Best Moments At AB2016

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2016.

Moderator: Nyuu

royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Best Moments At AB2016

Post by royalbakaness »

Probably my favorite moment of this AB was when my friends and I were leaving Artist's Alley. There was a guy there covered in these plastic toy thingys, and he was attracting quite the crowd. As he tried to get by, my friend turned around, took one look at him, and ran (she spooks easily). Her husband chased after her, and the cosplayer just laughed and laughed. I quickly explained that she scared easily and ran after her.
Later that night, after my friends had gone home, I was heading back to my hotel room and saw him in the hallway of the Pru. I told my other friend about the incident as we passed by, and the cosplayer saw me and ran up to me, asking where my friend had gone. I joked that he had scared her and she had to go home. He laughed and laughed again, and we both asked to get pictures with each other.
Hilarious.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Arakni666
Experienced Poster

Re: Best Moments At AB2016

Post by Arakni666 »

I had a great moment with the Bernie Sanders cosplayer, while the two of us were waiting for an elevator in the Sheraton. He was greeting everyone and thanking them for their support and shaking hands. I was cosplaying as the Riddler, and when he came to me, he grabbed my hand, shook it vigorously, and told me, "Mr. Riddler, I'm on your side. Bruce Wayne is the 1% and we need to bring him down."

It was one of the funniest con moments I've ever had, so whoever you are, Bernie Sanders cosplayer, thank you.
Thisisausername
Expert Poster

Post by Thisisausername »

Arakni666 wrote:I had a great moment with the Bernie Sanders cosplayer, while the two of us were waiting for an elevator in the Sheraton. He was greeting everyone and thanking them for their support and shaking hands. I was cosplaying as the Riddler, and when he came to me, he grabbed my hand, shook it vigorously, and told me, "Mr. Riddler, I'm on your side. Bruce Wayne is the 1% and we need to bring him down."

It was one of the funniest con moments I've ever had, so whoever you are, Bernie Sanders cosplayer, thank you.
I saw that guy when I was Indiana Jones on Sunday. He said "Dr. Jones! If you were being paid a fair salary as a teacher, you wouldn't have to go on all those expeditions around the world to get money from museums!"

Besides that, my personal best moment was the 18+ Dating game. I had a lot of people coming up to me and saying how funny I was, so I suppose I did well.
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

My best moment was being in cosplay chess and having an amazing time. Dandy getting me to look behind me so he could sneak up and attack was particularly great, as was getting tossed a grenade by Kurama. Whoops! Guess it wasn't a baseball after all.
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
RayneDeanZ
Expert Poster

Post by RayneDeanZ »

My two best moments from Con (because this year was filled with so many) had to be the four hours I walked around with a large group from the Dangan Ronpa photo shoot. It was so much fun to just hang out with all those great people and trying to maneuver around the Con and dealer's room.

The other moment was at the line for Closing Cermimonies. I had befriended The Great Lord of Pocky, Yajirobe earlier at con and while eating lunch we realized that it was 2:00 and almost time for people to be seated for the CC, I offered him my help to distribute Pocky. Not to fanboy too hard, but I got to help in a major iconic tradition of Anime Boston!!
Been coming since 2011

Anime Boston 2017:
Mastermind!Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa)
Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa)

Anime Boston 2018:
Shintaro Kisaragi (Kagerou Project)
Yasuke Matsuda (Dangan Ronpa)
Kiki (Kiki’s Delivery Service)

AB 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

AB 2022:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)

AB 2023:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

The moment where I stepped out of the cold and into the building.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

For me, the best moment was probably Family Feud. I was the Medusa and I just had so much fun.

The other Cosplay Games were also awesome, especially #TeamDolphin.

I also enjoyed walking around with friends, most notably Saturday night with our whole Soul Eater group. It felt really awesome to blast the theme song on a speaker and just hang out while looking cool (and giving out snakes!). A lot of people took our picture too, which was definitely a self-esteem booster.
Last edited by foreverfinn on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul
chemicalapples
Getting the hang of this...

Post by chemicalapples »

One of my favorite moments has to be when I was walking to the dealers room on Saturday and I run into a group of people cosplaying all 6 Matsuno brothers. Somebody was taking their picture and I asked for one too. The funny part was that this group hadn't even planned to meet up there, they had all just shown up by chance! The Osomatsu cosplayer from the group called it the "miracle oso group". I found all of them on tumblr too!

Also I have to give special mention to the Gaston arm wrestling Superman in the artist alley while Carl from Up looked on. (Carl: NO ONE FAILS LIKE GASTON! :lol: )
AB 2016
Friday: Clear (Dramatical Murder)
Saturday: Shizuka Hoshijiro (Knights of Sidonia)
Sunday: Armin Arlert (Attack on Titan)

chemicalapples.tumblr.com
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

Another favorite moment was when Eric Vale got within inches of my face during his panel I'm Gonna Voice In Your Face. Seeing as I've been dying to see him for a while now, it was awesome to see him (even so close to my face). His panels were great (the first guest panels I've bothered to go to), and I am still looking to try that Purple Haze cheese.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Soarinwater
Expert Poster

Post by Soarinwater »

To start Bluntly - Games. I loved Loved being in the games with everyone, for real, the highlight of my weekend and I can't wait to do it again next year should I be able to go! My Black*Star Nailed it and the staff were so kind to me when I was shaking right before I got on stage. And can't forget the little nod to the Manga of Maka Wielding Tsubaki in chess! My Maka and I joked so long about having that happen when we got the acceptance and then it actually happened?

Oh and though there wasn't a lot of photos of Tsu taken I was given a compliment on her and it made me so happy because I worked so hard on putting her together!

Another highlight was with my Mangle Cosplay and It consisted of me not wanting to put it on the morning of but ended up doing so anyway - and then this little voice just appears behind me and this little girl is going "Miss. Mangle can I get a photo with you" and Like -- Internal screaming?? I love little kids at cons.

Oh and then there was a small group of Black Butler Children that I had to make an entrance beside when I was Mey-Rin and they were just so cute!And then my Lizzie and the small group there were just in the Hallway getting photos taken by a bunch of people!

And I got an Ellie Badge. Seriously, so Many highlights!
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

favorite moment was the Magi photo shoot, people actually came who i wasn't expecting, and then two more for the dinner! it was the biggest and best photo shoot i ever had, the dinner was amazing and I met some really great friends! if you have a cosplay dinner, don't be afraid to invite people outside the fandom, it could wind up being so much fun!

the best Cosplay chess I've ever went to (might have been my only one since i really don't do much on Sundays) but it was amazing, I laughed every time Pagasas called Kurama a Her eventhough he knew he was a he, and the banter between Tamaki and Pagasas was epic, everyone in the cosplay chess did such a great job! next year i'll take videos because it was just super funny! :D
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

Soarinwater wrote:To start Bluntly - Games. I loved Loved being in the games with everyone, for real, the highlight of my weekend and I can't wait to do it again next year should I be able to go! My Black*Star Nailed it and the staff were so kind to me when I was shaking right before I got on stage. And can't forget the little nod to the Manga of Maka Wielding Tsubaki in chess! My Maka and I joked so long about having that happen when we got the acceptance and then it actually happened?

Oh and though there wasn't a lot of photos of Tsu taken I was given a compliment on her and it made me so happy because I worked so hard on putting her together!

Another highlight was with my Mangle Cosplay and It consisted of me not wanting to put it on the morning of but ended up doing so anyway - and then this little voice just appears behind me and this little girl is going "Miss. Mangle can I get a photo with you" and Like -- Internal screaming?? I love little kids at cons.

Oh and then there was a small group of Black Butler Children that I had to make an entrance beside when I was Mey-Rin and they were just so cute!And then my Lizzie and the small group there were just in the Hallway getting photos taken by a bunch of people!

And I got an Ellie Badge. Seriously, so Many highlights!
The games were definitely the best thing. I especially enjoyed our huge Soul Eater group on Sunday!
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul
MandaTifa
AB Staff

Post by MandaTifa »

A couple of my favorite moments:

The Final Fantasy Photo Shoot on Friday. It was one of the few times that I got to relax with some of my friends for 3 seconds and just goof around. And the Aerith handing out flowers to little "Muggle" children was just the cutest thing.

On Saturday a good chunk of the Masquerade staff dressed up as AB cheerleaders. After the Masquerade was over, we were waiting for a table in front of Cheesecake Factory, and a pair of "normal" people ran up to us all excited about the costumes they were seeing and were asking us questions. Then the girl took a picture with the cheerleaders and got to play with our pom poms. She was so excited and it was adorable. And I thought it was funny that we had been in cosplay all day, but the pictures that meant the most were our original cheerleading outfits. :D
Amanda Graves
Cosplay Guest Coordinator 2024
Masquerade Assistant Coordinator 2023
Masquerade Staff 2012 - 2022
Attendee 2010-2011
Bakuretsu Con Staff 2009-2016, 2018 - 2019

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

"Be strong, Red XIII."
MollyThornhart
Getting the hang of this...

