]While I live next door in Marlborough, I'm working that evening, otherwise I'd venture out. I don't work every Thursday, but that one I do.[/quote]

Hi all, this dude (a friend of mine) mentioned this to me. I'll try to make it myself. We were just discussing whether there were any local clubs the other night, haha!

Dan