Yu Yu hakusho 2017?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Yu Yu hakusho 2017?

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

any yu yu hakusho fans out there? Im trying to figure out my line up, but if this thread pans out well I'll just do one cosplay and keep the other for the next two days and not even bother with a third this time...

ok so i'm going to make the dinner for Thursday, does anyone have a problem with this? The only thing is though, i won't get there till 8:30 pm (i might convince my dad to bring me sooner rather then later) but it also depends on traffic, anyone ubject to this let me know before i make the thread

also if you want to talk Yu Yu hakusho dinner plans my facebook is Helia_Nanashi

dinner is still on but let me know what time you want it to be! i'm easy going! (not sure if my group will be!)
Last edited by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

Re: Yu Yu hakusho 2017?

Post by purple_popinjay »

Yoko Kurama!
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AB 2024 Tentative Line-Up:
Schedule TBD
silver-kyoko
Experienced Poster

Post by silver-kyoko »

I'm going as Botan on Saturday. I'm hosting a photoshoot on that same day!

https://facebook.com/events/1681882035457907
AB 2022 Line-up
Thursday: Myself
Friday: Cure Custard(PreCure)
Saturday: Xiangling(Genshin Impact)
Sunday: Chi(Chobits)
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

silver-kyoko wrote:I'm going as Botan on Saturday. I'm hosting a photoshoot on that same day!

https://facebook.com/events/1681882035457907
great that was the day i was planing on playing Rinku! i'll find you on facebook and we can talk!

edit: what do you think about a lunch in for those of us who want to chill afterword?
Lynkos wrote:Yoko Kurama!
be ware i may kidnap you and pet your tail the entire time...
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
WahKeetcha
Getting the hang of this...

Post by WahKeetcha »

I wasn't planning on bringing my DT Young Genkai but I'll probably bring it along with me now!
2011- Kai Hiwatari
2013- Young Genkai
2014- Young Genkai
2015- Female Pitch Black
2017- Pinako Rockbell
omgxspazz

Post by omgxspazz »

I'm trying to decide on a Botan outfit! I'll probably be wearing it on Thursday or Sunday, though. Super excited to see everyone's cosplays!
AnimeBoston 2019: Haruhi Suzumiya
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

omgxspazz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:39 pm I'm trying to decide on a Botan outfit! I'll probably be wearing it on Thursday or Sunday, though. Super excited to see everyone's cosplays!
OH OH CAN WE HAVE A THURSDAY NIGHT YYH MEETUP?! AND GO TO DINNER WHEN WE GET THERE?! i'll be there later, last time it took us till 8:30 tops to get tickets....feel free to pm me if you are interested and have a place you want to eat at! I'd love to do a shoot with you!

ok so i plan on getting there, ticket in hand at 8:30pm and can do anything after that, please let me know (via facebook if your willing to do something that late) and if so what it would be...
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

Post by purple_popinjay »

I am going to a Mystic Messenger dinner on Thursday. :(

Not sure which day I will be wearing him, but Yoko Kurama is in progress. The stupid tail is driving me insane. I should have just used faux fur and stuffed it and called it a day, but I wanted it to be soft and have nice movement and actually match the wig. So no, I had to do it the hard way. Lol
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AB 2024 Tentative Line-Up:
Schedule TBD
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Lynkos wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:14 pm I am going to a Mystic Messenger dinner on Thursday. :(

Not sure which day I will be wearing him, but Yoko Kurama is in progress. The stupid tail is driving me insane. I should have just used faux fur and stuffed it and called it a day, but I wanted it to be soft and have nice movement and actually match the wig. So no, I had to do it the hard way. Lol
well i have a yuri on ice dinner on Friday night, and not sure when my pokemon shoot is going to be, if you'd like to, we can meet before the convention.... (thursday night if you so wish to) that way we know what each other look like before the convention....

and sure it could always be on Saturday night if it helps people.....should this be an offical dinner? I'm not going to the facebook photo shoot because hmmmmmmmmm that i'm going to keep to myself, but yes, we can make the dinner for some time saturday and if we run into the others then so be it... but yea i was planing on wearing rinku on Saturday (more coverage that way...who knew the little guy had so many fans) also yea i know the hat, and the yoyos were a bitch to make but it was all worth it, some yoyos try to escape every now and then when i'm asked for a picture....it's quite annoying >.> so i just keep them in the green bag
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Aris
I'm new!

Post by Aris »

Myself and a few friends are dressing up as Team Urameshi on Friday and various Dark Tournament characters on Saturday )will be at the photoshoot). Can't wait to see everyone's cosplays :D
atomaru
Expert Poster

Post by atomaru »

Hey there!

I've been meaning to do a Kuwabara cosplay since forever, and this looks like the best chance to do so!
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Aris wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:38 am Myself and a few friends are dressing up as Team Urameshi on Friday and various Dark Tournament characters on Saturday )will be at the photoshoot). Can't wait to see everyone's cosplays :D
are you going to the offical photo shoot? I have it saved in my facebook thingie, but i dono if i want to go now or not to it, which is why i wanted to make my own.... Friday i might just stick with the cozy yuri on ice.... hit me up and let me know what day you want to do pictures with me! I'm pretty easy going if i remember the cosplay in mention.... like i can now easily go back and change into cosplay if i had to since i'm staying at the sharation....but if worst comes to worst i'll just be in Rinku all throughout Saturday and you can find me easily that way....

atomaru wrote:
YES we need to take pictures together now that i finally have yoyos to torment kuwabaras with...the first time i met a kuwabara i forgot all about them, and everyone was all "Rinku where are your yoyos" so back in popular demand i always go to ab (At least one day) as Rinku who knew the little guy (i think he's a guy) could be so popular.... also if your not in a group (and if your group is friendly enough) I may fallow you around like a lost puppy through out the day....i hope you don't mind ^^ I don't have many cosplay friends who like to do yu yu hakusho anymore >.>; so i'm on my own....
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

so i cancled the dinner whatever it was cause there's already a facebook offical shoot that i may or may not be interested in going in and people are (for some form or another) interested in meeting with me, so i decided to cancle the dinner and if we all want to we can get lunch before or after word, and if i meet up with some of you on Saturday then we can do our own thing if we want to....

also i'm still looking for someone to hang out with on Thursday as well, and a thursday night mini meet up is not out of the question
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

sokkarang

Post by sokkarang »

I'll be there as Kurama, and I have a Hiei and Yusuke in my group as well!
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

sokkarang wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:37 am I'll be there as Kurama, and I have a Hiei and Yusuke in my group as well!
nice! So as it stands there's going to be a meet up (somewhere around 2:00) with everyone on Saturday, and depending on what we're all doing (Before or after that) there's going to be a lunch or dinner....

I'll have a bit of a group with me as well....I'll be with a Touya, Jin, Chu (yay!) and that's as far as i know....

i'm going to make a poll in here asking people opinions on dinner/lunch/breakfest time....what time they want to meet for a meal...(we can meet before the group meet up and eat all together, go to starbucks or what have you...(not that far away from the center i've done the walk to both and they're simple though i like the one on newburry street next to animezanka better....)

so yay for people actually showing up this convention!
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Swordsncarrots
AB Staff

Post by Swordsncarrots »

I am planning on going as genderbent Kuwabara at some point, although now that Chris Sabat has been announced as a guest, I hope none of his events conflict with the FB photoshoot!
Katy Mastrocola
Graphic Designer, Publications Staff
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Swordsncarrots wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:34 pm I am planning on going as genderbent Kuwabara at some point, although now that Chris Sabat has been announced as a guest, I hope none of his events conflict with the FB photoshoot!
the shoot is tenentivly at 2:00pm(afternoon) and the lunch will be before or after that, let me know if you need a link to the lunch in .... i wouldn't mind a Kuwabara to hang out with....cause i have the same exact problem...i'm hoping Chri's panel will be on Friday, and i'm hoping beyond all hope he has an 18+ panel

https://www.facebook.com/events/1833858860222191/ there's the lunch in i usually have good luck with these things, but i'm praying that everything can be worked out
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

omgxspazz

Post by omgxspazz »

Looks like I might be Botan for a little while on Friday! (I'll still be her on Sunday as well!) I think I'm bringing both of my outfits - Maze Castle and Dark Tournament trainer outfit! Can't wait!
AnimeBoston 2019: Haruhi Suzumiya
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

omgxspazz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:57 pm Looks like I might be Botan for a little while on Friday! (I'll still be her on Sunday as well!) I think I'm bringing both of my outfits - Maze Castle and Dark Tournament trainer outfit! Can't wait!
ok let me know if you want company on Thursday i'm currently friendless (i think) on Thursday, I plan on doing Team Rocket unless told otherwise, and i think you should do Trainer outfit on Friday if i wind up doing Rinku also i will have a team with me for both days i have to leave early on Friday for my stupid dinner that i don't want to do for another fandom
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho