Yuri!!! On Ice 2018

Organize cosplay groups, gatherings, and photoshoots in this forum. Post those "Is anyone going as ___?" and "I'm going as ___." threads in here. Please use descriptive subject lines.
DreiVallen
Getting the hang of this...

Yuri!!! On Ice 2018

Post by DreiVallen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Hey, party people!
So I know for a fact that I will be cosplaying as Yuri Plisetsky from Yuri!!! On Ice for AB 2018.
I'm super excited, and I know it's still early, but was wondering if anyone else was going to be in a YOI group?
I'll be cosplaying by myself (actually, this will be my first ever AB *cheers*) so I'd really like to meet up with a Victor and/or Katsudon and take pictures. All the pictures.
Beka's welcome to come too <3
Especially if anyone's doing their "Stay Close to Me" outfits because I'm actually going to be doing a rendition for Yurio!
So yeah, just putting out feelers, as it'd be really cool to meet up with some of you! :D
AB 2018
[Definitive] Yuri Plisetsky "Stay Close to Me" - Yuri!!! On Ice
[Definitive] Nico di Angelo - Percy Jackson series because I can
[Possible] Ren Kouha - Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
[Possible] Lovino Vargas / South Italy - Hetalia

ApocalypseUnicorn

Re: Yuri!!! On Ice 2018

Post by ApocalypseUnicorn » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:57 am

I've been waiting for this thread to go up, lol. I'm planning on cosplaying Makkachin and applying to some cosplay games with him! I'm not doing a fur suit or anything, but I think people will still get a kick out of my take on it (I know I will at least). If there's a "Yuri!!! On Ice" meet up on the day that I end up cosplaying him, I'll totally be there! I need photos with all the Viktors!!!

DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 pm

ApocalypseUnicorn wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:57 am
I've been waiting for this thread to go up, lol. I'm planning on cosplaying Makkachin and applying to some cosplay games with him! I'm not doing a fur suit or anything, but I think people will still get a kick out of my take on it (I know I will at least). If there's a "Yuri!!! On Ice" meet up on the day that I end up cosplaying him, I'll totally be there! I need photos with all the Viktors!!!
LOL! I was waiting too, but decided why not make it myself? ;)
And that sounds awesome! I'm excited to see your take on him (I bet it's super adorable, whatever it is!)
I would LOVE a meetup, but since it's my first time to Anime Boston, I'm not at all confident to set up one up (Honestly, I think I'll spend more time getting lost than actually going to panels my first time around ahaha!) We'll have to keep an eye out.
But you can bet that if there is one, I'll definitely be there!
AB 2018

LayukiKronos
Experienced Poster

Post by LayukiKronos » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:46 pm

Hey!!! I'll be going to Anime Boston by myself too! I will be cosplaying Viktor Nikiforov in his grand pre final outfit (the blue one from when he was younger). I would love to hang out and definitely organize a photoshoot!!!!
Cosplay 2018 Anime Boston

Chat Noir: Miraculous Ladybug
Shinya Hiragi: Bloody Blades
Viktor Nikiforov: Yuri On Ice
Alice: Pandora Hearts
Iwaizumi Hajime: Haikyuu
Izuku Midoriya: boku no Hero Academia

DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:43 pm

LayukiKronos wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:46 pm
Hey!!! I'll be going to Anime Boston by myself too! I will be cosplaying Viktor Nikiforov in his grand pre final outfit (the blue one from when he was younger). I would love to hang out and definitely organize a photoshoot!!!!
Haha, so I won't be the only! >;)
Ohmygosh! I definitely want to see your outfit/take pics with you! And yeah we should all hang out for a shoot. That'd be awesome!
AB 2018

LayukiKronos
Experienced Poster

Post by LayukiKronos » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 pm

DreiVallen wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:43 pm
LayukiKronos wrote:
Ohmygosh! I definitely want to see your outfit/take pics with you! And yeah we should all hang out for a shoot. That'd be awesome!
Yes please!!! My instagram is @smul_shinya ! PLEASE MESSAGE ME!!! :)

DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:51 am

LayukiKronos wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 pm
DreiVallen wrote:
LayukiKronos wrote:
I actually don't have an instagram :roll: I do have discord, though!
Otherwise, we can always PM here. <3
AB 2018

