Concerning FAQ Question 14

Looking for advice for your cosplay skit? Need help with your latest costume? Have advice to offer? Looking to sell some commissioned costumes? This is the place!
Mauralucky7
Getting the hang of this...

Concerning FAQ Question 14

Post by Mauralucky7 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:30 pm

I was tentatively planning to cosplay Transformed Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill this year at AB. I've seen cosplayers do the same in the past at AB but I'm a tad concerned that it might be too revealing and will not be allowed. Does anyone have any prior experience or insight on this?

FAQ Question 14
My costume is pretty skimpy. Can I still wear it to the convention?
Offensive and/or revealing attire is prohibited. We kindly ask that people refrain from wearing costumes that would be considered inappropriate in public. Shirts are required in the Prudential Mall, Sheraton Hotel lobby, and all areas where food is served. If you're asked to cover up by Convention, Prudential, or Sheraton staff, please comply.
AB 2014 - Erza Scarlet Heavens Wheel Armor. Done!
AB 2015 - Erza Scarlet Heavens Wheel Armor remade. Potentially Varia suit as well.

FiretoIce
Expert Poster

Re: Concerning FAQ Question 14

Post by FiretoIce » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi~!

I have done cosplays of Lady Death, Mystique and emma frost. I altered the costumes to have my top as a full cover of my chest, no side, under or over boob, and made the panties into at least swim trunk cut bottoms. or booty shorts if i was going to a convention where consent has been questionable.
When in doubt, grab a body suit and build your costume over that. it provides protection and covering, and is a little more comfortable to sit in plastic chairs in. Thigh stick is real after walking a convention floor.

Hope that helps!
2017 AB-
San
Boros
Ashiya

MomoKitty
I'm Special!

Re: Concerning FAQ Question 14

Post by MomoKitty » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:59 pm

My friend did transformed Ryuuko and wore nothing but pasties on the top half of her. I have no idea what she did outside of the Hynes. I think she just went back to the Sheraton to change her top half before going outside.
Planned Cosplays for AB 2018
SPACE BABY!
Duo Maxwell-Gundam Wing
Pidge- Voltron
Secret Space Cosplay
Chat Noir- Miraculous Ladybug
Nora- RWBY
Possibly a variation of Duo