Sword Art Online (SAO)/GGO 2016

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2016.

Moderator: Nyuu

Daniellexoxo
Experienced Poster

Sword Art Online (SAO)/GGO 2016

Post by Daniellexoxo »

Hey :) Is anyone going as any character from SAO/GGO for AB 16? I plan to go as Kirito (GGO) and idk, it would be pretty fun to have other SAO/GGO cosplayers as I've only started cosplaying last year (Hinata Hyuga).

Also, I might host a photo shoot, days will probably depend on you guys but so far my schedule is open for any of the days. Location should by in or close to hynes though, otherwise, it could cause some inconvenience. Let me know what day/time would work for you :)

Quick question though... I was planing on bringing a (re-customised) light up star war lighsaber (plastic) and an airsoft hand gun (no bullet in it though) as prop. do you think this is allowed? they are both made out of plastic... :D :?:
Last edited by Daniellexoxo on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Re: Sword Art Online (SAO)/GGO 2016

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Lightsaber, yes.
The airsoft gun has to be made permanently disabled (unable to fire) and have the orange saftey tip. They are very adamant and clear about this is their rule book. They also will require all props to go through prop check daily to be peace bonded.
They cannot preapprove any props, but if you do what I mentioned above, it should pass.
Hope this helps.
Also, I'll keep an eye out for you. I was Lisbeth this year and love to meet other SAO fans.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Daniellexoxo
Experienced Poster

Post by Daniellexoxo »

GinjaNinja wrote:Lightsaber, yes.
The airsoft gun has to be made permanently disabled (unable to fire) and have the orange saftey tip. They are very adamant and clear about this is their rule book. They also will require all props to go through prop check daily to be peace bonded.
They cannot preapprove any props, but if you do what I mentioned above, it should pass.
Hope this helps.
Also, I'll keep an eye out for you. I was Lisbeth this year and love to meet other SAO fans.
Hey! Thax for the tips :) good thing i checked first :D lol. And Yes :) I would definitely love to meet u at the con :)
kyrix
Getting the hang of this...

Post by kyrix »

Hi! I'm planning on being there as Yuuki, probably on Friday and Sunday, though I'm not totally sure yet. I'd love to do a photoshoot!
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

Post by purple_popinjay »

I had a family emergency and only made it for a short while last year. So this year I definitely want to bring Gleam Eyes!
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AB 2024 Tentative Line-Up:
Schedule TBD
SyaoranLi

Post by SyaoranLi »

I'm working on a Death Gun costume, and I'd be interested in the shoot, if it's happening! =)
Michaelion
I'm new!

Post by Michaelion »

Howdy :D ,
So I'm hopefully attending in a SAO cosplay. If you end up doing that photoshoot it would be awesome if I could participate! Only problem is I have to make sure I have a ride to the con. :lol:
-Kaela
Kittens.and.roses
I'm new!

Post by Kittens.and.roses »

On saturday I'm being Alo Sinon and that would be super cool if there was a meet up/photoshoot
Daniellexoxo
Experienced Poster

Post by Daniellexoxo »

Hey all. AB is comming soon and omg..so excited :)
Anyways. I'd like your input on a time and location since i will either bring my camera or hire a photographer.
Do keep in mind that i cant be there till friday afternoon though since i have school
RunningInThe90s

Post by RunningInThe90s »

I am probably bringing my KOB / 1st season Asuna. I really enjoyed cosplaying her last year (I was the Asuna at the After Dark Dating Game in 2015).
~Kaori
「祇園精舎の鐘の聲、 諸行無常の響あり。」
AB Attendee: '03-'05, '07-'13, '15-'17
Cosplay in Progress:
None

My Cosplay Page ~ Stardust Camellia ~
SyaoranLi

Post by SyaoranLi »

Just throwing out a thought for time/place, how about Saturday afternoon (maybe around 3?) on the second floor? It doesn't look like we'd conflict with anyone else there. Anyone else have any other thoughts?
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

I have a Star Wars photoshoot around then. :(

Could we do morning?
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

Schedule TBD
SyaoranLi

Post by SyaoranLi »

Morning works for me! How does 11:00 or so work for everyone? That'd be late enough for people to get in if they aren't staying in the hotel. Any thoughts?
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Lynkos wrote:I had a family emergency and only made it for a short while last year. So this year I definitely want to bring Gleam Eyes!
What day were you planning to wear Gleam Eyes? I might be Lis at some point on Friday and would love pics.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
SyaoranLi

Post by SyaoranLi »

If we do Friday, we should do it later in the day, so OP can make it...maybe around 5:00ish? How do people feel about that? Is there anyone who's interested in going who can't make 5:00 PM on Friday?
Daniellexoxo
Experienced Poster

Post by Daniellexoxo »

