Yuri!!! On Ice 2018

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2018.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

DreiVallen
Getting the hang of this...

Yuri!!! On Ice 2018

Post by DreiVallen »

Hey, party people!
So I know for a fact that I will be cosplaying as Yuri Plisetsky from Yuri!!! On Ice for AB 2018.
I'm super excited, and I know it's still early, but was wondering if anyone else was going to be in a YOI group?
I'll be cosplaying by myself (actually, this will be my first ever AB *cheers*) so I'd really like to meet up with a Victor and/or Katsudon and take pictures. All the pictures.
Beka's welcome to come too <3
Especially if anyone's doing their "Stay Close to Me" outfits because I'm actually going to be doing a rendition for Yurio!
So yeah, just putting out feelers, as it'd be really cool to meet up with some of you! :D
AB 2018
[Definitive] Yuri Plisetsky "Stay Close to Me" - Yuri!!! On Ice
[Definitive] Nico di Angelo - Percy Jackson series because I can
[Possible] Ren Kouha - Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
[Possible] Lovino Vargas / South Italy - Hetalia
ApocalypseUnicorn

Re: Yuri!!! On Ice 2018

Post by ApocalypseUnicorn »

I've been waiting for this thread to go up, lol. I'm planning on cosplaying Makkachin and applying to some cosplay games with him! I'm not doing a fur suit or anything, but I think people will still get a kick out of my take on it (I know I will at least). If there's a "Yuri!!! On Ice" meet up on the day that I end up cosplaying him, I'll totally be there! I need photos with all the Viktors!!!
Anime Boston 2019 Cosplays: Squidward (Spongebob the Musical), Drunk!Yuri Katsuki (Yuri!! On Ice), Light Yagami (Death Note), Connor (Detroit: Become Human), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Anime Boston 2022 Cosplans: Takumi Aldini (Food Wars), Ling Yao (Fullmetal Alchemist), Louis (Beastars), Tatsu (The Way of the Househusband), Momoko (Ghost Stories)
DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen »

ApocalypseUnicorn wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:57 am I've been waiting for this thread to go up, lol. I'm planning on cosplaying Makkachin and applying to some cosplay games with him! I'm not doing a fur suit or anything, but I think people will still get a kick out of my take on it (I know I will at least). If there's a "Yuri!!! On Ice" meet up on the day that I end up cosplaying him, I'll totally be there! I need photos with all the Viktors!!!
LOL! I was waiting too, but decided why not make it myself? ;)
And that sounds awesome! I'm excited to see your take on him (I bet it's super adorable, whatever it is!)
I would LOVE a meetup, but since it's my first time to Anime Boston, I'm not at all confident to set up one up (Honestly, I think I'll spend more time getting lost than actually going to panels my first time around ahaha!) We'll have to keep an eye out.
But you can bet that if there is one, I'll definitely be there!
AB 2018
LayukiKronos
Experienced Poster

Post by LayukiKronos »

Hey!!! I'll be going to Anime Boston by myself too! I will be cosplaying Viktor Nikiforov in his grand pre final outfit (the blue one from when he was younger). I would love to hang out and definitely organize a photoshoot!!!!
Cosplay 2018 Anime Boston

Chat Noir: Miraculous Ladybug
Shinya Hiragi: Bloody Blades
Viktor Nikiforov: Yuri On Ice
Alice: Pandora Hearts
Iwaizumi Hajime: Haikyuu
Izuku Midoriya: boku no Hero Academia
DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen »

LayukiKronos wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:46 pm Hey!!! I'll be going to Anime Boston by myself too! I will be cosplaying Viktor Nikiforov in his grand pre final outfit (the blue one from when he was younger). I would love to hang out and definitely organize a photoshoot!!!!
Haha, so I won't be the only! >;)
Ohmygosh! I definitely want to see your outfit/take pics with you! And yeah we should all hang out for a shoot. That'd be awesome!
AB 2018
LayukiKronos
Experienced Poster

Post by LayukiKronos »

DreiVallen wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:43 pm
LayukiKronos wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:46 pm Hey!!! I'll be going to Anime Boston by myself too! I will be cosplaying Viktor Nikiforov in his grand pre final outfit (the blue one from when he was younger). I would love to hang out and definitely organize a photoshoot!!!!
Ohmygosh! I definitely want to see your outfit/take pics with you! And yeah we should all hang out for a shoot. That'd be awesome!
Yes please!!! My instagram is @smul_shinya ! PLEASE MESSAGE ME!!! :)

DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen »

LayukiKronos wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 pm
I actually don't have an instagram :roll: I do have discord, though!
Otherwise, we can always PM here. <3
AB 2018
LayukiKronos
Experienced Poster

Post by LayukiKronos »

Oh no!! Alright! I'll PM you (I dont have a discord XD)
DreiVallen wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:51 am
LayukiKronos wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 pm
I actually don't have an instagram :roll: I do have discord, though!
Otherwise, we can always PM here. <3

Gabbalot

Post by Gabbalot »

I'm so excited that there's a thread for this already omg!!! This will be my first con experience too, I can't wait to meet up with other folks in the YOI fandom :). Idk if anyone here is already a part of the other YOI meetup group, but we should all plan to hang out during the con! (or even before then - I think there's a meet up event on FB where ppl will be cosplaying and skating at a rink in Boston).
AB 2018 Cosplay: Princess Allura (combat suit), Phichit Chulanont (casual)

AB 2019 Cosplay:
Goth!Princess Allura, Bunny Hero Miruko (BNHA), Widowmaker (possibly), Mina (BNHA) (possibly)
DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen »

Gabbalot wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm I'm so excited that there's a thread for this already omg!!! This will be my first con experience too, I can't wait to meet up with other folks in the YOI fandom :). Idk if anyone here is already a part of the other YOI meetup group, but we should all plan to hang out during the con! (or even before then - I think there's a meet up event on FB where ppl will be cosplaying and skating at a rink in Boston).
We should definitely plan to meet up! Like I said previously, I'm just not sure I'm the best person to orchestrate such a thing as this will be my first time in Boston LOL I'll wind up getting us all lost! But totally! If we discuss a time and place I'll be there! So excited that other people are chiming in :D Also, do you have a link to this FB event you mentioned? I'm just curious lol But if worse comes to worse, we could always meet up for photos at the con or even go eat together someplace. I'm open to anything!
AB 2018
Gabbalot

Post by Gabbalot »

DreiVallen wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:31 pm
Gabbalot wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm I'm so excited that there's a thread for this already omg!!! This will be my first con experience too, I can't wait to meet up with other folks in the YOI fandom :). Idk if anyone here is already a part of the other YOI meetup group, but we should all plan to hang out during the con! (or even before then - I think there's a meet up event on FB where ppl will be cosplaying and skating at a rink in Boston).
We should definitely plan to meet up! Like I said previously, I'm just not sure I'm the best person to orchestrate such a thing as this will be my first time in Boston LOL I'll wind up getting us all lost! But totally! If we discuss a time and place I'll be there! So excited that other people are chiming in :D Also, do you have a link to this FB event you mentioned? I'm just curious lol But if worse comes to worse, we could always meet up for photos at the con or even go eat together someplace. I'm open to anything!
I definitely agree - meetups are kinda daunting to organize lol. But its still early, so hopefully within the next month or two we'll have more people joining in and it'll be easier to get something together. And here's the link to the YOI skate FB event! :https://www.facebook.com/events/204866086721502/

I won't be able to go since I'll be overseas from the 14th to the 29th of Dec., but I imagine that would be a great place to start meeting more ppl in the YOI fandom and get a meetup group going :).

