Yuri on Ice, 2017?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Re: Yuri on Ice, 2017?

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

SnowyOwl245 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:36 am So you can't change the privacy settings for an event once it's been created. If you want to make it public, you have to make a new event.
I would love to go to the dinner for the PJ Party, that sounds really fun!
YAY i kinda figured i didn't realize that was the issue, but now that i thought about it hm stupid facebook making things diffacult for me >.>; ok I'll work on that asap! ^_^ we can always change the place of the dinner once we have our peeps

i should give you the new event but it's created! i changed the time to earlier just incase traveling gets in the way

i changed it thank you very much :>
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
Zan_tothegrave
I'm new!

Post by Zan_tothegrave »

Is there room for yet another Victor and Yuuri cosplayer? We will be doing their pair skate outfits from the last episode.
AB 2022:

YunJin (Genshin Impact)
Shiro Yoshiwara (Adekan)

ig https://www.instagram.com/attic_ningyou/
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Zan_tothegrave wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:00 pm Is there room for yet another Victor and Yuuri cosplayer? We will be doing their pair skate outfits from the last episode.
Of course! These gatherings are meant to meet other YOI cosplayers after all. The more the merrier.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Zan_tothegrave wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:00 pm Is there room for yet another Victor and Yuuri cosplayer? We will be doing their pair skate outfits from the last episode.
yep! I always wanted to do yurio's sparkley outfit but damn he's so thin >.>; (Thinner then Aoba) and that's saying something why must i be attracted to skinny ass boys? >.>;
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
fairlyghoulish
Getting the hang of this...

Yuri On Ice Group for Sunday

Post by fairlyghoulish »

Hey guys! So my friend and I were looking to organize a YOI group on Sunday. We're doing Victor and Yurio with a possible friend joining us as Minami. If anyone is interested in joining us as any of the other characters (or even doubles), let me know!
AB2017
Friday: Snow Halation Eli Ayase (AM) Mary Saotome (PM)
Saturday: Kira Kira Sensation Maki Nishikino (AM) DDLC Yuri (PM) TBD (PPM)
Sunday: Momo Yaoyorozu
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Re: Yuri On Ice Group for Sunday

are you only going on sunday as that? there's a facebook get together starting at 8 and a dinner (hosted by me yurio as well) at 6:00 and if you'd like that link let me know if your interested, i'm till un sure of my line up cause ugh to many cosplays not enough time
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

sunflower_king
Expert Poster

Post by sunflower_king »

I dont know if we'll be able to join you in your group but my friend and I will be there Sunday as DJ Otabek and Yurio. So if you see us, please say hi so we could say hello as well! :)
'05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19 '22 and soon '23
My 2023 AB Lineup:
Friday AM: TBD
Friday PM: TBD
Saturday AM:TBD
Saturday PM: TBD
Sunday: TBD
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

waffle_senpai wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:57 am I dont know if we'll be able to join you in your group but my friend and I will be there Sunday as DJ Otabek and Yurio. So if you see us, please say hi so we could say hello as well! :)
i don't know what i'm going to do for sunday and as far as a group, i might just do another cosplay on Friday afternoon and do yurio on friday night since i have a room in the Sharaton....i just need someone to remind me to change into cosplay before i get side tracked >.>;

If i'm comfey enough i'll be yurio after 5:30pm on Friday Saturday (afternoon) is booked as far as i'm aware and i think i'll have to much fun with that cosplay to want to change back to comfey cloths DAMN IT STUPID THREE DAY CON >.>
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

SuperSonic096

Post by SuperSonic096 »

So uh, can anyone be my Victor? ;w; I'm a bit alone...
I'm SuperSonic096, but you can call me Nate. I'm not a very talented cosplayer, but I do have a lot of passion! I hope that you like my cosplays!

