Attack of the Cockroaches!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2015.
Iszumi
Getting the hang of this...

Attack of the Cockroaches!

Post by Iszumi »

As I was straightening up my room in the Sheraton before leaving yesterday, I noticed that there was a dead cockroach in my room underneath the chair.
I mentioned it to the concierge when I was checking out, and I said in jest that maybe she could give me a lower price on my hotel bill.
And guess what? She not only apologized, but she deducted $50.00 from my total hotel bill!
Now ain't that nice? One of the little things that I'll remember my second time at Anime Boston for.
Since the Sheraton is the main hotel that you're using, I thought that you would want to know this.
Watch out for the little bugs! :D
Rabblt

Re: Attack of the Cockroaches!

Post by Rabblt »

That's nice of them!...but, damn! I've never seen a roach in a hotel before ;_; I'm a little creeped out now ewwie if that were me I'd just leave!!! frack the hotel I'ma be in my car!!!
♥Attending since 2010♥
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Thatttttts.... not a good sign. Have you checked your bags? I mean, I know a dead roach could be old, but usually where there is one, there's more, and hopefully, not in your bags.

But yeah, I never liked the Sheratons rooms. I learned through friends staying there that they suck with cleaning.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Rabblt

Post by Rabblt »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:Thatttttts.... not a good sign. Have you checked your bags? I mean, I know a dead roach could be old, but usually where there is one, there's more, and hopefully, not in your bags.

But yeah, I never liked the Sheratons rooms. I learned through friends staying there that they suck with cleaning.
They do??? Oh crap, well, now I know for future reference o_O Next year will be my first time getting a hotel for AB and I was considering either Marriott or Midtown. My mother wants Hilton but my friends with hotels have all stayed at the Marriott and recommend it so...

Does anyone know if any of the hotels in the area have pools??? My mom will only go to one with a pool xD
♥Attending since 2010♥
chibisprite
Experienced Poster

Post by chibisprite »

That's about as awful as myself (and my brother and his friend) walking into our room in the South Tower on Thursday night only to find someone already in the room. At least they did something for you, all they did for me (as of right now) was to change my room location. They did apologize, but never understood how someone else ended up in my original room...or if they did find out they (kinda understandably) didn't pass that info along to me.

Still, personally if that happened to me I would freak out. I'm bad as it is with spiders, but after having a scare with bedbugs last year (totally unrelated to AB in any form) I have quite an overreaction to any type of bug.
Cosplay List
In Progress - Big Poe (Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time)
Planned - Ursula (Disney's The Little Mermaid), Rosa The Subrosian (Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Seasons)

~Chibi
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Ghost320 wrote:
Yukito Kunisaki wrote:Thatttttts.... not a good sign. Have you checked your bags? I mean, I know a dead roach could be old, but usually where there is one, there's more, and hopefully, not in your bags.

They do??? Oh crap, well, now I know for future reference o_O Next year will be my first time getting a hotel for AB and I was considering either Marriott or Midtown. My mother wants Hilton but my friends with hotels have all stayed at the Marriott and recommend it so...

Does anyone know if any of the hotels in the area have pools??? My mom will only go to one with a pool xD

I was at the Marriott and have been since 2009. They have a pool on floor 5. My friends were disappointed with it. I never used it though. As for the rooms, I have never had much of any issues. The only room "problems" I have ever had were:

- Last year, using a stand-up only shower, the arm holding the shower head would keep falling down instead of staying up where it is supposed to be. I smacked it with my hand while showering, it swung down and shattered a soap tray on the wall. They had to obviously replace the soap holder, got someone up to inspect the shower head, and fixed it for us. TV was broken. They replaced it fast and gave us free wifi.
- This year, some corner molding was loose and black streaks on the toilet seat/tub. (The streaks could simply be because of putting suitcases on then temporarily.) ...The TV's HDMI input wasn't working. Had service come up, and it got fixed within the 20 minutes of the call.

We all like it here, and don't plan to change it. Most of the staff is very, very courteous and would do what they can to make you happy.

That was all I had for any big or well.... notable issues that have/could have caused issues.
Rabblt

Post by Rabblt »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:
Ghost320 wrote:

I was at the Marriott and have been since 2009. They have a pool on floor 5. My friends were disappointed with it. I never used it though. As for the rooms, I have never had much of any issues. The only room "problems" I have ever had were:

- Last year, using a stand-up only shower, the arm holding the shower head would keep falling down instead of staying up where it is supposed to be. I smacked it with my hand while showering, it swung down and shattered a soap tray on the wall. They had to obviously replace the soap holder, got someone up to inspect the shower head, and fixed it for us. TV was broken. They replaced it fast and gave us free wifi.
- This year, some corner molding was loose and black streaks on the toilet seat/tub. (The streaks could simply be because of putting suitcases on then temporarily.) ...The TV's HDMI input wasn't working. Had service come up, and it got fixed within the 20 minutes of the call.

We all like it here, and don't plan to change it. Most of the staff is very, very courteous and would do what they can to make you happy.

That was all I had for any big or well.... notable issues that have/could have caused issues.
Oh wow thank you for all the feedback! :o I really, really appreciate firsthand info ^_^ My mother trusts the Hilton, but I walked in there a few months ago just to look around and it looked...boring, plain; so I'll probably go with the Marriott haha. But, I don't know yet :o got a whole year to think about it hehe. Thanks so much again for telling me about it!!! It's weird, I've never ever been in a hotel room with problems before o.o; Maybe I'm lucky?
♥Attending since 2010♥
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Well, I'll definitely say the Marriott's new elevator system keeps it from being boring. >.>
Rabblt

Post by Rabblt »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:Well, I'll definitely say the Marriott's new elevator system keeps it from being boring. >.>
:O New? System? Ooh tell me tell me! Last year a girl form the con was having a panic attack and her friends were trying to get her on, but shitty people fracking ignored her and filled up the elevator. It was so rude and I felt bad because there was no telling when the next elevator would come!. The elevators took so long so my friend and I trekked 30 flights of stairs (great workout!) and made it to her (my friend's) room, probably before the elevator would ever take us to where we needed to be =_=;; BUT that was in the Sheraton.

How do the Marriott's new elevators work? :o
♥Attending since 2010♥
omgxspazz

Post by omgxspazz »

Ghost320 wrote: How do the Marriott's new elevators work? :o
Basically, you press the button for the floor you want to go to, and it directs you into which elevator you'll be taking! No more 'elevator parties' as a lot of the elevators only went to two or three floors at a time.

Also, if you're thinking about staying at a hotel, I will ALWAYS suggest a Marriott. The Copley Place Marriott was fantastic, and I've stayed there previously for a non-AB related event with family. Staff is very friendly and the room was very clean.
AnimeBoston 2019: Haruhi Suzumiya
Painted_Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Painted_Outlaw »

That does remind me of how I was in the food court Friday afternoon and someone I was sitting with claimed they saw a cockroach there. I don't know if it was dead or not, but it was an interesting few minutes. xP
Attendee since 2010, panelist since 2016.
NanoZero
Experienced Poster

Post by NanoZero »

I also stayed at the Marriott this year and would highly recommend it over the Sheraton. Their customer service is amazing for one. Also, the new elevator system was more efficient than I expected. I met some cool congoers on those things.
AB2012: Kino
AB2013: Misaka Mikoto (casual)
AB2014: Ryuko Matoi (EP 1)
AB2015: Seo Yuzuki & Akatsuki (1st season)
AB2016: Inkling School Girl Version (Splatoon) & Oboro (Fire Emblem Fates)
AB2017:Umi Sonoda (China Dress & Arabian Dancer),Lucina & Hanamaru Kunikida (Winter Uniform)
AB2018:Constellation Umi Sonoda & Makoto Niijima
AB2019: Flower Bouquet Umi Sonoda, Cinnabar, F!Corrin & Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu)
AB2020:
????????
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

Ghost320 wrote:

A valid concern; the Colonnade (across from the Prudential) has one on the roof, and was reasonably priced with a unique look. I don't think they have a convention rate, but it might be the best choice given your situation.
Iszumi

Post by Iszumi »

Ghost320 wrote:

The Sheraton actually had a pool (and fitness center) on the 5th floor. Fortunately, that's the floor where I was staying so I was able to attend some of the Foundation of Anime panels. :)
Iszumi

Post by Iszumi »

I unpacked my bags and I did not see any bugs in them. Thanks for asking! :)
aznman08
AB Staff

Post by aznman08 »

Ugly Bob wrote:
Ghost320 wrote:

A valid concern; the Colonnade (across from the Prudential) has one on the roof, and was reasonably priced with a unique look. I don't think they have a convention rate, but it might be the best choice given your situation.
I don't think the Colonnade pool was open as it is an outdoor pool. (Wasn't able to check over the weekend so unsure.) And there was a con rate for this year: http://www.animeboston.com/location/hot ... #colonnade

If it is a seasonal pool, then you may want to pass the Colonnade for the others as they are indoor I believe.
John Bautista
AB 2022: General Tech l 2019: Senior Tech l 2014-18: Junior Tech Staff l 2007-2013: AB volunteer l 2006:attendee
PAX East Enforcer:2014-22
Alicanth

Post by Alicanth »

aznman08 wrote:
Ugly Bob wrote:
Ghost320 wrote:

I don't think the Colonnade pool was open as it is an outdoor pool. (Wasn't able to check over the weekend so unsure.) And there was a con rate for this year: http://www.animeboston.com/location/hot ... #colonnade

If it is a seasonal pool, then you may want to pass the Colonnade for the others as they are indoor I believe.
The Colonnade pool is seasonal. I think they usually open it sometime in May, usually too late in the year for the con crowd to take advantage of it.

That said, my friends and I have stayed at the Colonnade for AB for three years now, and we ADORE it. The rooms are always wicked clean, the people who work there are wonderful--my friend got sick on Sunday and they went out of their way to make sure she was feeling okay--and if you have back problems or issues with sore muscles their showers are godsends. They're really good about making bag checks and check out times easy as well.
AB 2015: Spinel Sun (Cardcaptor Sakura)
AB 2014: Erza Scarlet, ver. Robe of Yuen (Fairy Tail)
AB 2013: Erza Scarlet, ver. Standard (Fairy Tail)/Destiny of the Endless (Sandman)
AB 2012: Aradia Megido (Homestuck)
AB 2011: Timeskip Hyuuga Hinata (Naruto)/Yomiko Readman (Read or Die)/Ennis (Baccano!)
AB 2010: Marie Mjolnir (Soul Eater)/Ennis (Baccano!)/Sanji (One Piece)