AB 2019 Cosplay:
Goth!Princess Allura, Bunny Hero Miruko (BNHA), Widowmaker (possibly), Mina (BNHA) (possibly)
ArianaXaia
Expert Poster

Post by ArianaXaia »

My friend and I will actually be cosplaying the pair skate one of the days, so I can't wait to see you all there!
AB 2022 Potential Plans:
Childe (Genshin Impact)
Lumine (Genshin Impact)
Mami Tomoe (Madoka)
Maya (Revue Starlight)
DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen »

Gabbalot wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 pm
DreiVallen wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:31 pm
I definitely agree - meetups are kinda daunting to organize lol. But its still early, so hopefully within the next month or two we'll have more people joining in and it'll be easier to get something together. And here's the link to the YOI skate FB event! :https://www.facebook.com/events/204866086721502/

I won't be able to go since I'll be overseas from the 14th to the 29th of Dec., but I imagine that would be a great place to start meeting more ppl in the YOI fandom and get a meetup group going :).
Thank you for the link! I'll definitely check it out, though I think my family is going away on vacation during then #fml. Still, hope to meet up with you at the con!
AB 2018
DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen »

ArianaXaia wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:29 pm My friend and I will actually be cosplaying the pair skate one of the days, so I can't wait to see you all there!
OMG PLEASE LET ME TAKE A PICTURE WITH YOU *ahem* I mean, it would be really cool to meet up? :roll: So excited to have a pair skate Victor/Yuuri to meet! I'll be cosplaying Yurio's "Pair Skate" outfit for most of Friday and Saturday, so we're bound to run into each other! Or if a meetup gets going =D
AB 2018
getup.cosplay.sleep

Post by getup.cosplay.sleep »

DreiVallen wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:36 pm Hey, party people!
So I know for a fact that I will be cosplaying as Yuri Plisetsky from Yuri!!! On Ice for AB 2018.
I'm super excited, and I know it's still early, but was wondering if anyone else was going to be in a YOI group?
I'll be cosplaying by myself (actually, this will be my first ever AB *cheers*) so I'd really like to meet up with a Victor and/or Katsudon and take pictures. All the pictures.
Beka's welcome to come too <3
Especially if anyone's doing their "Stay Close to Me" outfits because I'm actually going to be doing a rendition for Yurio!
So yeah, just putting out feelers, as it'd be really cool to meet up with some of you! :D
I'm planning on doing Christophe😍😍
AliciaMA
I'm new!

Post by AliciaMA »

I know 2 months late to the posting of this, But I will be going as Yuri's Stay close to me outfit! (And Alexander Hamilton from the musical hamilton one of the days) I love to meet all of you at AB to see all of your great costumes! :D Does anyone know when and where in the building the Yuri on Ice meetup/photoshoot at Anime Boston?
NaraHale
Experienced Poster

Post by NaraHale »

I will ALSO be Yuri Plisetsky to ANime Boston this year in his hoodie outfit with the terrible Tiger T-Shirt.

I'm hyped.
--------------------------------------------------------
Anime Boston 2022 Tentative Lineup
Fem!Joe (sk8 the infinity) - Friday
Lady Love Dies (Paradise Killer) - Saturday
Sango (InuYasha) - Sunday
Backups:
Sonia (Pokémon)
Nobara Kugisaki (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Bakubabe (My Hero Academia Original Costume)
Thereallanceshady
I'm new!

Post by Thereallanceshady »

Hey I'm several months late to the party, but I'm cosplaying Beka in his biker jacket! Also a possible Guang Hong!

I have a Yurio too and we can do them whenever the meetup is decided!
C O S P L A N S
》Jude (Hiveswap/Homestuck)
》Nishinoya (Haikyuu!!)
》Otabek (Yuri!!! on Ice)
》Keith in Lance's jacket (Voltron)
》Yoosung (Mystic Messenger)
Ai-chan
I'm new!

Post by Ai-chan »

I'm only just now looking for meetups on here. I will say that I will be Viktor (not sure whether I want Stay with Me or his blue young one) with a small YoI group Saturday morning! So I would love to set this up for Saturday morning so we can all meet up if possible. Our JJ seems to run slow in the morning so about 10 to 11 would be awesome rather than earlier.
Aiko1992
I'm new!

