Cosplay footwear?

Looking for advice for your cosplay skit? Need help with your latest costume? Have advice to offer? Looking to sell some commissioned costumes? This is the place!
SnowyOwl245
Expert Poster
Location: Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Mount Greylock, Massachusetts

Cosplay footwear?

Post by SnowyOwl245 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:54 am

Hello, I know they talk about this in the cosplay policies on the main site, but I just need a little further clarification.

I was just wondering if ballet slippers would be acceptable footwear? They said dancers' shoes are acceptable, but I wasn't sure if that would include regular ballet slippers since they're softer/thinner (as opposed to pointe shoes).

Thank you!
AB 2015: Princess Zelda and Katniss Everdeen
AB 2016: Eli Ayase, Makoto Tachibana, Sam Winchester
AB 2017: Mami Tomoe, Eli Ayase (Fairy Set), Victor Nikiforov (Yuri!!! on Ice)

Mirotic
Veteran Poster

Re: Cosplay footwear?

Post by Mirotic » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:27 pm

!! Not staff - This comes from experience and reading the rules !!

There are only a two banned footwear options I can think of:
Barefoot and Heelies/Rollerblades/Anything with wheels

On the cosplay policies page dancer shoes and flip flops are given as an alternative to being barefoot.

Ballet shoes should be fine, your feet are covered. They just really don't want thousands of bare feet on the convention floor (I personally have worn slippers, granted they had a hard bottom).
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017