Touken Ranbu 2016

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2016.

Moderator: Nyuu

sylphofkarkat
Veteran Poster

Touken Ranbu 2016

Post by sylphofkarkat »

Last April I had no idea what this game was and only saw a grand total of one (1) sword cosplay (which was amazing, by the way, min if you're reading this i love your ima cos!! i'm so glad to see it improving every time you wear it!!) Now that it's a new year, it's been about a month since I've started playing, and I'm already sucked into sword hell. But enough about me, who else will be cosplaying from Touken Ranbu next March??

My friends and I are making our cosplays kind of a senior year project (except they don't know what tkrb is ^n^;;); at the moment I am set to be Kashuu, one friend will be Yasusada and another may be Horikawa. I'm really hoping I can get two more friends to join me so I can get an entire Shinsengumi group!

If possible I would love to schedule a photoshoot!
currently: the grind never ends

ab11-12,14-18
ab19: sayo hikawa [rainy blue rose](bang dream)
sogo osaka [part 3 casual](idolish7)
kase tomoka (asagao to kase-san)
naoise [summer] or lucilius (granblue fantasy)
peachy
Veteran Poster

Re: Touken Ranbu 2016

Post by peachy »

That sounds great! I am planning Nikkari Aoe and my partner as Imanotsurugi. (Perhaps a friend of ours as Iwatooshi too.)
I am not sure what day to plan it yet since it is so far out. Glad to know there is interest!
(^・⋏・^)ノ
oaruish
I'm new!

Post by oaruish »

I will most likely be attending as Izumi no Kami Kanesada so if you need someone for your Shinsengumi group please feel free to message me! Sounds like a great idea and I'm always ready to find more friends who get sucked into the sword hell abyss.

The smith may not forge Jijis but he does forge friendships.
sylphofkarkat
Veteran Poster

Post by sylphofkarkat »

peachy wrote:That sounds great! I am planning Nikkari Aoe and my partner as Imanotsurugi. (Perhaps a friend of ours as Iwatooshi too.)
I am not sure what day to plan it yet since it is so far out. Glad to know there is interest!
Oh, splendid! I can't wait to see you guys!
Yeah, since it's so long from now I don't know either. I'm thinking about Saturday since it's the most crowded day so we may get more people to show up. We'll see.
oaruish wrote:I will most likely be attending as Izumi no Kami Kanesada so if you need someone for your Shinsengumi group please feel free to message me! Sounds like a great idea and I'm always ready to find more friends who get sucked into the sword hell abyss.

The smith may not forge Jijis but he does forge friendships.
Whoa, thank you for the offer! I'll keep you in mind! My friend who was going to be Horikawa now wants to be Namazuo though, so I guess I'm back to square two. Do you have a Tumblr or Twitter so we can talk about this?

ab11-12,14-18
oaruish
I'm new!

Post by oaruish »

Sorry for the late reply, I sent a PM
sylphofkarkat
Veteran Poster

Post by sylphofkarkat »

Hello again! The con's in a few months now so I made an event page for us!

On Facebook

Please invite your friends!

ab11-12,14-18
jajafar
Getting the hang of this...

Post by jajafar »

I will definitely be going to the photoshoot on Sat as a photographer, but I've decided to do my Kogitsunemaru cos on Friday :/
Would there be any interest in doing a shoot on friday, even if it's a smaller one? I don't know the venue so I can't set it up but if there's other cosplayers doing swords on Friday I'd be super happy to get together!
peachy
Veteran Poster

Post by peachy »

jajafar wrote:I will definitely be going to the photoshoot on Sat as a photographer, but I've decided to do my Kogitsunemaru cos on Friday :/
Would there be any interest in doing a shoot on friday, even if it's a smaller one? I don't know the venue so I can't set it up but if there's other cosplayers doing swords on Friday I'd be super happy to get together!
Hey! I will also be doing tkrb for Friday; I wouldn't mind hosting. I should be free from 10 AM - 4PM.
Here are some suggestions for location:
Outside: Inside:
  • Outside Panel 210
    Outside Panel 313
    Outside PF Chang's (down Belvidere Arcade)
Time and location will also depend on the time agreed on.
(^・⋏・^)ノ
fuwafuwanwan
Experienced Poster

Post by fuwafuwanwan »

Hi everyone ^^
I'll be doing Gokotai on Fri. I'm excited to meet everyone and see your cos.!:D
AB13: Fuzukigami - Natsume Yuujinchou ☆ Gothic Lolita Fashion
AB14: Natsume Reiko - Natsume Yuujinchou ☆ Hatsune Miku - Senbonzakura ☆ Hiyori Iki - Noragami
AB16: Gokotai - TKRB ☆ Mrs. Maschera Noir - Sakizo ☆ Natsume Reiko - Natsume Yuujinchou
AB17: Yoshiwara Shiro - Adekan
jajafar

Post by jajafar »

peachy wrote:
jajafar wrote:I will definitely be going to the photoshoot on Sat as a photographer, but I've decided to do my Kogitsunemaru cos on Friday :/
Hey! I will also be doing tkrb for Friday; I wouldn't mind hosting. I should be free from 10 AM - 4PM.
Here are some suggestions for location:
Outside: Inside:
  • Outside Panel 210
    Outside Panel 313
    Outside PF Chang's (down Belvidere Arcade)
Time and location will also depend on the time agreed on.
I would be willing to do any time on Friday! I don't think I have anything scheduled for that day. I've never been to Boston so I have any idea what any locations are like, so I can leave that up to you! Both of the outside locations look really nice!
AB cos lineup:
Fri: Kogitsunemaru (Touken Ranbu)
Sat & Sun: Guren (Owari no Seraph)
momijizukamori
AB Staff

