League of Legends (LOL) 2016

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2016.

Moderator: Nyuu

Mirotic
Veteran Poster

League of Legends (LOL) 2016

Post by Mirotic »

Hey everyone! I'd love to get a league cosplay photoshoot/gathering together, and maybe play some games.

I'll be going as Popstar Ahri this year with a Bittersweet Lulu.

Anyone else going as champions this year? And if you want to be part of a gathering, which day do you think would be best (I know many of us change things last minute after the schedule is up).
Last edited by Mirotic on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022
xSakuraChu
Getting the hang of this...

Re: League of Legends (LOL) 2016

Post by xSakuraChu »

Hi there! I'll be going as Syndra and my boyfriend will be Zed, likely for Friday and likely Saturday as well :)
AB 2014`Yoruichi Shihōin
AB 2015` Uryuu Minene
AB 2016` Syndra, Uryuu Minene, Swag Syndra
AB 2017` Pop Star Janna
AB 2018` OC Water Bender
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

Hey all! I'll be attending as Pool Party Draven and a friend of mine will be attending as Dunk Master Darius! Can't wait to see everyone!
Anime Boston 2018
Female Rakan, League of Legends

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'16 P.P Draven, French Maid Draven
'15 Ahri
'14 Yin, Headmistress Fiora
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'12 Ronald Knox, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
Eevee Queen Liz

Post by Eevee Queen Liz »

I'll be attending as both Classic Riven and Captain Fortune, not sure which days yet. Glad to see this up! :D :D :D

Also, if you set one up at least 2 days, it would work better for everyone. People might have things to do one day, but others might be free, so you'd get different people who can't make it. I went to the one last year, which didn't exactly go well considering location, so I'll be happy to help if you need any advice.

; Feel free to message me about the above.
-
Yuno Gasai AB2019
Doki Doki Natsuki AB2018
Elizabeth Comstock AB2017
Riven the Exile AB2015
Princess Zelda AB2014
Daenerys Targaryen AB2013
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

Bump for those who are looking through ^ ^
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
Hakumen

Post by Hakumen »

Hopefully whatever suit I finish first either
Runeguard Volibear, Final Boss Veigar or going all out crazy Project Zed.
Quillykins
Experienced Poster

Post by Quillykins »

If everything goes well and I'm able to finish it in time I will be Kindred on Saturday! (And I might have a DJ Sona with me!)

Though if I'm not able to finish it in time I'll most likely be rewearing my Dino Gnar cosplay. :)
Anime Boston 2019 Cosplay Plans:

Friday: All Might (True Form! In Silver Age Suit) [My Hero Academia]
Saturday: K/DA Kai'sa [League of Legends]
Sunday: WALL-E [WALL-E]
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

Bump to get the topic back on the list!
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
baerae

Post by baerae »

The Flying Blue Quill wrote:If everything goes well and I'm able to finish it in time I will be Kindred on Saturday! (And I might have a DJ Sona with me!)

Though if I'm not able to finish it in time I'll most likely be rewearing my Dino Gnar cosplay. :)
me and my friend are thinking about human wolf and lamb! hope to see you there!
natsukoi
Experienced Poster

Post by natsukoi »

I'm still seeing if I can complete it in time, but I might be Caitlyn with her Officer skin :D I'm excited to see you all there! I'm in the facebook group too, and I think I saw someone post earlier this week that they were going Bltizcrank!!
AB 2012: Fem! Japan (Hetalia)
AB 2013: Sai (Naruto)
AB 2014: Mikasa Ackerman (Shingeki no Kyojin)
AB 2015: Umbreon (Pokemon)
Yui (Sword Art Online)

AB 2016: Caitlyn (League of Legends)
AB 2017: Popstar Vi (League of Legends)
Mumei (Kabaneri)
(maybe) Ranmao (Black Butler)
Quillykins
Experienced Poster

Post by Quillykins »

baerae wrote:
The Flying Blue Quill wrote:If everything goes well and I'm able to finish it in time I will be Kindred on Saturday! (And I might have a DJ Sona with me!)

me and my friend are thinking about human wolf and lamb! hope to see you there!
Coolio! :D

Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

Hey all! I know AB is next month (or 50 days away from the time that I'm writing this!) and I was wondering if anyone knew of times and locations for this years shoot.

I know that there is a Facebook page that has been used for this type of thing but for those of us who do not have a Facebook, is there any way we can have information? If anyone IS apart of the group, would they mind passing along information for everyone? That would be wonderful!

If there arent any times on the Facebook page should we make some and see where it takes everyone?
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
xSakuraChu

Post by xSakuraChu »

BUMP^
AB 2014`Yoruichi Shihōin
AB 2015` Uryuu Minene
AB 2016` Syndra, Uryuu Minene, Swag Syndra
AB 2017` Pop Star Janna
AB 2018` OC Water Bender
Quillykins
Experienced Poster

Post by Quillykins »

Kasutieru wrote:
Hey all! I know AB is next month (or 50 days away from the time that I'm writing this!) and I was wondering if anyone knew of times and locations for this years shoot.

I know that there is a Facebook page that has been used for this type of thing but for those of us who do not have a Facebook, is there any way we can have information? If anyone IS apart of the group, would they mind passing along information for everyone? That would be wonderful!

If there arent any times on the Facebook page should we make some and see where it takes everyone?
I used to be part of the "group" page that was around last year but I can't find any trace of it anywhere. That and no one has made any event for a meet up/photoshoot on Facebook that I know of. :(

Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

The Flying Blue Quill wrote:
Kasutieru wrote:

I used to be part of the "group" page that was around last year but I can't find any trace of it anywhere. That and no one has made any event for a meet up/photoshoot on Facebook that I know of. :(
Thank you for letting us know~ If their page is no longer up or if it's been moved, should we male something here in the forums and spread it around like wildfire to get it out? I know previous years, if someone made a date and time here, it would end up being over run by the groups time. If we want to make a time and date should we do a collective vote or wait until the whole schedule comes out? Im a terrible organizer but I can do my best if no one wants to be the "main guy".
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

Bump for those who are looking!
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
EliseHime

Post by EliseHime »

Going to cosplay Challenger Ahri most likely on Saturday! If a day and time is settled that would be great! Hopfully they post the schedule soon.
Anime Boston '15 Cosplays
Ruby Rose (RWBY)
Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
hibajelly
I'm new!

Post by hibajelly »

:D ill be attending as Demon Vi and Katarina! I hope to see fellow League cosplayers!
Quillykins
Experienced Poster

Post by Quillykins »

Kasutieru wrote:
Kasutieru wrote:

Thank you for letting us know~ If their page is no longer up or if it's been moved, should we male something here in the forums and spread it around like wildfire to get it out? I know previous years, if someone made a date and time here, it would end up being over run by the groups time. If we want to make a time and date should we do a collective vote or wait until the whole schedule comes out? Im a terrible organizer but I can do my best if no one wants to be the "main guy".
I'll keep looking around Facebook for any events, but maybe we should start planning our own just in case? Wouldn't hurt. Then again maybe we should wait for the schedule to be posted? ^^;

Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

Kasutieru wrote:
Kasutieru wrote:

I'll keep looking around Facebook for any events, but maybe we should start planning our own just in case? Wouldn't hurt. Then again maybe we should wait for the schedule to be posted? ^^;
I was going to wait on the schedule as well. They usually post if a few weeks before the actual convention and that would be a good time frame to get everything set in stone. We could brain storm too. I know last year we had begun on the third floor but ended up having to move under the escalators on the ground floor. Since the group is expanding we could always try to find a larger place to go since even under the escalators was a tight squeeze. There's always the courtyard and that small park that's outside of PF Changs. I saw the Marvel group doing a shoot there last year.
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
AuxilliaryElement
Experienced Poster

Post by AuxilliaryElement »

Hey guys! I'll be going as Bloodmoon Kalista for...Saturday? I haven't nailed down what I'm wearing when. ><

IS there a Facebook event page for this? Is someone making one?
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

AuxilliaryElement wrote:Hey guys! I'll be going as Bloodmoon Kalista for...Saturday? I haven't nailed down what I'm wearing when. ><

IS there a Facebook event page for this? Is someone making one?
Oh man blood moon kal?! I cant wait to see your cosplay!

As of right now we've been informed that there isnt a Facebook page or it hasnt been seen. So, unless it pops up before the con we've been thinking of waiting until the schedual is posted and then think of times and places. Since we are a bigger and growing group i was thinking outside might be better so we dont get kicked out of out shoot area like last year.
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
LuxorAFK
I'm new!

Post by LuxorAFK »

I'm going as Star Guardian Lux probably for the whole convention, I was going to do traditional Ahri as well, but I have so much left to tweak on the tails that I can't see it happening.
Song of a Phoenix
Expert Poster

Post by Song of a Phoenix »

I'll be bringing in the panic with Jinx! >:D I'm not sure which day I'll be wearing it yet, but she's one of my favorite champions and cosplaying her is going to be super fun!

2016:
Florina (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword), Jinx (LoL), Nora Valkyrie

2015:
Guy Cecil, Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones), Alice Elliot

2014:
Leila (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword), Guy Cecil, "Marth" (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

2013:
Flynn Scifo, Trish (Devil May Cry), Garry (Ib)

2012:
Shion (No. 6), Guy Cecil, Tabatha, Tsuzuki Asato

2011:
Guy Cecil, Tabatha (Tales of Symphonia), Tsuzuki Asato
fallenfaery

Post by fallenfaery »

Hey!! ^^ I'll be there all weekend in League cosplay!~ I went to the shoot last year as Winter Wonder Lulu. (it was Saturday afternoon on the 3rd floor I can't recall exactly where) I'm more than likely doing Goth Annie for Saturday. If someone wants to set up a meeting/shoot that would be awesome and I'd love to attend. I'd also be more than happy to help spread it around and invite people ^.^ I can't find the event page for last year's shoot or anything on Facebook, it seems to have disappeared.
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

Well from the few posts that have been recently added to the topic it seems that the Facebook page (group??) isn't there anymore for this years con. Since the con is 2 weeks away do we want to start planning anything or wait a few to see if the schedule comes out soon? Seeing how we did have a fairly large group last year and not everyone checks the forums here for photo shoot information, I'd assume we'd have another large group on our hands like last year. We did end up getting kicked out of the 3rd floor area due to blocking the stairwell and elevators (kinda in a way) and when we did move down under the escalators we also got kicked out after a good 20-25 minutes. Are there any suggestions to where a good place to go would be? I'm thinking outside since we'd have a good chunk of room keeping in mind the weather is in our favor.
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
fallenfaery

Post by fallenfaery »

The con schedule will be out about a week before the con from what I've read if you wanted to wait to plan a definite time for the meetup. As for space, a large open area would probably be needed since there's so many of us. Outside could work if it's not too cold. Last year the garden area was closed, I believe they were doing work on it and because of the snow?
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

fallenfaery wrote:The con schedule will be out about a week before the con from what I've read if you wanted to wait to plan a definite time for the meetup. As for space, a large open area would probably be needed since there's so many of us. Outside could work if it's not too cold. Last year the garden area was closed, I believe they were doing work on it and because of the snow?
I do remeber the garden being closed due to snow because if that big storm we had. I remember the Marvel group doing it at a pavilion outside of P. F. Changs if im correct. The tiling created a circular design. Weather permitting that would be a good place but if anyone else has ideas fire away :)

We can totally wait on the schedual too. Just in case anyone was browsing the forum looking for an update thats all~
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
FjWolfwood
Veteran Poster

Post by FjWolfwood »

Hello. Since I have it finally finished I am definitely bringing Vladimir this year. Can't wait to see what gathering/meet up we can get for the game.
fallenfaery

Post by fallenfaery »

I'd definitely like to wait on the schedule for a definite time, but if we can figure out a spot beforehand that'd be awesome! ^^Not sure if the weather is going to hold up for anything outside, I looked up the weather online and it says it's supposed to rain =X
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

fallenfaery wrote:I'd definitely like to wait on the schedule for a definite time, but if we can figure out a spot beforehand that'd be awesome! ^^Not sure if the weather is going to hold up for anything outside, I looked up the weather online and it says it's supposed to rain =X

We can always make a rain location too so we have a back-up plan. I looked at the master forum for all the shoots and there's quite a few places taken but, I doubt there'd be an overlap.

Also, looking at the Prudential map that the staff has linked, I believe it's the Christian Science Plaza that I saw the Marvel group at last year. It's right in front of the Sheraton hotel on the Belvidere Street side. I'll put a link at the bottom on the reply with it circled so people see where I'm talking about. Crappy Microsoft Paint skills incoming lol If we decided to do that for an outdoor shoot we'd have a ton of space, but if you said there was rain coming in during the weekend we can also plan for a rain location inside the Prudential Center OR the Hynes.

Times can wait until the schedule comes out. Getting a location would be ideal since we have less then two weeks until the convention. Once we have a place we just apply a good time for a collation of people, let the main thread know, and spread it like wildfire!

Collection of maps: http://imgur.com/a/lEJyc
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
fallenfaery

Post by fallenfaery »

Alrighty! Sounds good, I made an event page on Facebook if anyone has one and would like to join that way. I know some people don't ever check the forums so I figured I'd go ahead and make the event for FB and get people to join that way. Plus I'm friends with a good amount of LoL cosplayers who are coming to the con XD Here's the link! https://www.facebook.com/events/579157622260200/
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

fallenfaery wrote:Alrighty! Sounds good, I made an event page on Facebook if anyone has one and would like to join that way. I know some people don't ever check the forums so I figured I'd go ahead and make the event for FB and get people to join that way. Plus I'm friends with a good amount of LoL cosplayers who are coming to the con XD Here's the link! https://www.facebook.com/events/579157622260200/
Awesome! I made a facebook account just for this so I'll post later on with the same link I did earlier. Do we want to stick with the indoor location that we had last year? As for outdoor I think that's our best shot since not many people in the master forum seem to be going there. As for times, waiting on the con sched.
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

I updated the facebook group page as well as added a poll for the indoor location. If you cannot access the group (you dont have a facebook) you can PM me and I'm going to add all the responses I get to make a decision on the indoor location. That seems like a good idea. I think. Bah ;////;
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
fallenfaery

Post by fallenfaery »

Eee I didn't know you made a FB account just for this lol oh gosh! ^^;; But if anyone is reading this and you have a FB account feel free to make suggestions in the event and such. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

Hey guys just checking in and making a small post.

The schedule has been posted for the con finally!! I hope there's a ton of stuff for everyone to attend to and have a great time at. Just be safe and have fun!

Second, now that the schedule is out we can start making times and finalizing everything for the photoshoot. I'd like to get it off to the main thread by sunday at the latest if possible. AS OF RIGHT NOW I am seeing rain in the forecast but we all know that is subject to change at any time. So for right now, lets think indoors for a location. A lot of people seem to be interested in the location of being behind the escalators on the first floor outside the Dealers Room-B. If this seems like a good idea we can finalize it with times.

If you can think of better places please let us know so we can get those in there. But for times by SUNDAY LATEST PLEASE. It's just easier to get the word around ^ ^;;;
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

It's been decided that we're going to be doing TWO shoots to get as many people as we can in~!

Friday @ 4pm
Nice weather: Christian Science Plaza
- Meetup: Belvidere Arcade
Bad Weather: Outside Dealers Room-B under the escalators

Saturday @ 3pm
Nice weather: Christian Science Plaza
- Meetup: Belvidere Arcade
Bad Weather: Outside Dealers Room-B under the escalators

I hope to see as many people as we can there!!
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2016 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.