Post by Aiko1992 »

I am planning on going as Couch Viktor for Anime Boston or maybe his outfit from the opening on Friday! I really hope a meet up will happen because I am super excited to be part of this show!!
Kawaiijewls
I'm new!

Post by Kawaiijewls »

Coming to this thread late but I’m doing Yuri plisetky. Do you have a date set up to meet?
Nee_Chan
I'm new!

Post by Nee_Chan »

I'll hopefully be cosplaying as Yurio and definitely want to meet up with everyone!
puppyrock3
Expert Poster

Post by puppyrock3 »

I'll be Viktor at some point during the weekend. We're not decided on days yet.
2024 Cosplans
Mimi, Digimon | Gina, the Great Ace Attorney | Kyoka Izumi, Bungo Stray Dogs | Adam & Oka, Sk8 the Infinity

Daniel Grove

✨️Join the Oops! All Sports meetup - Sun. at 2 p.m.✨️
ANEOPCOSPLAY
I'm new!

Post by ANEOPCOSPLAY »

My friend and I are planning genderbent Victor and Yurio cosplays. On Friday or Sunday (not sure on the dates yet)
puppyrock3
Expert Poster

Post by puppyrock3 »

Do we want to put in a time slot here?: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=22217

My preference would be Sunday, but it's up to everyone else here.
2024 Cosplans
Mimi, Digimon | Gina, the Great Ace Attorney | Kyoka Izumi, Bungo Stray Dogs | Adam & Oka, Sk8 the Infinity

Daniel Grove

Gabbalot

Post by Gabbalot »

Hi Everyone!

I figured one of us should start planning this meetup and schedule an actual time slot. I've created a survey for us to use to choose a date and time for our meetup: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TJD9M29 .

The survey is a ranking system, that way you can choose what your best and worst choices are. I tried to avoid overlapping times with any of the actual AB events or panels (masquerade, etc), and I've taken a look at what times other fandoms/groups are meeting and tried not to overlap with them (Voltron, MHA/BNHA, Haikyuu, etc.). I plan to tally the results by this Sunday, March 11th 2018, 8 pm eastern standard time, but if I don't get a ton of responses then I'll wait till next week.

My best day/times to meet are Friday 10am-12noon (or anytime Friday really), and Saturday 10am - 11am. I'd love to meet you all as early in the con as possible, that way we can meet up and walk around together if we want to :)

Also, we'll most likely be meeting in one of the rooms in the Hynes (Mercury or Venus, but let me know if you have a preference!)

- As a disclaimer - I don't usually plan anything, so I'm not trying to take control of this meetup! I just figured I'd try to get things started before we run out of time.

AB 2019 Cosplay:
raylbh03

Post by raylbh03 »

A group of me and three other friends of mine are cosplaying as Yuuri, Yurio, Phichit, and Chris. I would love to attend this meetup if all possible! I am attending Friday in my Yuuri cosplay.
-
potential 2024 lineup
friday- ?
saturday- You Watanabe
sunday- ?
Gabbalot

Post by Gabbalot »

raylbh03 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:30 am A group of me and three other friends of mine are cosplaying as Yuuri, Yurio, Phichit, and Chris. I would love to attend this meetup if all possible! I am attending Friday in my Yuuri cosplay.
Hi :) You and your friends can definitely attend the meetup! This is going to be so much fun!!

Right now it's looking like we'll most likely meet on each of the days of AB, so you can come to whichever meetup(s) suit you best. I'll make a post at the end of the week with the final times for each of the days, but right now its looking like Friday 10am-11am and Saturday 10am-11am work best for most people, and then there's also an all-sports anime meetup on Sunday already scheduled. So, stay tuned for the final post at the end of the week (Sunday) with the final times. I can't wait to meet you all :)

AB 2019 Cosplay:
jujubee
I'm new!

Post by jujubee »

Super excited to see all the fellow Yuri on Ice cosplayers out there. I am cosplaying Victor in his coach outfit on Saturday, and am participating in this years Cosplay Lip Sync Battle! The event is from 3 - 4:30 pm Saturday, so feel free to come and see everyone participating and cheer for Victor!!!