Post by momijizukamori »

I'd be interested in a Friday shoot! I'm going to be bringing Yamatonokami Yasusada, but I can't do Saturday afternoon because I'm staff and that's my department's busy-time. I'm pretty flexible for time Friday, though!
Ruth Hatch
Cosplay Repair Co-Coordinator 2024
Cosplay Repair Coordinator 2023
Cosplay Repair Station Manager 2018 - 2022
Cosplay Repair Station 2015 - 2017
"I make mistakes so you don't have to."
Ibitaniryou
I'm new!

Post by Ibitaniryou »

If there is a Friday shoot I prob go as saniwa or something, :lol: i think saturday i maybe cosing fudou or internal affairs maeda, but I guess for friday sometime in later afternoon maybe like 2 pm?
jajafar

Post by jajafar »

outside of rm 313 is in use for a shoot at 1pm and 3:30pm on Friday so i would suggest not having that as the main location or rained-out location since people will be hanging around before/after the shoots for awhile.
AB cos lineup:
peachy
Veteran Poster

Post by peachy »

momijizukamori wrote:I'd be interested in a Friday shoot! I'm going to be bringing Yamatonokami Yasusada, but I can't do Saturday afternoon because I'm staff and that's my department's busy-time. I'm pretty flexible for time Friday, though!
Sure thing! I will put together a Friday meet since it is becoming popular.
Ibitaniryou wrote:If there is a Friday shoot I prob go as saniwa or something, :lol: i think saturday i maybe cosing fudou or internal affairs maeda, but I guess for friday sometime in later afternoon maybe like 2 pm?
Thank you, Saniwa! I will make the tentative plan for 2 PM so far.
jajafar wrote:outside of rm 313 is in use for a shoot at 1pm and 3:30pm on Friday so i would suggest not having that as the main location or rained-out location since people will be hanging around before/after the shoots for awhile.
Thanks for that. I wasn't sure just yet because of time frame.
If nice weather permits, Christian Science Plaza Water area? (I saw there is a FF group, but that area is large so we can locate.) If not, inside entrance of PF Chang's?

I will see about scoping out the suggested (non-Hynes) areas this week.
(^・⋏・^)ノ
jajafar

Post by jajafar »

peachy wrote:
jajafar wrote:outside of rm 313 is in use for a shoot at 1pm and 3:30pm on Friday so i would suggest not having that as the main location or rained-out location since people will be hanging around before/after the shoots for awhile.
If nice weather permits, Christian Science Plaza Water area? (I saw there is a FF group, but that area is large so we can locate.) If not, inside entrance of PF Chang's?

Is "the reflecting pool" the Christian Science Centre water area? I've never been to Boston I have no idea where these locations are lol

Also have we decided on a time? Maybe around 1 or 2pm?
AB cos lineup:
peachy
Veteran Poster

Post by peachy »

jajafar wrote:
peachy wrote:

Is "the reflecting pool" the Christian Science Centre water area? I've never been to Boston I have no idea where these locations are lol

Also have we decided on a time? Maybe around 1 or 2pm?
It is! Sometimes the water isn't filled until warmer weather though. It should be easy to spot. I will provide directions if it is decided to be there (or if another is chosen).
2 PM is decided! Here is the FB event page. https://www.facebook.com/events/1123318024386108
It will be updated with more info once everything's decided.
(^・⋏・^)ノ
jajafar

Post by jajafar »

OK! Can you submit the time/location to the master thread, since you're the organizer and all lol
Should we also have a rained-out location inside somewhere?
AB cos lineup:
peachy
Veteran Poster

Post by peachy »

jajafar wrote:OK! Can you submit the time/location to the master thread, since you're the organizer and all lol
Should we also have a rained-out location inside somewhere?
Oh sure! I figured to wait for more input, but I will solidify that time/location.

Time: Fri 3/25 at 2 PM
Location: Christian Science Plaza Water area (Rain location: inside entrance of PF Chang's)
FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1123318024386108

Thanks!
(^・⋏・^)ノ
Oos
Expert Poster

Post by Oos »

I'M READY im gonna be internal affairs iwatooshi on friday afternoon, and internal affairs tonbokiri on saturday! 8U

BEEG MUSKLES except not and also im 5 feet tall

BUT IM READDDDYYYYYYYY GAAAHAHAAAHAHA
AB '19 roster!

Friday: Internal Affairs Tonbokiri (Touken Ranbu)
Saturday: Saizo (Fire Emblem Fates)
Sunday: Yamabushi Kunihiro (Touken Ranbu)
peachy
Veteran Poster

Post by peachy »

Oos wrote:I'M READY im gonna be internal affairs iwatooshi on friday afternoon, and internal affairs tonbokiri on saturday! 8U

BEEG MUSKLES except not and also im 5 feet tall

BUT IM READDDDYYYYYYYY GAAAHAHAAAHAHA
Fantastic!! I am excited to meet fellow tourabu fans.
(^・⋏・^)ノ
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2016 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.