DeviantART: http://supersonic096.deviantart.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/SuperSon ... page_panel

Anime Boston 2015 Schedule
Friday: Hiro Hamada (Big Hero 6)
Saturday: Pikachu gijinka (Pokemon)
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

SuperSonic096 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:20 pm So uh, can anyone be my Victor? ;w; I'm a bit alone...
i'll be your yurio ^^
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

ArianaXaia
Expert Poster

Post by ArianaXaia »

SuperSonic096 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:20 pm So uh, can anyone be my Victor? ;w; I'm a bit alone...
If you're going to the PJ Party on Friday, I could possibly be your Victor then. Not sure though.
Last edited by ArianaXaia on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AB 2022 Potential Plans:
Childe (Genshin Impact)
Lumine (Genshin Impact)
Mami Tomoe (Madoka)
Maya (Revue Starlight)
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

So I know now for a fact, I'll be Yuri P on Friday afternoon then changing into Tiger Kigu Yuri for the YOI PJ Squad I have. I have a Viktor and Yuuri for the regular versions and then I have a Pig Kigu Yuuri, Hamster Kigu Phichit and doggie PJs Viktor for the PJ Squad.

I'm hopeful we can meet some of you guys.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
jujubee
I'm new!

Post by jujubee »

I'll try to go to as many meetups as possible. There's always so much to do at AB it makes my head spin. Me and my best friend are going as Yuuri and Victor, but both in Eros costumes, with long haired Victor, for 2X the eros! So glad that there are fb groups so that it's easier to find people. I can't wait to see everyone!
Super Duper Luckester
I'm new!

Post by Super Duper Luckester »

Hi everyone, so what exactly is the plan, I would like to know. Me and my friend are going to be Yuuri (opening version) and adult Victor with long hair respectively on Friday. So if anyone can message me any details, that'd be awesome. I know I started the idea but I've never run a meetup before 😭
PaigeAdams

Post by PaigeAdams »

OMG yes!!! I would totally love to go to this! I will be going as Viktor Nikiforov on Saturday! What would be the times that we do the meetup?
PaigeAdams

Post by PaigeAdams »

Super Duper Luckester wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:57 am Hi everyone, so what exactly is the plan, I would like to know. Me and my friend are going to be Yuuri (opening version) and adult Victor with long hair respectively on Friday. So if anyone can message me any details, that'd be awesome. I know I started the idea but I've never run a meetup before 😭
Yeah same! I am going as viktor on saturday only so i hope we could do a meetup then!!!
PaigeAdams

Post by PaigeAdams »

I am planning my day on Saturday. Is there going to be a meetup on Saturday? And if so, what time? I really need to know! Someone tell me pls! btw imma be viktor
PaigeAdams

Post by PaigeAdams »

Soooo i have an idea that works for me, but idk about everyone else. yuri On Ice meetup on Saturday at 12:00 pm-1 pm. Enough time to get pictures and hang out. Hopefully this works for some people cause this will work for me!
ChibiKittay
Veteran Poster

Post by ChibiKittay »

So...added Yurio to my saturday run. I'll have the cat print coat and tiger shirt. It was my fav outfit of his :3 I'm super excited!
ArianaXaia
Expert Poster

Post by ArianaXaia »

Hey guys, just wanted to remind you that there is a Yuri on Ice meet up at 10 am -12 on Saturday! As well as a PJ Party on Friday night. You can find them on Facebook. The meet up on Saturday doesn't look like many people are going, but there are actually quite a few who will be attending.
AB 2022 Potential Plans:
Childe (Genshin Impact)
Lumine (Genshin Impact)
Mami Tomoe (Madoka)
Maya (Revue Starlight)
Animelover995
Veteran Poster

Post by Animelover995 »

SnowyOwl245 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:46 pm Hey guys, just wanted to remind you that there is a Yuri on Ice meet up at 10 am -12 on Saturday! As well as a PJ Party on Friday night. You can find them on Facebook. The meet up on Saturday doesn't look like many people are going, but there are actually quite a few who will be attending.
Speaking for me and my Victor we're going to be in cosplay from 8-11:30. We both have other meet ups happening on Saturday which we have to switch for and be there in time. So I'm not quite sure how it will work for us.
Anime Boston 2020(pending)- Xayah, Crowley(ONS), Kakashi(Gaiden), Maka, Natsu
Anime Boston 2017- Guren, Lavi, Yuri Katsuki, Kakashi(Gaiden), Shizuo
Anime Boston 2016- Lavi, Izaya, Kakashi(Gaiden), Allen Walker
Anime Boston 2015- Allen Walker, Kirito, Asuna
Anime Boston 2013- Tenten
PaigeAdams