LayukiKronos
Experienced Poster

Post by LayukiKronos » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:53 am

Oh no!! Alright! I'll PM you (I dont have a discord XD)
DreiVallen wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:51 am
LayukiKronos wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:16 pm
DreiVallen wrote:
LayukiKronos wrote:
I actually don't have an instagram :roll: I do have discord, though!
Otherwise, we can always PM here. <3

Gabbalot

Post by Gabbalot » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

I'm so excited that there's a thread for this already omg!!! This will be my first con experience too, I can't wait to meet up with other folks in the YOI fandom :). Idk if anyone here is already a part of the other YOI meetup group, but we should all plan to hang out during the con! (or even before then - I think there's a meet up event on FB where ppl will be cosplaying and skating at a rink in Boston).
AB 2018 Cosplay: Princess Allura (combat suit), Phichit Chulanont (casual)

DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:31 pm

Gabbalot wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm
I'm so excited that there's a thread for this already omg!!! This will be my first con experience too, I can't wait to meet up with other folks in the YOI fandom :). Idk if anyone here is already a part of the other YOI meetup group, but we should all plan to hang out during the con! (or even before then - I think there's a meet up event on FB where ppl will be cosplaying and skating at a rink in Boston).
We should definitely plan to meet up! Like I said previously, I'm just not sure I'm the best person to orchestrate such a thing as this will be my first time in Boston LOL I'll wind up getting us all lost! But totally! If we discuss a time and place I'll be there! So excited that other people are chiming in :D Also, do you have a link to this FB event you mentioned? I'm just curious lol But if worse comes to worse, we could always meet up for photos at the con or even go eat together someplace. I'm open to anything!
AB 2018

Gabbalot

Post by Gabbalot » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 pm

DreiVallen wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:31 pm
Gabbalot wrote:
We should definitely plan to meet up! Like I said previously, I'm just not sure I'm the best person to orchestrate such a thing as this will be my first time in Boston LOL I'll wind up getting us all lost! But totally! If we discuss a time and place I'll be there! So excited that other people are chiming in :D Also, do you have a link to this FB event you mentioned? I'm just curious lol But if worse comes to worse, we could always meet up for photos at the con or even go eat together someplace. I'm open to anything!
I definitely agree - meetups are kinda daunting to organize lol. But its still early, so hopefully within the next month or two we'll have more people joining in and it'll be easier to get something together. And here's the link to the YOI skate FB event! :https://www.facebook.com/events/204866086721502/

I won't be able to go since I'll be overseas from the 14th to the 29th of Dec., but I imagine that would be a great place to start meeting more ppl in the YOI fandom and get a meetup group going :).
AB 2018 Cosplay: Princess Allura (combat suit), Phichit Chulanont (casual)

ArianaXaia
Expert Poster

Post by ArianaXaia » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:29 pm

My friend and I will actually be cosplaying the pair skate one of the days, so I can't wait to see you all there!
AB 2015: Princess Zelda and Katniss Everdeen
AB 2016: Eli Ayase, Makoto Tachibana, Sam Winchester
AB 2017: Mami Tomoe, Eli Ayase (Fairy Set), Victor Nikiforov (Yuri!!! on Ice)
AB 2018: Victor Nikiforov (Pair Skate), Joker/Akira Kurusu (Persona 5), Yusuke Kitagawa/Fox (Persona 5), Crusch Karsten (Re:ZERO), Lapis Lazuli (Houseki no Kuni) Line-up subject to change

DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:50 am

Gabbalot wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 pm
DreiVallen wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:31 pm
Gabbalot wrote:
I definitely agree - meetups are kinda daunting to organize lol. But its still early, so hopefully within the next month or two we'll have more people joining in and it'll be easier to get something together. And here's the link to the YOI skate FB event! :https://www.facebook.com/events/204866086721502/

I won't be able to go since I'll be overseas from the 14th to the 29th of Dec., but I imagine that would be a great place to start meeting more ppl in the YOI fandom and get a meetup group going :).
Thank you for the link! I'll definitely check it out, though I think my family is going away on vacation during then #fml. Still, hope to meet up with you at the con!
AB 2018