SyaoranLi wrote:If we do Friday, we should do it later in the day, so OP can make it...maybe around 5:00ish? How do people feel about that? Is there anyone who's interested in going who can't make 5:00 PM on Friday?
Yea...i have a street fight one at 6...only sunday would work for me
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Daniellexoxo wrote:
SyaoranLi wrote:If we do Friday, we should do it later in the day, so OP can make it...maybe around 5:00ish? How do people feel about that? Is there anyone who's interested in going who can't make 5:00 PM on Friday?
Last year we did one for all three days. I'm not saying we should do that again for this year, but not everyone is going to be able to make it if it's just one day.
That being said, if you do decide to make it only one day, try and see when most of the people in the thread are cosplaying from SAO and plan it accordingly. I will have Lisbeth with me and am staying right in the Sheraton so I could always change for the photoshoot if I chose.

It's whatever you guys decide though. I'm not planning on running an SAO shoot this year since Lis is not one of my main cosplays for the year. I'm co-hosting the Durarara!! one on Saturday at 3 though and sometime on Friday I'll be at a DRAMAtical Murder one, but I don't plan on staying in my Aoba (from DRAMAtical Murder) cosplay all day since it gets quite hot and was planning on switching to Lis sometime in the afternoon on Friday.
5 PM would work fine for me on Friday if I get a vote lol.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

GinjaNinja wrote:
Lynkos wrote:I had a family emergency and only made it for a short while last year. So this year I definitely want to bring Gleam Eyes!
What day were you planning to wear Gleam Eyes? I might be Lis at some point on Friday and would love pics.
I will be wearing it Saturday for sure because I am doing a walk-on in the Masquerade. But that's also a time constraint. I also have a Star Wars photoshoot Saturday afternoon.

Depending on my judging time, I may also be wearing it Friday evening.

Schedule TBD
SyaoranLi

Post by SyaoranLi »

GinjaNinja wrote:
Daniellexoxo wrote:
Last year we did one for all three days. I'm not saying we should do that again for this year, but not everyone is going to be able to make it if it's just one day.
That being said, if you do decide to make it only one day, try and see when most of the people in the thread are cosplaying from SAO and plan it accordingly. I will have Lisbeth with me and am staying right in the Sheraton so I could always change for the photoshoot if I chose.

It's whatever you guys decide though. I'm not planning on running an SAO shoot this year since Lis is not one of my main cosplays for the year. I'm co-hosting the Durarara!! one on Saturday at 3 though and sometime on Friday I'll be at a DRAMAtical Murder one, but I don't plan on staying in my Aoba (from DRAMAtical Murder) cosplay all day since it gets quite hot and was planning on switching to Lis sometime in the afternoon on Friday.
5 PM would work fine for me on Friday if I get a vote lol.

You have a good point, there's no reason we can't run one for every day. Maybe we could try for 5:00 Friday and Saturday, and maybe sometime in the morning Sunday? 11:00 or so? Just throwing it out there! =)
DarkWarrior89

Post by DarkWarrior89 »

Hey folks I just noticed this thread and wanted to let you know were actually going to be posting the SAO Photo-shoot later today once we finalize the information. We will be holding a Friday 5:00pm Shoot and a Saturday 5:00pm as well to give people enough time to do either.

I will update with information as we go.
DarkWarrior89

Post by DarkWarrior89 »

Hey everyone we have our Sword Art Online shoot up and ready to go. I will have it's own thread up in a moment but please hop on over to the Page and "Like" or Join the gathering. We hope to see you all there in your various awesome SAO Cosplay's. :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1528258817468045/

"We are proud to host the Sword Art Online Photoshoot this year at Anime Boston 2016, and look forward to seeing the many of you who will bring your epic Cosplays to the event on this 7th Anniversary of the series. There will be 2 seperate Shoots, one on Friday March 25th at 7:00PM, and one Saturday March 26th at 7:00pm. Both shoots will occur in Pre-Function Hallway B (1st Floor) on the far side of the Hynes near the Escalators.

You will need to look for the Black Swordsman Kirito with a Camera to know your in the right location. There will also be a prize for the best SAO Cosplay present; which will be decided at the end of the Shoot. We cannot wait to see you all there. :)"

DarkWarrior89

Post by DarkWarrior89 »

Bump
kyrix

Post by kyrix »

Just looked through this thread again, awesome that there's something set up now! But I was wondering, do people want to set a time on Sunday too? It seemed like some people could only make Sunday, so I figured I'd ask. I'll be able to make the Friday shoot and could do Sunday after ~1.

TEN DAYS :o
SyaoranLi

Post by SyaoranLi »

I think another shoot on Sunday would be a good idea, too!
kyrix

Post by kyrix »

Well I'll probably be hanging out for a little outside the auditorium after chess on Sunday, so if anyone wants to meet up more informally find me there!
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2016 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Programming Assistant Director 2025
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.