Tales Of Series 2016

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2016.

Moderator: Nyuu

Tasima
I'm new!

Tales Of Series 2016

Post by Tasima »

Hey there, Tales fans!

I'm planning on bringing my new Edna cosplay with me to AB this year (it's actually my first cosplay that I've made myself, and though it's nothing amazing, I'm super excited to get to wear it for the first time). And of course, I would love to meet up with any other Tales cosplayers (of course other Zestiria folks would be lovely, but I'd be up for meeting with anyone cosplaying from any of the games~)

In doing some research, I noticed in the past the photoshoot has been held on Fridays. Alas, I don't think I'll be able to be at the con (in costume, at least), until Saturday. So even if there is still something on Friday, I'm especially wondering if there's anyone who wants to meet up on Saturday to take some pictures and such?
Cinnamon Chai
Expert Poster

Re: Tales Of Series 2016

Post by Cinnamon Chai »

I'll be wearing Mikleo on Friday! I know some other Tales cosplayers going, but I'm not sure what days they're planning on wearing their costumes. I have other plans on Saturday, but if there's a meetup and I'm able to make it, I'd love to come take pictures of everyone gathered.
AB 2018 plans
Oscar Dragonia - Tales of Berseria
Sailor Saturn
Taako - The Adventure Zone
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

Im cosplaying Sheena from ToS on fri or sat. Love all the tales games and would love to get photos of/with you guys :)
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Yui Komori (diabolik lovers)
Chizuru Yukimura (hakuoki)
Squirtle (pokemon)
Neko-Angelo
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Neko-Angelo »

not sure which days yet
but me and my twin brother are bringing Luke and Asch from TotA
hope to see everyone there :D
AB 2023 cosplay lineup
Silver - Twisted Wonderland - Masquerade outfit - Dorm Outfit
Ryuunosuke Naruhodou - The Great Ace Attorney
leronde
I'm new!

Post by leronde »

i'm cosplaying tox2 leia every day of the con (because i'm too poor to make more than one cosplay ha...ha...rip) and would love to meet up with people! i know for sure i can be there saturday, not sure about friday because i'm coming after school but i'll be there in the evening after dinner! (if there's any more updates on a meetup pls keep me updated since i know i'll forget to check this thread-- my skype is rustboro !)
soundsofstarlight
I'm new!

Post by soundsofstarlight »

I'm planning on Estelle's blue dress (Vesperia), but I might bring either Fourier (Graces) or Leia (Xillia 2) as back-ups or for the other days, though I might wear Estelle for both Fri/Sat if I finish everything for her in time.

Either way, I had a great time last year at the Tales gathering, and can't wait to see other "Tales of" cosplayers! :D
mahoukiyoraka
Expert Poster

Post by mahoukiyoraka »

Hey everyone! I'm helping host again!
The shoot will be in the same location - by room 313 (third floor). It will be at 12PM on Friday.
Here's a link to the Facebook event if you're on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1060060014029729/

Also as a headsup - Buns on Buns Cosplay will be presenting the panel "Tales of Tales!" again! It's changed a lot since last year, so please come if you can! Will update on time/place when it is available!
Thalirin
Expert Poster

Post by Thalirin »

Hello all :D I was the ToX2 Milla Maxwell last year, with a Jude Mathis and ToX2 Gaius with me. Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure if I will be cosplaying Tales during Friday and Saturday this year, but I will certainly try to squeak Milla in for one of the 3 days, and/or come by the shoot to say hello to everyone.

Also myself and my Jude submitted a joint application for this year's Cosplay chess on the Student side *crosses fingers* Hope we can get some Tales representation there!

- Rin
AB 2011 - Sync the Tempest (Tales of the Abyss), Kratos Aurion: Judgment (Tales of Symphonia)
AB 2012 - Kratos Aurion: Judgment (ToS), Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
AB 2013 - Jack Vessalius, Roy Mustang: Formal Version (Full Metal Alchemist)
AB 2015 - Milla Maxwell (Tales of Xillia 2)
Tasima
I'm new!

Post by Tasima »

Well, I don't think I stand even the slightest chance of being around for noon on Friday (the struggles of going with a college group, when said college is in the middle of nowhere New York...), but I do hope to see some of you around on Saturday/just other times in general, whether you're in Tales Costume or not!
Thalirin
Expert Poster

Post by Thalirin »

Still unsure of other days, but my friend and I did get into Cosplay Chess so we'll be in that as Jude and Milla on Sunday and then walking around in costume for the rest of Sunday. XD
AB 2011 - Sync the Tempest (Tales of the Abyss), Kratos Aurion: Judgment (Tales of Symphonia)
AB 2012 - Kratos Aurion: Judgment (ToS), Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
AB 2013 - Jack Vessalius, Roy Mustang: Formal Version (Full Metal Alchemist)
AB 2015 - Milla Maxwell (Tales of Xillia 2)
TheLegendOfAmaya
I'm new!

Post by TheLegendOfAmaya »

I'll be cosplaying Lloyd on Friday. My sister is being Decus.
mahoukiyoraka
Expert Poster

Post by mahoukiyoraka »

Tasima wrote:Well, I don't think I stand even the slightest chance of being around for noon on Friday (the struggles of going with a college group, when said college is in the middle of nowhere New York...), but I do hope to see some of you around on Saturday/just other times in general, whether you're in Tales Costume or not!
Any chance you're near the Finger Lakes? Haha, I went to college up there!

But as an update, the shoot is still on for Friday at 12! I'm super sorry if anyone can't make it :?
Good news though, the Tales of Tales! panel has been scheduled for Friday at 3:30pm! Hope to see you guys there!!
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2016 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.