Pokemon photoshoot/dinner.... 2017

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Pokemon photoshoot/dinner.... 2017

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

https://www.facebook.com/events/180635122431480/ sorry i keep changing it guys i'm so used to having one dinner that three dinners is kind of a lot to keep track of for me....

so the new and final time will be 7:00pm
Last edited by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
dogethebullets
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Pokemon photoshoot/dinner.... 2017

Post by dogethebullets »

My friends and I with very low self esteem are coming over as Team Skull yo (uber lame but also uber great)
Planned Cosplays for 2017
Yakumo Yukari-Touhou series
Nohrian Azura-Fire Emblem: Fates/If
Blake Belladonna (Seasons 1 and 2)-RWBY
Team Skull Grunt it's ya boy!-Pokemon Sun and Moon
D.Va-Overwatch (this cosplay makes me want to nerf everything)

Cosplays
Kyoko Sakura-Puella Magi Madoka Magica (retired)-Cosplay Couples and Chess 2015
Ib-Ib (RPG Maker Game) (semi-retired)
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

dogethebullets wrote:My friends and I with very low self esteem are coming over as Team Skull yo (uber lame but also uber great)
thats awsome! we could for sure hang out if i don't find a jessie in time! I haven't played pokemon sun and moon but i've seen the first (two?) eps that are out....(hate the new animation) but otherwise it's ok
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
dogethebullets

Post by dogethebullets »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:
dogethebullets wrote:My friends and I with very low self esteem are coming over as Team Skull yo (uber lame but also uber great)
thats awsome! we could for sure hang out if i don't find a jessie in time! I haven't played pokemon sun and moon but i've seen the first (two?) eps that are out....(hate the new animation) but otherwise it's ok
That'll be awesome! Sun and Moon is a lot of fun, but there are some things here and there that get me in terms of actual gameplay.

Yeah I took one look at the animation and thought "why."
Planned Cosplays for 2017
Yakumo Yukari-Touhou series
Nohrian Azura-Fire Emblem: Fates/If
Blake Belladonna (Seasons 1 and 2)-RWBY
Team Skull Grunt it's ya boy!-Pokemon Sun and Moon
D.Va-Overwatch (this cosplay makes me want to nerf everything)

Cosplays
Kyoko Sakura-Puella Magi Madoka Magica (retired)-Cosplay Couples and Chess 2015
Ib-Ib (RPG Maker Game) (semi-retired)
Veejneedsabreak

Post by Veejneedsabreak »

Grunt James sounds amazing.. I'll have to get your pic if my friends and I do pokemon.. we are planning Sir Aaron and gijinka Lucario..... like i justed started Lucario's design so I'm not sure if it'll be finished in time...
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

wah i forgot all about you guys >.>; so much exitment from yuri on ice i completly forgot about pokemon but fear not! our fearless....um....not so fearless...leader shale get right on the costume!

i'm good with the pants and the hat, so all i'll need is the shirt and the wig...i have a question though, is jame's hair blue or purple?
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

vivixchuu

Post by vivixchuu »

I am planning on doing the classic team rocket on Saturday, meetups would be fun :D
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

vivixchuu wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:14 am I am planning on doing the classic team rocket on Saturday, meetups would be fun :D
great do you have a James yet? I plan to do classic (i'm not sure yet what) i suppose it depends on what other people are doing, i suppose i could get wite jeans if i needed to...but the "Classic" grunt is so much easier for me, all i need is a black t-shirt, pm me if you want to meet up at some point and we can do a mini photo shoot if the bigger one doesn't get on the list

or if we don't have a time, i'm all down for kidnapping the lonely james... (me)

what do you guys think if i start a facebook meet up/dinner pokemon event? I think i'll just do it because it's never to soon to try....i think i'm going to say Friday (and if we want to we can change it) does everyone on here have a facebook?
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

icyfox22

Post by icyfox22 »

I'm currently planning a Lusamine cosplay, however I am unsure if I will be doing her on Friday or Saturday. It's pretty dependent on when my friends are able to do the Power Puff Girls with me. I would definitely be interested in a photoshoot if it lines up with my schedule though (and I can finish her in time)!
hanagatai
I'm new!

