The Legend of Zelda Meetup?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

DestinyRose
Getting the hang of this...

The Legend of Zelda Meetup?

Post by DestinyRose »

Wondering if anyone was hosting a Legend of Zelda Meetup on Friday or Saturday? Me and a friend are going as Zelda and Lana from Hyrule Warriors and would love to meet up and take photos with other Legend of Zelda Cosplayers!
Sivv
I'm new!

Re: The Legend of Zelda Meetup?

Post by Sivv »

I'd love to do a Zelda meetup. I'm trying to decide what days to wear what costume. Saturday or Sunday would be my choice.
SpicyTea

Post by SpicyTea »

Hey :) My bf and I are going as Twilight Princess Ganon and Midna on Saturday if you guys would like to meet
percylove
Experienced Poster

Post by percylove »

husband and I are planning to bring back our HW Link and Zelda (from last year) for Friday.
AB'03-'05, AB'08-'16
Anime Boston '18 : Team Rocket Grunt (with giant Growlithe plushie) also Bartz (Final Fantasy 5/Dissidia)

https://www.facebook.com/percylovecosplay
https://percylovecosplay.tumblr.com
https://www.instagram.com/percylovecosplay/
RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

Id love to go!

Edit! I have 2pm through 7pm availble on Saturday for a shoot!
Friday I have booked up simce i dont know which cosplays ill where at each of my private shoots x.x
Anime Boston '17:
  • Thursday: Pikachu Trainer
  • Friday: School bathing suit Rin Kagemine, Loli Link, Pikachu Trainer
  • Saturday: Pikachu Trainer, summer casual Rin Kagemine, Loli Link
  • Sunday: one of the above
Just turned 21 this year! Let's hang and get drinks!♡
percylove
Experienced Poster

Post by percylove »

has there been any date/time set up for Legend of Zelda yet?
AB'03-'05, AB'08-'16
Anime Boston '18 : Team Rocket Grunt (with giant Growlithe plushie) also Bartz (Final Fantasy 5/Dissidia)

https://www.facebook.com/percylovecosplay
https://percylovecosplay.tumblr.com
https://www.instagram.com/percylovecosplay/
Thrillho
Expert Poster

Post by Thrillho »

It seems like nobody has taken the initiative to organize a photoshoot and secure a photographer for it. As much as I'd love an LoZ photoshoot/meet-up to happen, I have to sell my soul to the gods of employment to make sure I don't go broke going to AB so I can't effectively commit to taking charge myself.

That said, I'm debating bringing Zant to AB specifically for this reason, so if anybody organizes this, I'll be more than happy to take part in it.
Joe aka Gustav
1/4 of Curtain Call Cosplay

AB 2018
Haruko Haruhara (FLCL) / Zant (Legend of Zelda) / Professor Port (RWBY) / Rintarou Okabe (Steins;Gate) / Wario (Mario Franchise) / Over Justice (Space Patrol Luluco)

AB 2017
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) / Haruko Haruhara (FLCL) / Oscar Pine (RWBY) / Zant (Hyrule Warriors)

AB 2016 (First Time!)
Professor Ozpin (RWBY) / Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) / Kouta (Elfen Lied)
SpicyTea

Post by SpicyTea »

I don't have the money to hire a photographer, but maybe we could try pulling aside one of the wandering photographers at AB and tipping them? In terms of when, it seems like most people are leaning towards Saturday. Is that an agreeable day for everyone? Maybe in the afternoon to make sure we net the most people?
shivaslion
I'm new!

Post by shivaslion »

Ravio will be reporting with lots of items for proper heros to use! I'll also be bringing along a Hilda in tow.

In terms of a photoshoot, do we really need to have a professional photographer? Most of the ones we've attended before just included everyone using their own cameras/ phones and having others get pictures for them if they're in the shoot at the moment. There's also the fact that photoshoots draw spectators who always get pictures, so if we have a central place (like a Facebook event page) for everyone to post what they took, we would all have lots of photos in the end. But if no one really wants to run it, we wouldn't mind doing it. We've helped out with other photoshoots before.
AB '17 ~~~ Ravio (LoZ)
AB '16 ~~~ King Bowser (personified)
AB '15 ~~~ Squall Leonhart (FFVIII)

Half of WinterMist Cosplay!
DestinyRose

Post by DestinyRose »

Sorry I've been super busy lately. But I would love to just have a get together! Sometime afternoon on Saturday would be good. It's really up to you guys.
Thrillho
Expert Poster

Post by Thrillho »

I still haven't decided on my final cosplay outfit, but I think it's going to be Zant. Though I don't know if I'll wear it on Saturday; it might be my Friday cosplay.
Joe aka Gustav

AB 2018
Haruko Haruhara (FLCL) / Zant (Legend of Zelda) / Professor Port (RWBY) / Rintarou Okabe (Steins;Gate) / Wario (Mario Franchise) / Over Justice (Space Patrol Luluco)

AB 2017
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) / Haruko Haruhara (FLCL) / Oscar Pine (RWBY) / Zant (Hyrule Warriors)

AB 2016 (First Time!)
Professor Ozpin (RWBY) / Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) / Kouta (Elfen Lied)
tonystarkhasaheart

Post by tonystarkhasaheart »

Hey! So I'm potentially going as the Postman for Saturday (I just found out I can go so I have to see if I can get everything ready in time), if people have time around 4ish on Saturday that would be optimal. There's an Avatar/Korra session from 2-3 PM in the Boylston Hallway near rm 206, so that might be a good location to meet. If no one has started setting official plans I could try and make a Facebook group and spread the word. I've never done a Zelda photoshoot before but I've been to a couple Avatar/Korra ones in years past. If people would be interested let me know!

(I can't secure a photographer but I've found that people just using cell phones and posting everyone online with a specific hashtag/in a Facebook group works well too!)

If someone else would like to run/help run the shoot that would be cool, since I can't guarantee I'll be in Zelda cosplay, but as of right now I could still help organize everything/spread the word even if I'm not in cosplay just because I love Zelda so much.
fallska
I'm new!

Post by fallska »

yo i'd love to go to the meetup! on saturday im just going as good ol normal link and im gonna have my ocarina with me to play some tunes!
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

...Photographer here ^_^

I would be willing to take pictures at a meetup. The catch is it would have to be Thursday, Friday or Sunday since I will be super-busy Saturday until around 7PM.

I'm not a professional but I do have a digital camera. Of course, I will not charge for my services. Tips welcome though.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
DestinyRose

Post by DestinyRose »

4 on Saturday would be okay for me! I am in the masquerade with my cosplay group as Lana and Zelda, so we'd have to get going around 5:15/5:30
tonystarkhasaheart

Okay cool! Yeah it should only be from 4-5 PM I think, so Masquerade people should be good. I know we can't please everyone and I appreciate the photography offer, but it seems like Saturday works best for most, and 7 PM might be too late. I'll wait until this evening to see if anyone else wants to step up or if anyone else has major objections, but if not I can go ahead and create the Facebook event just to get the ball rolling since the con is less than 2 weeks away. Between then, if anyone wants to take over/help with the organizing (if anyone is more experienced haha, I've never done this before exactly but if no one else wants to take charge I can certainly try my best!) or we need to change the time for whatever reason, that's fine too! :lol:
Sylal3us
Experienced Poster

Post by Sylal3us »

Not sure if I'LL be there for the shoot, but I am really considering my Link costume for Saturday. It's more towards Twilight Princess style, buuut.....I may claim "Breath of the Wild" because I'm not sure if I want to bring my Hylian Shield or not. It has a big metal piece on the back for the handle and strap though it is light and made of fiberglass , while my other round shield has a tiny handle and a total of 4 screws but its plywood. *le sigh* Either way, if you see me walking around, say hi!
Just your everyday average part-time cosplayer.
2019 cosplays:
Friday: Jedi Link
Saturday: Pyrrha Nikos
Sunday: kimono/ Link
fallska
I'm new!

Post by fallska »

yeah 4pm on saturday sounds good to me!
Halloween Kitsune
Expert Poster

Post by Halloween Kitsune »

There will be a Ganondorf and a Dark Zelda at the con on Friday and Saturday.
2020: Bowsette/Senko-san
2019: Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
2018: Lady Sephiroth
2017: Smash Brothers Brawl Dark Zelda

Past Cosplays:
2016: LoL Ahri
2015: FF14 Miqo'te Bard
2014: Twilight Princess Link
2013: Chell (Portal 2)/Kat (DMC)
2012: Chell (Portal 2)
2011: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara)/ Black Rock Shooter
2010: Cloud (Advent Children)
2009: KH2 Roxas

Owner and master of Fox and Bear Cosplay:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FoxandBearCosplay
tonystarkhasaheart

Hey guys, so I made an event page for the meetup! Reminder that it's going to be on the second floor of the Hynes in the Boylston Hallway, outside room 206. If you wanna go please RSVP to the event (even if you just say that you're interested!) and help spread the word so we can have an awesome gathering!

During the con I'll be hounding down people in Zelda cosplay and informing them of the event, so if other people wanna do the same that'd be great! I've done it before and people are usually super nice about it even if they can't/don't wanna go, and it's a good way of getting the word out.

Here's the event link! I'll post it in the master list as well.

Hope to see you guys there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1305815089509368
shivaslion
I'm new!

Post by shivaslion »

Awesome! We should be there as Ravio and Hilda! And if you need help with the photoshoot, let us know. We always enjoy coming up with silly photo ops. :D
AB '17 ~~~ Ravio (LoZ)
AB '16 ~~~ King Bowser (personified)
AB '15 ~~~ Squall Leonhart (FFVIII)

Half of WinterMist Cosplay!
tonystarkhasaheart

Awesome, thanks so much! If anyone else would like to help just shoot me a PM!

You can also reach me at my tumblr, here:
http://tony-stark-has-a-heart.tumblr.com/

Or my Twitter, here:
https://twitter.com/mia_1726

My Facebook should also be attached to the Facebook event page. Again, if you're able to feel free to RSVP to the event. Thanks!
DestinyRose

Post by DestinyRose »

Awesome, you'll see us there :)
tonystarkhasaheart

Hey guys, as I previously stated I've never hosted one of these before and I've already made a slight error. There's going to be a Dragon Age shoot at the same location as ours from 3:30 to 4:30 that I missed, so would anyone be violently opposed to starting the shoot around 4:30 and having it go till 5:30?

If not, I don't think it should be a huge issue, that area of the Hynes is fairly large. I understand that the Masquerade would begin around 6, so if people had to head out early that would be totally cool. At this point it would be easier just to change the time then the location, if people are cool with that.
tonystarkhasaheart

*UPDATE*

The photoshoot time has changed and will now be hosted at 4:30 - 5:30. It will still be on Saturday, and will still be located outside room 206 in the Boylston Hallway. Thank you guys for understanding, hope to see you all there!
SpicyTea

Post by SpicyTea »

Shoot I'll have to miss this one, my friends changed which days they're going as what. If anyone is around Sunday, there'll be a Midna and a Ganondorf walking around :)
RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

Okay Ill officially be going as a loli link! Cant wait to see everyone!
Badge name is RainbowSpeedos
Anime Boston '17:
  • Thursday: Pikachu Trainer
  • Friday: School bathing suit Rin Kagemine, Loli Link, Pikachu Trainer
  • Saturday: Pikachu Trainer, summer casual Rin Kagemine, Loli Link
  • Sunday: one of the above
Just turned 21 this year! Let's hang and get drinks!♡
runicmagitek
Experienced Poster

Post by runicmagitek »

I won't be able to make it to the meetup (doing another cosplay for Saturday), but I'll be walking around as Twili Midna with Zant on Friday.

N/A
Twili Midna (Legend of Zelda) | Canti (FLCL) | Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill la Kill) | Neptune Vasilias (RWBY)
Julia (Cowboy Bebop) | Twili Midna (Legend of Zelda) | Canti (FLCL) | Glynda Goodwitch (RWBY)
Julia (Cowboy Bebop) | Squall Leonhart, SeeD ball uniform (Final Fantasy VIII) | Nicolas Brown (Gangsta)
Sylal3us
Experienced Poster

Post by Sylal3us »

Heyo! If anyone who went to the meet up on Saturday wants, I am (very slowly) uploading my photos onto my deviantart page and eventually Facebook. Feel free to comment, tag, or download them!

DA page: sylabus.deviantart.com
Just your everyday average part-time cosplayer.
2019 cosplays:
Friday: Jedi Link
Saturday: Pyrrha Nikos
Sunday: kimono/ Link