Nasuverse 2018

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2018.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Nasuverse 2018

Post by Runeofages »

So I'm doing Gudako in the Mage Association Mystic Code this year on Saturday and I was wondering if anyone else would be cosplaying from the series (cause let's face it, the entire franchise is pretty big). I have a Saint Quartz and some experience cards ready so I will be hunting Servants for the singularity in AB. I might end up making a couple more Quartz and shove them in my bag for a proper summons.

Maybe if I have time I'll throw together some Black Keys or I'll cart around some salt too. Gatcha hell is a thing after all :D

Anime Boston 2018: Wind Waker Link, Mage Association Gudako, Emil Castagnier
Anime Boston 2017: Ichigo Kurosaki, Emil Castagnier, Aqua
tnelson027
I'm new!

Re: Nasuverse 2018

Post by tnelson027 »

I'll be cosplaying Chevalier d'Eon on Saturday if you want to meet up somewhere.
Anime Boston Cosplay History:
2012: Emi Ibarazaki (Katawa Shoujo)
2013: Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate)
2014: Misaka 10032 (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
2015: Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
2016: Shadow Naoto (Persona 4)
2017: Chiaki Nanami (Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy -Side: Despair-)
2018: Chiaki Nanami (Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy -Side: Despair-), Le Chevalier d'Eon (Fate/Grand Order)
serenity1035
Getting the hang of this...

Post by serenity1035 »

i'll be cosplaying a few from fgo laughs, atm my lineup for fgo is: Illya (caster/prisma ver) saturday morning/noon, Queen Medb (rider class) saturday after 4pm/evening, & Irisviel (caster) on sunday
Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

Nice. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for both you then.
I don't remember where are good places to meet at AB though knowing me I'll be lurking at the third floor and the venders again.

moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

I'll be Merlin! With so much Fate stuff that's been coming out the past year, hopefully we can have a big enough crowd for a meetup/photoshoot or two!
RaginRaven

Post by RaginRaven »

Iโ€™m gonna be Lancer Karna and my wife is gonna be Scahatch. We planned them for Friday since last yearโ€™s meetup was Friday but we could bring them both day or just Saturday. I was thinking on being Emiya Archer as well but maybe Iโ€™ll just bring Karna for the Meetup if we get something going on. I also expect a big crowd with how famous grand orderโ€™s been lately. So let me know!
jyeh0429

Post by jyeh0429 »

I will bring Romani for maybe Saturday~
Also just curious, is there currently anyone organizing the shoot (if there is one)?
Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

To answer your question, I'm not organizing anything since I'm busy enough irl this year that I won't be able to devote time to doing a good job. Heck the only reason I have cosplay ready is cause I started immediately after last year.

If anyone wants to take the reins feel free to do so.

jyeh0429

Post by jyeh0429 »

I don't mind taking the lead with logistics to organize the gathering, assuming there are enough participants to start one of course.

Since the sign-up sheet is currently available in the masterthread, I want to ask if there is any preference of time and location before I sign up for one. I most likely will go with Saturday afternoon unless there is clear objection to that. (I am aiming to sign up by the end of this week the latest)

Also just to capture more attention, I will start a separate forum thread since Nasuverse might not be a recognizable term for those not that familiar with the franchise comparing to say Fate or Type Moon. I will also start a FB group/Discord server just so it would be easier for discussion. If there is any other FB group or other social media spot that you think might be helpful to promote the gathering, please let me know as well. (I have posted in Anime Boston Social FB group a little while ago)

Of course, any help (or anyone wanting to take the lead) would be appreciated!
Rosedust

Post by Rosedust »

My only request is it not be Saturday morning /early afternoon but any other time during the weekend should be ok!
2019:
๐‘…๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ (๐‘…๐’ฒ๐ต๐’ด), ๐’ช๐’น๐’ถ ๐’ฉ๐‘œ๐’ท๐“Š๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐‘”๐’ถ (๐น๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’/๐’ข๐’ช)

๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ ๐“จ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ผ:
'06, '07, '09, '10, '13, '17, '18
jyeh0429

Post by jyeh0429 »

So as of right now, these time slot is still available for Saturday afternoon, evening:
Mercury: 12-3pm, 5pm~
Venus: 12-2pm, 3:30pm~
Mars: 12-4pm, 6pm~
Jupiter: 3-4pm, 5pm~
Saturn: 3-4:30pm, 5:30pm~
Uranus: 3:30pm~
Neptune: 5:00pm~
There are still some openings but it is probably safe to assume it might get filled up soon. I might aim for 3~5pm in any room available if there is no objection.

Feel free to join the discord server I just set up for this gathering!
https://discord.gg/kUc8hpZ
Last edited by jyeh0429 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tnelson027
I'm new!

Post by tnelson027 »

I'm fine with whatever you all feel is best, but I too would prefer early or mid-afternoon.
Anime Boston Cosplay History:
2012: Emi Ibarazaki (Katawa Shoujo)
2013: Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate)
2014: Misaka 10032 (A Certain Scientific Railgun)
2015: Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
2016: Shadow Naoto (Persona 4)
2017: Chiaki Nanami (Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy -Side: Despair-)
2018: Chiaki Nanami (Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy -Side: Despair-), Le Chevalier d'Eon (Fate/Grand Order)
jyeh0429

Post by jyeh0429 »

To help finalizing the schedule and location of the shoot, I would like to ask for any final feedback or thoughts regarding the following list of time/location:

Venus: Sat 4:30~5:30
Mars: Sat 4:30-5:30
Saturn: 3:30~4:30
Uranus: 3:30~4:30
Neptune: 3:30~4:30

My plan is to officially sign up this photoshoot tonight before these spots run out.

I currently rank the preference (based primarily on time since I think size is not that big an issue for us):

Neptune>Saturn>Uranus>Venus>Mars

Let me know if you have concern or thoughts about this ranking. Once all the feedbacks are considered with the ranking altered accordingly, I will go with the highest ranking option that is still available at the time.
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2018 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.