Post by hanagatai »

I'm going to be Candela from Pokemon GO, possibly with a Pikachu (my little cousin) and shiny Umbreon (my best friend). What day/time/location will the photoshoot be? :)
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

hanagatai wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:24 pm I'm going to be Candela from Pokemon GO, possibly with a Pikachu (my little cousin) and shiny Umbreon (my best friend). What day/time/location will the photoshoot be? :)
do you have facebook? I'd like to talk more over facebook because I've been putting it off for a long time and James has been his primpy little bitchy self,

also if people are interested Friday might not be the best time since i kinda comitted to be the host of a Yuri on ice dinner >.>; so Saturday after 2:00 (cause that'll conflict with the Yu Yu hakusho photo shoot) and i can't miss that (maybe i can) but we'll see which one comes first....

I need a head count of what people prefure, friday during the day or Saturday in the evening.....please pm me or quote me here with you're votes....if we do friday during the day then we can do a pokemon breafkest and go anywhere we want....
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

percylove
Experienced Poster

Post by percylove »

I'll have a group with me doing Team Rocket Grunts with large pokemon plushies! Don't think we'd be doing a dinner, because we usually have our own dinner plans... but a Pokemon photoshoot would be nice! Is there a FB group set up yet?

Possibility for Saturday morning/noon?

We'd be attending/watching the masquerade, so Sat evening is out for us.
AB'03-'05, AB'08-'16
Anime Boston '18 : Team Rocket Grunt (with giant Growlithe plushie) also Bartz (Final Fantasy 5/Dissidia)

https://www.facebook.com/percylovecosplay
https://percylovecosplay.tumblr.com
https://www.instagram.com/percylovecosplay/
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

percylove wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:17 pm I'll have a group with me doing Team Rocket Grunts with large pokemon plushies! Don't think we'd be doing a dinner, because we usually have our own dinner plans... but a Pokemon photoshoot would be nice! Is there a FB group set up yet?

Possibility for Saturday morning/noon?

We'd be attending/watching the masquerade, so Sat evening is out for us.
can't do noon cause i have a 2:00 (or 3 i can't remember yet) what it is, but after 4 i can make it for sure.... also if you all want to meet up with me on Thursday and do a shoot we can do that as well if it doesn't work for Saturday cause in all honesty i kinda forgot about my other group i decided to make up....

i didn't think my groups would be come so popular huh...
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

OtakuJolyn

Post by OtakuJolyn »

I'll be going as gijinka Espeon, and one of my friends will be gijinka Umbreon. (My other two are going as Inuyasha and Inspector Gadget). Can't wait to meet you all! This year I definitely want to make a lot of friends!
2016: Tree Higher, MLP
2017: Espeon, Pokemon
Thisisausername
Expert Poster

Post by Thisisausername »

Might be Giovanni for a day. Sounds like I'll have a lot of Rockets to keep in line.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Thisisausername wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:01 pm Might be Giovanni for a day. Sounds like I'll have a lot of Rockets to keep in line.
for sure i just wish i didn't commit to a yuri on ice dinner at 6 but i could do team rocket on Friday before 6 (erm 5) if it has to be friday if not Saturday can work too, i'm just not to sure what i'm doing yet for Saturdy cause GOD DAMN IT WHY CAN'T AB BE MORE THEN THREE DAYS!

should i make it facebook offical?
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

percylove
Experienced Poster

Post by percylove »

So, @old_school.... your times seems to be all over the place. XP
There were a few mentions of Saturday, and a few people not commenting on which day they were doing Pokemon and waiting to see what time/day the photoshoot would be. Do you just want to do it Saturday? You mentioned you have something at 2 (possibly 3).. so why not plan a shoot/meeting at like 11-12? Doesn't have to be long.. usually shoots run for like a half-hour, hour..depending on size of group.
Would this work out for people? Saturday at 11?
AB'03-'05, AB'08-'16
Anime Boston '18 : Team Rocket Grunt (with giant Growlithe plushie) also Bartz (Final Fantasy 5/Dissidia)

RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

I'll pack my pikachu trainer cosplay!

Im pretty much free right now anytime except for during swap meets!
Anime Boston '17:
  • Thursday: Pikachu Trainer
  • Friday: School bathing suit Rin Kagemine, Loli Link, Pikachu Trainer
  • Saturday: Pikachu Trainer, summer casual Rin Kagemine, Loli Link
  • Sunday: one of the above
Just turned 21 this year! Let's hang and get drinks!♡
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

percylove wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:37 pm So, @old_school.... your times seems to be all over the place. XP
There were a few mentions of Saturday, and a few people not commenting on which day they were doing Pokemon and waiting to see what time/day the photoshoot would be. Do you just want to do it Saturday? You mentioned you have something at 2 (possibly 3).. so why not plan a shoot/meeting at like 11-12? Doesn't have to be long.. usually shoots run for like a half-hour, hour..depending on size of group.
ok so i made a plan! (FINALLY) dinner is facebook offical for 9:00pm (that includes a mini photo shoot on the side if we want one)

i could care less with the sawp meat at this convention the people who go are so rude it's not even funny....i did it two years ago and i'm never doing it again here I maybe had one nice person in the swap meet, and i never got to everyone who wanted stuff. I even got threatened by one of the persons so yea not really into ab swap
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

percylove
Experienced Poster

Post by percylove »

won't be able to make that time unfortunately.
AB'03-'05, AB'08-'16

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

percylove wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:54 pm won't be able to make that time unfortunately.
https://www.facebook.com/events/180635122431480/so unless things come up and i can't make it to my own dinner this will be the final call....

if for some reason i can't make it i'll let people know but for now it's as it stand Saturday at 7;00pm is my final switch......i am still open for a Thursday photo soot/dinner, so we can clear the air with everyone during the convention.... let me know if that will be easier for everyone....if not 7:00pm on Saturday it is.....
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:03 am
percylove wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:37 pm So, @old_school.... your times seems to be all over the place. XP
ok so i made a plan! (FINALLY) dinner is facebook offical for 9:00pm (that includes a mini photo shoot on the side if we want one)

i could care less with the sawp meat at this convention the people who go are so rude it's not even funny....i did it two years ago and i'm never doing it again here I maybe had one nice person in the swap meet, and i never got to everyone who wanted stuff. I even got threatened by one of the persons so yea not really into ab swap

Okay well a lot of people do care about swap meets amd will not be abailable during that time. It's unfortunate that you had issues there. Ive been going for 6 years and the people have always been kind even if they didnt want to swap.

Anyways there are tons of times for a shoot that isnt during that event window on Friday and Saturday and you chose to do it exactly there. Thats pretty lame.

I'll see about setting up a different weekend shoot for everybody that cant make it that late for whatever reason and for better daytime lighting.
Anime Boston '17:
RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

Theres a daytime photoshoot Im heading for 11am to 12:30pm on Saturday.

Here's the event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1146691068810244/?ti=cl

And the forum thread:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21098

Let me know THERE if there are times that work for a second shoot.
Anime Boston '17:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

OK HERE'S THE DEAL AND THE BOTTOM LINE I am not free on Saturday around 11:00am i have a lunch date and will not blow off the people i already made plans with....if you wish to change the date to friday at the exact same time then be my guest but i wish to no longer have this topic of conversation with you...I already messaged the person and asked as kindly as i possibly could to change the date and time to earlier in the afternoon...

i have Friday night dinner plans as well, so 5:00pm on Friday won't work either....if you wish to meet up with me, or take my picture please feel free to do so, I'm doing rocket during the day on Friday and Yuri on ice on Friday evening for the Yuri on ice dinner/pajama party.....

Saturday i have lunch at noon (i think) with a big group of yu yu hakusho people...then we're going to the meet up at 2:00pm.....after that I'm free to do anything after that if anyone wants to find me, i can quickly change after 3:00pm and deal with everyone then....but that is my whole cosplay lineup for the convention....

i'm sorry for being such a bitch but this is getting quite out of hand and i thought i'd let you know why.....that is my schedule if you have any interest in tagging along with me great, if not..... what ever
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Please keep replies civil, everyone. Schedules just don't match up unfortunately and we all do our best with what is available.
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Nyuu wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:06 am Please keep replies civil, everyone. Schedules just don't match up unfortunately and we all do our best with what is available.
not to mention it was my event to begin with that people stole so please close and lock this thread i'm no longer taking part in any of this since they bascly undermined me. just close it, the facebook dinner has been cancelled and everything
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

cancelled

since no one of us can get along, i'm cancling the event and just doing my own thing....i was the real person who started this and last month when i looked for anything pokemon realated there wasn't so much as a mention about it, so i decided to go ahead thinking people were interested guess i was wrong

please lock this thread moderator
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

cancelled

please close and lock this thread i no longer wish to take part in a group where no one can get along
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho