Looking for Cosplayer(s) to model

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2018.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Dope
I'm new!

Looking for Cosplayer(s) to model

Post by Dope »

Hello folks,

Not sure if this is the right place to post, especially given that this is my very first post. Please feel free to move this or direct me elsewhere if needed.

I am a metal artist/weaponsmith as a side hobby. I generally make real-life interpretations of various anime/video game/movie/etc weapons. These are real steel weapons, often with hardened and sharpened blades. And often huge and heavy to boot. Like so:

Image Image

What I am looking for is a cosplayer(s) to model my weapons as I make them. Preferably with the appropriate costume (provided or made by you). I'm not particularly good looking and I'm not much for costumes, which is why I don't do it myself. I've never done something like this before but I anticipate that I'd make a weapon, then have some sort of collaboration where I provide the weapon to the cosplayer and he/she has pictures taken (I'm not a photographer so I assume a third party would do the actual pictures) and we can both benefit from the transaction. These are generally the sort of weapons that you can't buy anywhere (too large usually) so I might be a good resource to you, while you can help me with my marketing/promotional photos. And you can use the photos on your own IG/FB/whatever accounts as well. I'm flexible and open to ideas but you get the gist of what I'm trying to do. Most likely I'd prefer female models as 96-97% of my audience is male but again, I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Only real restrictions is that I'd like the model to be somewhere in the new england area if possible. I live on the north shore of Boston. Shipping these weapons is very expensive and time-consuming which is why I don't want to go outside of NE if I can avoid it. The other restriction is scheduling and weapon availability. I've become fairly popular which means all of my works are commissions at this point. This does mean I can predict what weapons will be available and when, there just won't be a lot of selection regarding WHICH weapon it is.

Having said that, my next two swords are both from Berserk. Guts' Dragonslayer and then his older Raider/Golden Age sword after that. These take a lot of hours to build so we're talking ~3-6 months from now timeframe.

Any interest from anyone here? Or suggestions on other places to crosspost this? Feel free to spread this around if you know anyone interested.

thanks,
Adam from PHM

PS: Here's an imgur account of all recent creations to get a feel for the stuff I make: https://prettyhatemachining.imgur.com/ I am also on IG/FB/YT if you want to check them out (all under the same name).
aevvie
AB Alumni

Re: Looking for Cosplayer(s) to model

Post by aevvie »

You are super talented!!! Wow!! I'm no help in the modeling aspect but I'm a professional photographer so I'd be willing to help out in that respect when/if the time comes!
Eliza Jenkins
Security Staff 2018
Cielphantomhive
I'm new!

Post by Cielphantomhive »

I am interested
Dope
I'm new!

Post by Dope »

aevvie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:38 pm You are super talented!!! Wow!! I'm no help in the modeling aspect but I'm a professional photographer so I'd be willing to help out in that respect when/if the time comes!
Thank you! Do you mind PM'ing me your contact info (social media/email/whatever you want) so I can store you away for future use? :D
TheMoxieMegan
I'm new!

Post by TheMoxieMegan »

Hi I am interested 😊 I live in Brookline so I’m not super far from you. I saw you actually made a mjolnir and I’ve done the Jane Foster Thor. My instagram is TheMoxieMegan and my email isthemoxiemegan@gmail.com. I am also on Facebook as MoxieMegan Cosplay.

We could meet up at AB and chat if you would like.

Best,
Megan
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2018 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.