Banned cosplays?

Looking for advice for your cosplay skit? Need help with your latest costume? Have advice to offer? Looking to sell some commissioned costumes? This is the place!
tntd
I'm new!

Banned cosplays?

Post by tntd » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:51 am

I was wondering if there was any type of list of cosplays that just aren't allowed, I do recall that "Pedo Bear" cosplay was banned, and I was thinking of going as Herbert, the old man from Family Guy, but it's in the same territory as Pedo Bear, so is this allowed?

Cerebral_Boar
AB Staff

Re: Banned cosplays?

Post by Cerebral_Boar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:39 pm

Michael St. Pierre
Anime Boston
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Senior Technical Staff 2018

Does April the 3rd mean anything to you? I believe that was the day of our first encounter. You look like you might be remembering something..."
-Richard, Hotline Miami

Cerebral_Boar
AB Staff

Post by Cerebral_Boar » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:22 am

I think as long as you use discretion and be respectful at the convention you'll avoid a lot of trouble, even if you're cosplaying as the Quahog Creepshow!
Michael St. Pierre
Anime Boston
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Senior Technical Staff 2018

Does April the 3rd mean anything to you? I believe that was the day of our first encounter. You look like you might be remembering something..."
-Richard, Hotline Miami

Dragonrider1227
Expert Poster

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Wait, was Pedobear banned? Not that I'm complaining or surprised but this is the first I've heard of it. That would explain why I haven't seen him in a while though.
Drama Finalist 2015 A Boy In Funny Red Boots