Post by PaigeAdams »

SnowyOwl245 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:46 pm Hey guys, just wanted to remind you that there is a Yuri on Ice meet up at 10 am -12 on Saturday! As well as a PJ Party on Friday night. You can find them on Facebook. The meet up on Saturday doesn't look like many people are going, but there are actually quite a few who will be attending.
works for me! Can't wait to see all of you!
Checkers1827
I'm new!

Post by Checkers1827 »

Hi! Um, Im signing up to do some cosplay events with a friend for the first time and I'm going as Yuuri Katsuki... I'm kinda nervous tho because I've never really done cosplay before and I think I may suck at it DX I'll be going on Saturday ^_^
ArianaXaia
Expert Poster

Post by ArianaXaia »

Checkers1827 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:30 pm Hi! Um, Im signing up to do some cosplay events with a friend for the first time and I'm going as Yuuri Katsuki... I'm kinda nervous tho because I've never really done cosplay before and I think I may suck at it DX I'll be going on Saturday ^_^
Don't be nervous! I'm sure you'll be awesome! I'm so excited to see you there!
AB 2022 Potential Plans:
Childe (Genshin Impact)
Lumine (Genshin Impact)
Mami Tomoe (Madoka)
Maya (Revue Starlight)
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

(Pokes head in)
I don't see any posts from you guys on the main cosplay gatherings thread so we can add you to the official list... ;) (Also hopefully I'll have Yuri's YOI costume done and wearing it on Friday, but I'll be stuck in Masq HQ most of the day. Maybe some of you lovely folks can come visit me so I can take photos of you? *puppy dog eyes*)

Keep on making history. 8-)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Checkers1827
I'm new!

Post by Checkers1827 »

SnowyOwl245 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:12 pm
Checkers1827 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:30 pm Hi! Um, Im signing up to do some cosplay events with a friend for the first time and I'm going as Yuuri Katsuki... I'm kinda nervous tho because I've never really done cosplay before and I think I may suck at it DX I'll be going on Saturday ^_^
Don't be nervous! I'm sure you'll be awesome! I'm so excited to see you there!
Heh. Thanks! ^_^
Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

Post by Fullflame »

Hey, just a quick little addition, I'm running a photoshoot on friday for those not doing YOI on saturday, as well as a PJ party friday night!

Links to the FB event pages are here, hope to see you guys!:

Friday Photoshoot: https://www.facebook.com/events/1715055218786096/

Friday PJ party!: https://www.facebook.com/events/1744684062517253/
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Kiarrens wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:21 am
(Pokes head in)
I don't see any posts from you guys on the main cosplay gatherings thread so we can add you to the official list... ;) (Also hopefully I'll have Yuri's YOI costume done and wearing it on Friday, but I'll be stuck in Masq HQ most of the day. Maybe some of you lovely folks can come visit me so I can take photos of you? *puppy dog eyes*)

Will do. I'll be Yuri P sometime in the afternoon after Death Match.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Fullflame wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:36 am Hey, just a quick little addition, I'm running a photoshoot on friday for those not doing YOI on saturday, as well as a PJ party friday night!

Links to the FB event pages are here, hope to see you guys!:

Friday PJ party!: https://www.facebook.com/events/1744684062517253/
don't forget the dinner! I'll add that to the list as well the dinner will be at 6:00pm for those of you who have transportation issues. it might take a while to get seats if there's a big ass party of us, but I really need those of you who are "interested" to actually rsvp as soon as possible
https://www.facebook.com/events/728879970623223/ i know i will be part of the p j party i wasn't expecting there to be a sperate photoshoot as well
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

FeeltheFern2016

Post by FeeltheFern2016 »

hey everyone! my friend and I are gonna be Yuri and Yurio! we got the wigs aaannnddd yeah...the outfit part is interpretive I 'spose haha (we too broke) but anyways...this might sound annoying but is there anyway someone would so kind as to make a post with all the facebook event links please? I think i got most of them but reading through the forum it just sounds like there're a million different ones and im like woa wait wut I thought that one was on Saturday...oh that's a different one?...oh there're 5.....oh golly.

So any help would be much appreciated! <3

PS, I can not wait for this meetup, it's gona be so epic
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Kiarrens wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:21 am
(Pokes head in)

I don't need anymore publication for the dinner already have 19 people interested....and 4 going that's bigger then the magi group i had last time....i hope there's a restaurant big enough to hold all the people who want to show up...but feel free to put it on the list anyway ^^
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Fullflame
Dedicated Poster

Post by Fullflame »

FeeltheFern2016 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:15 pm hey everyone! my friend and I are gonna be Yuri and Yurio! we got the wigs aaannnddd yeah...the outfit part is interpretive I 'spose haha (we too broke) but anyways...this might sound annoying but is there anyway someone would so kind as to make a post with all the facebook event links please? I think i got most of them but reading through the forum it just sounds like there're a million different ones and im like woa wait wut I thought that one was on Saturday...oh that's a different one?...oh there're 5.....oh golly.

Here's All the facebook event pages I have knowledge of:

Friday PJ party: https://www.facebook.com/events/1744684062517253/

Saturday Photoshoot: https://www.facebook.com/events/8079661 ... 5199380535
~Francypants
~Bertholdturtle
~The_Incredible_Hunk
Suisen
Experienced Poster

Post by Suisen »

There aren't as many people on the Facebook event as I expected! :<
Currently Watching:
  • Masamune-kun no Revenge
    Demi-chan wa Kataritai
    Kuzu no Honkai

Anime Boston 2017:
  • Yuri Plisetsky from Yuri On Ice
    Noctis Caelum from Final Fantasy XV
    Himiko Toga from Boku No Hero Academia
baerae

Post by baerae »

I don't remember if I already commented on this thread, but Im going to be going sat/Sunday and i might do a closet Viktor if the meet up is on one of the days I go! :D
Suisen
Experienced Poster

Post by Suisen »

AB has a cosplay gathering room now, if we want to reserve more days for a yoi gathering. http://www.animeboston.com/news/article/629
Currently Watching:
  • Masamune-kun no Revenge
    Demi-chan wa Kataritai
    Kuzu no Honkai

Anime Boston 2017:
  • Yuri Plisetsky from Yuri On Ice
    Noctis Caelum from Final Fantasy XV
    Himiko Toga from Boku No Hero Academia
papertoadette
AB Alumni

Post by papertoadette »

I might have to stop by when I'm cosplaying as Isabella Yang so I can give hugs to all the JJ's! <3

Michelle Light
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Cosplay Games Staff 2018-2019 We Put the PLAY in Cosplay

Cosplays for 2019: Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Sakura from Card Captor Sakura, Toadette from Mario and ??? from ???
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

Have you JJ cosplayers practiced your hand poses enough? lol
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
FeeltheFern2016

Fullflame wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:12 pm
FeeltheFern2016 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:15 pm hey everyone! my friend and I are gonna be Yuri and Yurio! we got the wigs aaannnddd yeah...the outfit part is interpretive I 'spose haha (we too broke) but anyways...this might sound annoying but is there anyway someone would so kind as to make a post with all the facebook event links please? I think i got most of them but reading through the forum it just sounds like there're a million different ones and im like woa wait wut I thought that one was on Saturday...oh that's a different one?...oh there're 5.....oh golly.

Here's All the facebook event pages I have knowledge of:

Friday PJ party: https://www.facebook.com/events/1744684062517253/

Saturday Photoshoot: https://www.facebook.com/events/8079661 ... 5199380535
thank you! ^_^
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

so for those of you who are interested in the dinner, I would like to get a clear idea on what time people would like to actually meet to have dinner forget travel for a second. What's your ideal time to eat dinner, that way i can make it later, that way people can actually start rsvping (being interested isn't good enough for me anymore) i'm glad 18 people are interested in my dinner however, so thank you very much for that, but now it needs to be serious...I'm sure the serious ones will be able to decide once the schedule comes out which is taking it's sweet time as usual...https://www.facebook.com/events/728879970623223/ but I have to know just in case we actually do go to the back bay roman shop to see if they can fit all 20(something) of us...and what the billing situation will be like....

when we did the dinner at Wagumama with 15 people it was no problem at all to split the bill the way we wanted, but i don't know what other resturants in the area are like...I know where i'm from a party larger then 8 poses a problem, is this true for the Boston area?
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Nenie wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:46 pm Have you JJ cosplayers practiced your hand poses enough? lol
LOL I've done annoyed JJ Style poses as Yuri Plisetsky.

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

it's great that 18(plus the 5 of you that actually want to go) have interest, but I need a bit more rsvps other then "interested" because when I get there on Thursday I'm going to talk to the owner of Wagumama, and if we do indeed have 23 people interested I don't know how ok they'd be with that big of a number.....that's huge guys and thanks for being interested at least...I know it's to much to ask now (A week before the schedule is up) but I really need to know the actual numbers....

and I did change locations of the dinner because many of you know already that PF Changs has closed, doors for good as of a few days ago.... please let me know if your interested, but want me to change it to a later time...but i think for now i'm going to keep it at 6:00PM i know Wagumama doesn't take reservations so we're going to have to get there as early as possible...

i actually didn't think anyone would be interested in this dinner, so thank you for having an interest in my ideas ^_^; and if you want to talk on Facebook about anything at all you can facebook me as well....I'm the leader of the event and will be cosplaying as Yurio....
https://www.facebook.com/events/728879970623223/
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

townles
I'm new!

Post by townles »

Hey guys!! I heard of this Yuri on Ice themed cafe that could happen in NYC this June and thought you guys may be interested!

I really wanna attend but it looks like to make it happen they need some more confirmed interest / more cosplayers/for wait staff! (According to the latest post they somehow haven't had Victor/Yuuri apps?!) I know it's AB crunch time for everyone but if anyone's interested the last day to apply for waitstaff is 3/31 :O It seems like it'll be a really good time if it goes through
The fb page/more info is here
See y'all at AB!!!
FeeltheFern2016

townles wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:00 am Hey guys!! I heard of this Yuri on Ice themed cafe that could happen in NYC this June and thought you guys may be interested!

I really wanna attend but it looks like to make it happen they need some more confirmed interest / more cosplayers/for wait staff! (According to the latest post they somehow haven't had Victor/Yuuri apps?!) I know it's AB crunch time for everyone but if anyone's interested the last day to apply for waitstaff is 3/31 :O It seems like it'll be a really good time if it goes through
See y'all at AB!!!
*hyperventilating* this needs to be a thing
PaigeAdams

Post by PaigeAdams »

Hi! So, yeah this is my first meetup ever so my cosplay and stuff will be horrible!

So the official time is 10-12 on Saturday?

Where is this taking place anyways? Sorry im so oblivious!
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

FeeltheFern2016 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:15 am
townles wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:00 am Hey guys!! I heard of this Yuri on Ice themed cafe that could happen in NYC this June and thought you guys may be interested!

See y'all at AB!!!
*hyperventilating* this needs to be a thing
this is a thing? HOLEY shoot i need to do this to bad there's not one in Boston :<
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

ArianaXaia
Expert Poster

Post by ArianaXaia »

Just wanted to let you all know that despite what it says on the master gathering thread, the Saturday meet up is NOT actually four hours. Photographs will not be starting until around noon.
AB 2022 Potential Plans:
Childe (Genshin Impact)
Lumine (Genshin Impact)
Mami Tomoe (Madoka)
Maya (Revue Starlight)
avondale09
I'm new!

Post by avondale09 »

Are they any other yoi things going on? I missed all these and I'm Yuuri and i wanna do yoi stuff and see people :-(