I also have a Young!Victor Eros costume, but I probably won't bother changing cosplays unless there's some reason to.
puppyrock3
Expert Poster

Post by puppyrock3 »

puppyrock3 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 pm I'll be Viktor at some point during the weekend. We're not decided on days yet.
I'll be Viktor on Sunday with a Yuri and Yurio with me!
Also, I'm hosting the all-sports meetup Sunday! https://www.facebook.com/events/203487377067305/

Even if I catch people on Friday or Saturday when I'm not in YOI - I'd love to get photos of you if you're comfortable with that! :D
2024 Cosplans

Daniel Grove

Gabbalot

Post by Gabbalot »

[RE:YOI meetup - this original post has been edited to update the meetup times. Friday time has been changed from 10-11 to 11:30-12:30, see the reply lower down in the thread for more details].
Last edited by Gabbalot on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

AB 2019 Cosplay:
autumnwolf
Veteran Poster

Post by autumnwolf »

I will be cosplaying Coach Victor on Friday and should be able to make the meetup that day. ^_^
*2018 Cosplays*
Victor Nikiforov, Professor Ozpin, K-San;
Past Cosplays: Erza Scarlet; Motoko Kusanagi;Urd;Rin Okumura;Matatabi;Nina(Chimera!);Olivier Mira Armstrong;Soshi Miketsukami;Toshiro Hitsugaya;Hatsuharu Sohma;Washuu;Balsa;Yugito Nii;Yoruichi Shihouin;Ion Fortuna;Nanao Ise
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

Post by purple_popinjay »

If I finish it in time, I will have a full mascot style suit of Makkachin for Saturday and Sunday. I'll try to make it to the gatherings!
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AB 2024 Tentative Line-Up:
Schedule TBD
Gabbalot

Post by Gabbalot »

Now that the schedule is finally up, I wanted to post this here to see if we need to reschedule the Friday meetup:

Was anyone planning on going to the "LGBTQ in Japan" panel? I wanted to go but I won't be able to if I'm hosting the meetup :(. I could technically reschedule the meetup if anyone else was willing to meet like 30 minutes to an hour later though!

Like 11:30-12:30 or 12-12:30 would be ideal. And this is just for Friday (the Saturday meetup is still scheduled for 10-11 am :)).

AB 2019 Cosplay:
autumnwolf
Veteran Poster

Post by autumnwolf »

I'm fine with a slightly later starting time on Friday. That does sound like an interesting panel.
*2018 Cosplays*
Victor Nikiforov, Professor Ozpin, K-San;
Past Cosplays: Erza Scarlet; Motoko Kusanagi;Urd;Rin Okumura;Matatabi;Nina(Chimera!);Olivier Mira Armstrong;Soshi Miketsukami;Toshiro Hitsugaya;Hatsuharu Sohma;Washuu;Balsa;Yugito Nii;Yoruichi Shihouin;Ion Fortuna;Nanao Ise
Cait
I'm new!

Post by Cait »

I'll be cosplaying going Victor on Saturday so if you figure out a time and place I would love to take some pictures!
Gabbalot

Post by Gabbalot »

:!: Hey everyone!

So, there's been an update to the meetup/photoshoot time for Friday so that whoever wants to go to the "LGBT in Japan" panel can go :)

Here are the finalized meetup times for AB 2018:

Day 1: Friday, March 30th, 11:30am-12:30pm at Mars (outside room 206 in the Hynes)

Day 2: Saturday, March 31st, 10am-11am at Mars (outside room 206 in the Hynes)

And there's an all-sports anime meetup on Sunday from 12:30-1:30 pm (also at Mars).

Only a few more days left!! :)

AB 2019 Cosplay:
Fhsuaksndb

Post by Fhsuaksndb »

I'm gonna be going as Viktor on Friday all day, hope to see you there!!!
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2018 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.