DreiVallen

Post by DreiVallen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:52 am

ArianaXaia wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:29 pm
My friend and I will actually be cosplaying the pair skate one of the days, so I can't wait to see you all there!
OMG PLEASE LET ME TAKE A PICTURE WITH YOU *ahem* I mean, it would be really cool to meet up? :roll: So excited to have a pair skate Victor/Yuuri to meet! I'll be cosplaying Yurio's "Pair Skate" outfit for most of Friday and Saturday, so we're bound to run into each other! Or if a meetup gets going =D
AB 2018

getup.cosplay.sleep

Post by getup.cosplay.sleep » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:46 pm

DreiVallen wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:36 pm
Hey, party people!
So I know for a fact that I will be cosplaying as Yuri Plisetsky from Yuri!!! On Ice for AB 2018.
I'm super excited, and I know it's still early, but was wondering if anyone else was going to be in a YOI group?
I'll be cosplaying by myself (actually, this will be my first ever AB *cheers*) so I'd really like to meet up with a Victor and/or Katsudon and take pictures. All the pictures.
Beka's welcome to come too <3
Especially if anyone's doing their "Stay Close to Me" outfits because I'm actually going to be doing a rendition for Yurio!
So yeah, just putting out feelers, as it'd be really cool to meet up with some of you! :D
I'm planning on doing Christophe😍😍

AliciaMA
I'm new!

Post by AliciaMA » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:45 pm

I know 2 months late to the posting of this, But I will be going as Yuri's Stay close to me outfit! (And Alexander Hamilton from the musical hamilton one of the days) I love to meet all of you at AB to see all of your great costumes! :D Does anyone know when and where in the building the Yuri on Ice meetup/photoshoot at Anime Boston?

NaraHale

Post by NaraHale » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 pm

I will ALSO be Yuri Plisetsky to ANime Boston this year in his hoodie outfit with the terrible Tiger T-Shirt.

I'm hyped.
--------------------------------------------------------
Anime Boston 2018 Lineup:
Yuri Plisetsky - Yuri!!! On Ice. (Definite)
Joker (Theif's Outfit) - Persona 5 (Definite)
Yukiko - Persona 4 (Maybe)
Sango - InuYasha (Maybe)
Weiss Schnee - RWBY (Maybe)

Thereallanceshady
I'm new!

Post by Thereallanceshady » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Hey I'm several months late to the party, but I'm cosplaying Beka in his biker jacket! Also a possible Guang Hong!

I have a Yurio too and we can do them whenever the meetup is decided!
C O S P L A N S
》Jude (Hiveswap/Homestuck)
》Nishinoya (Haikyuu!!)
》Otabek (Yuri!!! on Ice)
》Keith in Lance's jacket (Voltron)
》Yoosung (Mystic Messenger)

Ai-chan
I'm new!

Post by Ai-chan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 pm

I'm only just now looking for meetups on here. I will say that I will be Viktor (not sure whether I want Stay with Me or his blue young one) with a small YoI group Saturday morning! So I would love to set this up for Saturday morning so we can all meet up if possible. Our JJ seems to run slow in the morning so about 10 to 11 would be awesome rather than earlier.

Aiko1992
I'm new!

Post by Aiko1992 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:27 pm

I am planning on going as Couch Viktor for Anime Boston or maybe his outfit from the opening on Friday! I really hope a meet up will happen because I am super excited to be part of this show!!

Kawaiijewls
I'm new!

Post by Kawaiijewls » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:01 am

Coming to this thread late but I’m doing Yuri plisetky. Do you have a date set up to meet?

Nee_Chan
I'm new!

Post by Nee_Chan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:10 pm

I'll hopefully be cosplaying as Yurio and definitely want to meet up with everyone!

puppyrock3

Post by puppyrock3 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 pm

I'll be Viktor at some point during the weekend. We're not decided on days yet.
facebook.com/puppyrock32

AB 2018 (Dates are Approx.)
Fri: Team Galactic Grunt - Pokemon | Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Sat: Dahlia Hawthorne - Ace Attorney | Viktor Nikiforov - YOI
Sun:Kenma Kozume - Haikyuu

AB 2017
Franziska von Karma | Pirate!Prussia | Isaac Dian | Kagura Sohma

Other Cons I Attend / Have Attended
San Japan | Colossalcon | Anime Detour | Animinneapolis