K-Pop Fan Meetup

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2018.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

K-Pop Fan Meetup

Post by kimnamjoon »

So I wasn't quite sure where to post this, since AB doesn't have any kind of "fan meetup" arrangement/policy beyond cosplay meet ups that I could find. But this kind of falls under a "cosplay group and gathering" so I'm hoping this is okay.

Any other k-pop fans out there that want to get together? My particular favs are BTS and Monsta X currently, but all k-pop fans are welcome! We can chat about our biases, swap stories, share photos and videos, show off our swag, etc. Honestly I just want to meet more local k-pop fans and make some new friends, none of my friends care about kpop hahaha

If there's actually some interest then we can go about figuring out a time and place for a meetup. :)
sintaehyungx
I'm new!

Re: K-Pop Fan Meetup

Post by sintaehyungx »

Hello! I didn't there would be any interest in kpop here! i was actually planning on cosplaying spring day jimin (even tho i'm V biased) that could change but I would be interested in attending if this does happen! Me and my best friend love kpop and especially BTS! We would love to make new kpop friends also ^^
MandaTifa
AB Staff

Post by MandaTifa »

Hi there! Another place you could post a meet-up-but-not-necessarily-cosplay post of this nature would be in the Find a Friend part of the Forums. Still, someone has mentioned cosplaying from a K-Pop group, so this post still definitely fits here! As we get closer to the Con, though, it's worth checking in the Find A Friend forums every so often to see if anyone else is looking for people with similar interests. :)
Amanda Graves
Cosplay Guest Coordinator 2024
Masquerade Assistant Coordinator 2023
Masquerade Staff 2012 - 2022
Attendee 2010-2011
Bakuretsu Con Staff 2009-2016, 2018 - 2019

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

"Be strong, Red XIII."
VanillaBunny
Veteran Poster

Post by VanillaBunny »

I would ADORE a Kpop meet, espesually if it ment meeting other BTS fans!! My bias is J-hope. <3 <3 <3

I don't have a lot of friends that I can talk Kpop too, so I'll definitely be following this thread!
|~~Cosplays for 2018~~|

Note: Days may change as we get closer to the con!

Friday:
Genderbend Todoroki Shoto; MHA/BNHA; All day
Death the Kidd; Soul eater; Formal

Saturday:
Harley Quinn; Animated Series ver.; half day /Todoroki Shoto; half day

Sunday:
Tsuyu Asui; cheer uniform; All day
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

Ahh I’m so excited to see other people interested in this!!! And a Spring Day Jimin cosplay sounds so cool oh man, this is so cool?

I was worried no one would have any interest so I’m happy to see people responding!! I’ll set up a Facebook event page when I get home from work tomorrow so it’ll be easier to keep track of times and places and such, and easier to find people who aren’t on the AB forums. 💖
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

So hopefully this link works, but I set up a facebook event page for this so it'll be easier to keep all the information in one place, especially for people who don't use/aren't on the AB forums!: https://www.facebook.com/events/154635108494400/?ti=icl

Once we get closer and we have people RSVP'd to the event then I'll set up a poll on the event page to figure out a time, day, and place that works for everyone!
foreverfinn
Veteran Poster

Post by foreverfinn »

I don't have FB so I hope yall keep this updated? But I love BTS (haven't gotten into other groups yet) and would love to meet yall.
AB 2018 Cosplay Lineup

Thursday: ???
Friday: ??? / ???
Saturday: Wonderful Rush Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!) performing with Shining Sky Idol Project / ???
Sunday: Cheer Nozomi Tojo (Love Live!)

Next Con

???

Instagram

@forever.withyoursoul
Animelover995
Veteran Poster

Post by Animelover995 »

Though I'm not going to AB this year, I'd still love to meet and chill with people who love K-Pop! The link happened to have expired so I am unable to join the FB group(sadly). (Low key, my hope is to one day cosplay the entire group of BTS with friends!) Hope to keep in contact! :P
Anime Boston 2020(pending)- Xayah, Crowley(ONS), Kakashi(Gaiden), Maka, Natsu
Anime Boston 2017- Guren, Lavi, Yuri Katsuki, Kakashi(Gaiden), Shizuo
Anime Boston 2016- Lavi, Izaya, Kakashi(Gaiden), Allen Walker
Anime Boston 2015- Allen Walker, Kirito, Asuna
Anime Boston 2013- Tenten
kimnamjoon
Determined Poster

Post by kimnamjoon »

Hey all!! The weekend is here practically. Did anyone have a particular time that would work best? I’m thinking sometime on Saturday would be ideal!
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2018 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.