Boston Area

Everyone wants to find fellow anime fans in their own town. This is the place to do it.
Seridano
Getting the hang of this...

Boston Area

Post by Seridano » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Hey-o all, Brii here. I've gone and gotten myself a place near the Cambridge/Somerville line and am looking for fellow fans/copslayers/what have you to get together with for the occasional movie night, board game bonanza, and all manner of other fun nerdy things. I'm willing to host from time to time, and tend to make snacks. I also have oodles of tea on hand (about two full cabinets worth) for those who are so inclined (I'm looking at you lolitas o.o).

Anywho, do let me know if you'd be interested in this sort of thing, so that I might go about remedying this whole 'I barely know anyone in the area' thing.

KariKessler
Expert Poster

Re: Boston Area

Post by KariKessler » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:38 am

Im pretty busy with college crap rushing me to do things but I have always wanted to do this! I am so in. Keep us updated. I have a friend or two who might want to go as well. I'm usually free Fridays
Last edited by KariKessler on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Music~
[/b]
!~Anime~!

~!>Sleep<!~

~!>^Food^<!~

These are the ingredients chosen to create the perfect meds for sadness
[/color]
But Professor Kessler accidentally added a chemical ingredient

P~!O~!W~!
[/color] (explodes)
Reality ._. ......

kaitanuva

Post by kaitanuva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm down, I'm free Fridays and Weekends, usually

odokom
Expert Poster

Post by odokom » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:03 am

i would love to join! but i live a couple hours away from boston..so i can only come like once a month to every other month thats if i have the money and a place to stay if i spend the night

SolidHisoka13

Post by SolidHisoka13 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:20 pm

I live in Boston and would love to join in, sounds like a great time. I could probably convince some friends to go as well. Let me know if you are still up for it.

Zombiethebob

Post by Zombiethebob » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:23 pm

This still a thing? Or was it a thing? Hello...? =o

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Looks like all of the neighborhood-based threads were purged. We're going to have to push for folks to just come in here I guess.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee since 2010. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Looking forward to just enjoying AB2017!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^

Seridano

Post by Seridano » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:26 pm

Sorry, all, I didn't notice that this had taken off. Game/anime/what have you nights are still happening regularly (about once a month or so), and anyone interested is welcome to attend. I plan on hosting at least one more before AB proper (so people have a chance to get to know one another before the con. if you're interested in getting in on that, feel free to drop me a line via PM or post here (I promis I'll be checking it fairly regularly between now and AB).

OtakuAllura

Post by OtakuAllura » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:58 pm

I don't live in that area, I live like an hour and a half out but I go to school in Cambridge so I'm there like five days a week cx I can definitely hang out Fridays or something, at least.
Anime Boston 2013 - Attendee (Didn't cosplay my first year.)
Anime Boston 2014 - Fem!L Lawliet (Friday) Asuna Yuuki (Saturday)
Anime Boston 2015- L Lawliet (Friday) Pikachu (Saturday) OC (Sunday)
Anime Boston 2016- Isabelle Lightwood

Daniellexoxo
Experienced Poster

Post by Daniellexoxo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:09 am

I don't live in Boston but I'm about 30 - 40 min away by car. I live in Quincy and would love to join if it's still a thing....oh but is there an age limit though? :?:

Brinner1

Post by Brinner1 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:48 am

This sounds super cool! I really wish that I can go but im currently stationed overseas in the military. :cry:

I am however going to take leave sporadically throughout the year (and a week or so for AB 2016); so if you could post what weekend your planning to have it each month I could see if I would be back in MA. That is if you wouldnt mind doing so/letting me go haha. Im also from Quincy so its a short ride from train or car!
"Your petty quarrels only make me stronger"

Cerebral_Boar
AB Staff

Post by Cerebral_Boar » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:33 pm

I live in Boston and have very convenient access to the MBTA. I still consider myself a novice in anime, manga, cosplay, etc. but I'm happy to meet new people -- especially those who share these and other interests I have. I hope to make new friends at AB16, but I'm also taking a long view so that I can make friends after the con is over.
Michael St. Pierre
Anime Boston
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Senior Technical Staff 2018

Does April the 3rd mean anything to you? I believe that was the day of our first encounter. You look like you might be remembering something..."
-Richard, Hotline Miami

LayukiKronos
Experienced Poster

Post by LayukiKronos » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:38 pm

I go to board in Milton, and I would really like to meet up/get in touch with some anime fans in the area! I can get into the city using the T and would like to talk to the others in the area planning on going to AB17.
Cosplay 2018 Anime Boston

Chat Noir: Miraculous Ladybug
Shinya Hiragi: Bloody Blades
Viktor Nikiforov: Yuri On Ice
Alice: Pandora Hearts
Iwaizumi Hajime: Haikyuu
Izuku Midoriya: boku no Hero Academia

Cerebral_Boar
AB Staff

Post by Cerebral_Boar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:46 pm

LayukiKronos wrote:I go to board in Milton, and I would really like to meet up/get in touch with some anime fans in the area! I can get into the city using the T and would like to talk to the others in the area planning on going to AB17.
I am a three minute walk from Savin Hill MBTA Station. Maybe we could meet up?
Michael St. Pierre
Anime Boston
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Senior Technical Staff 2018

Does April the 3rd mean anything to you? I believe that was the day of our first encounter. You look like you might be remembering something..."
-Richard, Hotline Miami