Post by MollyThornhart »

Yes, the Bernie Sanders cosplayer was fantastic! I met him outside if the Hynes doors and I called him he came tight over acting his Berniest!
I loved running around all say in my ivory dress, all ready for the Ball, and I had a wonderful time dancing! I look forward to it every year and it.s my very favorite event at AB!
The Japanese pro wrestling panel was informative and extremely interesting. Comparing and contrasting Dragons Gate against New Japan showed off the styles and left enough time for a q and a with time to spare made it most interesting. The panelists were knowledgeable and gave informative answers to all questions. I loved the dealers room this year and bought three items for a total of thirty dollars. Everyone looked spectacular in their cosplays and my head kept turning all over the place. My favorite cosplay was if course a pro wrestler, "Stardust". On Saturday night, my last night there, I attended Bad Anime,Bad panel for the first time and My legs were beginning to cramp, but I had a blast along with my friends.
All in all, a better con experience for me this year than last because I knew to expect crap weather and dressed for it. With coat check only one dollar per item, it is not only reasonable but necessary in March in New England. The sewing workshops in the Prudential were fun for me, since I hadn't picked up a needle and thread iin 30 years and behold, two hours later I had created a pair of fox ear clips.
A million times thank you for the security staff, volunteers and BPD for providing us with a wonderful weekend. See you in 2017~~~~
Friday = O/C Character Molly Thornhart from the Phantom of the Opera
Saturday = Courtney Love

There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
Cause he knows it's all worthwhile
He told me:
Let the children lose it
Let the children use it
Let all the children boogie
BriP
Experienced Poster

Post by BriP »

Pretty much the Final Fantasy photoshoots on both Friday and Saturday. To wade through the crowds the people who cosplayed characters with the big swords used those as beacons so we could all see where the heck everyone was going. Thanks to that shoot I met a lot of awesome new friends.
Anime Boston 2019 Line-up
Friday: KH3 Sora
Saturday: Halloween Town Sora
Sunday: KHO Sora
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Best :D moment: Getting to see Greg Ayres' 18+ panel for the first time!

Best :twisted: moment (overheard in a Sheraton elevator): a whiny twentysomething was complaining to his buddies that he tried to sneak into con without a badge and got caught. But if that was the case, what was he doing in a Sheraton elevator?
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

I got to spend lots of time with my fiance, which is what I really wanted ^.^

But my favorite moment would have to be while I was Ice Queen on Friday, a Ruby from Steven Universe started calling "Sapphire!!" and ran up to me, so excited, and I had to gently let know that no, I was Ice Queen, but a Sapphire did walk by while I was talking with her!! :lol:
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Post by Darkvyse88 »

Anime Boston was a lot of fun this year! From Cosplay Chess to the 18+ Dating Game to just people watching, I always enjoy just meeting people old and new.

My favorite memory is that of the Metal Gear photoshoots! We managed to get the biggest group of people since Day 2 of 2009!

If you were at the MGS shoot or want to do MGS cosplay next year, following the link below for our FB group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/614018392088890/

See you all at the next con and at AB 2017!
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
MandaTifa
AB Staff

Post by MandaTifa »

BriP wrote:Pretty much the Final Fantasy photoshoots on both Friday and Saturday. To wade through the crowds the people who cosplayed characters with the big swords used those as beacons so we could all see where the heck everyone was going. Thanks to that shoot I met a lot of awesome new friends.
That was pretty awesome. I really enjoyed the Friday shoot. :D
Amanda Graves
Cosplay Guest Coordinator 2024
Masquerade Assistant Coordinator 2023
Masquerade Staff 2012 - 2022
Attendee 2010-2011
Bakuretsu Con Staff 2009-2016, 2018 - 2019

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

"Be strong, Red XIII."
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

I would say, on Saturday heading to the Masquerade, my group decided to take the Boylston entrance and on our way, A Tuxedo Mask cosplayer approached me and asked if we could help guide him to the Boylston entrance with us. I said sure, just follow us. After we reached the entrance he said thank you and gave me a rose. It was sweet! I ended up placing that rose on my flag pole and letting it be a part of my cosplay, which doesn't include a rose. ^.^ It was so nice.

Another thing, actually being recognized for my obscure cosplay. Guess a lot of people still remember the Electabuzz baseball fan girl from Pokemon Jhoto.

One more thang! Karaoke, singing a long to the pokemon rap with everyone. Woo!

One last thing! Meeting a charismatic Hayao Miyazaki cosplayer and getting his picture. XD
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone