Western Massachusetts Anime/Game fans?

Everyone wants to find fellow anime fans in their own town. This is the place to do it.
I'm new!

Western Massachusetts Anime/Game fans?

Post by SemeBoi » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm not entirely sure if there are any anime or gaming scenes around here. Western Massachusetts is so... barren.

If anyone knows of any groups within the area or wants to be animu/vidya friendos please let me know. I'm in Springfield so also nearby North Connecticut.

Determined Poster

Re: Western Massachusetts Anime/Game fans?

Post by DocWatson » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:31 am

I'm unfamiliar with Springfield, but there is at least one fannish club at each of the Five Colleges (in the Amherst/South Hadley/Northampton triangle). Here's a list of Massachusetts anime clubs, though it is likely a bit out of date, and the (UMass) Game Hobbyists' League certainly is, though the sidebar contains a useful list of most of the clubs' names. Despite the age of the Web site, GHL is still active and meets every Wednesday night in the UMass Campus Center.

There are two game stores in the area—X9 Games at the Hampshire Mall on Route 9/Russell Street in Hadley, and Off the Wall Games, also on Route 9/Russell Street in Hadley, and right across the Calvin Coolidge Bridge from I-91 Exit 19. Each has a space for tabletop gaming.

I'm guessing that there likely are similar clubs at some of the Springfield colleges.

A couple more useful sites:

Anime Clubs Unite

Meetup.com (search for "anime")