Persona 2018

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2018.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

NaraHale
Experienced Poster

Persona 2018

Post by NaraHale »

I didn't Persona gathering on the forums here - so let's see if anyone is cosplaying from Persona!

I will probably be Joker (Theif's outfit) from Persona 5 at least one day of the con. Haven't decided which yet.

I may also be Yukiko from Persona 4, but that one's a maybe.

Is anyone else doing Persona? Would you be interested in perhaps a "midnight hour" gathering? (Some other time could also be reasonable, because I don't remember what time the convention closes.)
--------------------------------------------------------
Anime Boston 2022 Tentative Lineup
Fem!Joe (sk8 the infinity) - Friday
Lady Love Dies (Paradise Killer) - Saturday
Sango (InuYasha) - Sunday
Backups:
Sonia (Pokémon)
Nobara Kugisaki (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Bakubabe (My Hero Academia Original Costume)
ArianaXaia
Expert Poster

Re: Persona 2018

Post by ArianaXaia »

Hello! I'm gonna be cosplaying Joker/Ren/Akira as a Magical Girl one day during the con, so we if we do any meetups I'll be showing up as that! I might also be cosplaying casual or swimsuit Yusuke and Thief Joker at some point too.
AB 2022 Potential Plans:
Childe (Genshin Impact)
Lumine (Genshin Impact)
Mami Tomoe (Madoka)
Maya (Revue Starlight)
emperorsfortune
Getting the hang of this...

Post by emperorsfortune »

There's actually already a Facebook event page for the Persona meetups for anyone who's interested!

https://m.facebook.com/events/1920532954866741?
(Tentative) AB 2019 Cosplays:
  • Sayo Hikawa (Black Shout ver.)
  • Elizabeth (Persona 3)
  • Makoto Niijima (P5D Yakuza DLC Outfit)
witchboyofboston
Experienced Poster

Post by witchboyofboston »

I will be Dancing Star Night Yusuke and Beach Yusuke. I haven't totally decided when I'll do each but I'll definitely be at the photo shoots!
Daggerhime
Veteran Poster

Post by Daggerhime »

Hello! I am one of those who usually runs the midnight Persona photoshoots, in the event page that emperorsfortune mentioned! Please feel free to join and post in there as well!
There is a possibility the shoot may be bumped up to 11 or 11:30pm instead of midnight like last year. The shoots can no longer be held in the Prudential center like before. It will be posted on the facebook event page if this is the case. Thank you!

Cosplay Lineup:
Idia Shroud - Twisted Wonderland
my Warrior of Light in Casual wear gearset - Final Fantasy XIV
Starrykosmik

Post by Starrykosmik »

I will be at Ab as Fox/Inari, (most likley on saturday or friday have not decided which yet!) hopefully I'll be able to make it to one of the meet ups!
abicky
Experienced Poster

Post by abicky »

I'm part of a Sunday group that is doing casual cosplay for Persona 5! We'll have fem!Joker, Ryuji, Haru, and Makoto. What better way to veg out in the AMV Overflow room than dressed as Phantom Thieves? :lol:
Anime Boston 2019
Undecided, but possibly Voltron or Ace Attorney

Previous Cosplay Favorites
Akiho Senomiya (Robotics;Notes), Eve (No.6), Chie Satonaka (Persona 4), Crona (Soul Eater), Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney)
ffboy2378

Post by ffboy2378 »

In case you weren't aware, the Shin Megami Tensei / Persona / Catherine group will have three photoshoots this year:

All three will take place in the Hynes Convention Center, in location "Venus": The first floor West Side under the second set of escalators. As a reference point, this is down the hall from the Dealer's Room Hall B entrance/exit.

Friday 3/30 from 11:00 PM to 12:00 AM.

Saturday 3/31 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM.

Saturday 3/31 from 11:00 PM to 12:00 AM.

Please note that the 'midnight' photoshoots our fandom use to run inside the Prudential Center for the past several years (the hallway/food court area by Crazy Dough's Pizza/the former P.F. Chang's) have been 'permanently' relocated inside the Hynes. (For those that attended the shoots in 2017, we initially planned for the Prudential, but was forced to retreat/relocate to the Hynes 'last minute'). The midnight time change is to allow for cosplayers/attendees that depend on the T for travel at night a chance to be able to attend. Also the indoors location will allow us to run an afternoon shoot for the first time in years-in a stable/fixed location not affected by the weather/that is not outdoors.
Attended Anime Boston in: 2005-06 & since 2011.
Other cons I attended in the past include: AnimeNEXT, Otakon, Colossalcon East, Katsucon, MAGFest, Animazement, & Anime NYC.
Proud Persona 4 fan since '09.
Cosplayer since '09, proudly~as the Persona 4 Protagonist.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

...No Sunday Gathering? And no afternoon gatherings?

See, this is why I had to incorporate photoshoots into my panels in the past. What about folks who might want to have their pictures taken with cosplayers but can't be there at those times?
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

...I live in Boston and ran Panels for Anime Boston for 5 straight years. Planning gatherings will not be a problem for me at all.

I will attempt to organize meetups for the following times and locations so there isn't overlap:

Thursday - 6:00PM to 7:00PM: Sheraton Hotel near 2nd Floor Restrooms (same floor as Pre-Registration)

Friday - 11:00AM to 12:00PM: Boylston St. Atrium (the space under the Escalators past security)

Friday - 5:00PM to 6:00PM: 3rd Floor Hallway just past Food Stand (outside the video game room)

Sunday - 5:00PM to 6:30PM: Prudential Center outside the former P.F. Chang's

I will have Persona music playing in all but the mall locations to make finding me very easy. I'm not a Cosplayer but I will have my digital camera with me. You will have a VERY easy time finding me. I will be at these locations at these times.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
p-chan
Expert Poster

Post by p-chan »

Not cosplaying this year, but I'll still try to attend the Saturday afternoon shoot if I can!
・∀・ ~ ・∀・ ~ ・∀・
kinata94
Experienced Poster

Post by kinata94 »

I'll be retiring Yukiko for this year and going as Futaba! (Though it's another closet cosplay and I'm in black jeans instead.) I'd love to hang out with more people even outside of the meetup
Already changed my status on the event Facebook.
Cosplays done:
Daqiao (dw7), Futaba Sakura (persona 5) 2018
Daqiao from DW7 (with little sister as Xiaoqiao)/ Yukiko Amagi- 2015-2016
Improvised Yukiko Amagi-2012-2016
Hetalia Vietnam-2011
A really bad Momo Hinamori that I technically didn't know enough to display without being guilty-2010
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2018 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.