Once again, How do you feel now that the convention's over?

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2015.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Once again, How do you feel now that the convention's over?

Post by coolforever »

It's my yearly topic for you to all express your feelings in once again :P

So, Anime Boston 2015 comes to a close, as we now have to wait another full year before the next one happens.

With that said, how do you feel now that the convention is over?

Me personally, I do have a lot of feedback to give in terms of how the convention was run over the weekend, but I'll post that in another topic. In terms of how I feel though, I've pretty much gotten over post con depression, especially since I'm going to several other conventions again over the year, and the best part is that I'm also going to Tokyo in 3 months, which I'm UNBELIEVABLY excited about. So while it sucks that the con has to end again, there's a lot more for me to look forward to this year. :)

So, did post con depression hit any of you guys?
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Re: Once again, How do you feel now that the convention's ov

Post by royalbakaness »

Yep, definitely dealing with post con depression. Also, I'm incredibly tired, so work has been tough. I was really happy with the con this year, even though I wasn't able to attend Friday. I've read a lot of problems people had with staff and lines, and while I did see a lot of congestion, my friend and I were able to miss a lot of it. We were really excited at how well our timing was. We did not run across any rude staff or security or people in general, so I guess we lucked out.
I had my own anxieties while at the con, but that was all personal stuff and had nothing to do with AB. I'm looking forward to next year. Hopefully I will have two new faces to cosplay and the con scene with me.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Rabblt
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Rabblt »

I didn't cry this year for the first time, so that's a plus!!!

This year was an AMAZING con but it felt like it went by waay too quickly :,c

I'm left with a feeling of wanting everybody's contact info and missing the whole scene xD But we all had a blast so that's all that matters!! :)
♥Attending since 2010♥
goggles&chocolate

Post by goggles&chocolate »

I'm sad that it's over, and I hope that in the future I can go more than one day. I went as Matt Jeevas from Death Note on Saturday with my friend who cosplayed as Misa. Even though I found some Death Note cosplayers throughout the day, I had to REALLY look for them. I had hoped that there could be a Death Note meetup or photoshoot, but we didn't have enough people. I wish more people would cosplay as characters from Death Note, (characters besides L, there's always tons of L because he's fairly easy to cosplay and iconic), and I hope that I see more cosplayers from it next year.
Rhys Ifane
AB Alumni

Post by Rhys Ifane »

I just simply ache.... everywhere.... a lot. Going nonstop from 7:30 am each day until around midnight or later takes a lot out of you. That being said, as much as I physically feel like garbage, I feel fulfilled and excited knowing that myself and my fellow AB staff helped to put out the most enjoyable experience we could this year. Every year has snags, but we powered through them. Hearing all of the attendees get excited in the halls and panel rooms over everything they experience makes it beyond worth it. We love you all.
David Burke
Cosplay Games Staff 2014-2019
Masquerade Staff 2020
Kayube
Expert Poster

Post by Kayube »

Usually after the end of AB I try to extend it for myself personally by watching anime on my own time.

As for how I felt about the con in general- it wasn't quite as good as last year (it's tough to beat a JAM Project concert after all) but I had some fun, even despite the train station fire wreaking havoc with my schedule on Saturday and to a lesser extent Sunday. That fact does make me even more determined to someday get a group together for a hotel room to get the full AB experience rather than commuting back and forth.
Rick
Expert Poster

Post by Rick »

It hasn't really sunk in yet, since I'm actually going home back to Maine tomorrow (I decided to take extra time off and hang out with a friend who tends to have an artist's alley table, but didn't this year). It's probably going to hit me when I get home tomorrow and start having to go back to "real life", as things had been rather rough for me in the few weeks leading up to the con and I'm not really expecting things to get too much better once I go back. :/
"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith went to Anime Boston?"
penwhale
AB Alumni

Post by penwhale »

As a staff (I was Registration staff) that only left Boston yesterday and got back to where I live just a little bit before midnight, my reaction is really...

"Why do we have to return to reality?"

That, and a little bit of dry lips/sore throat going on, which I can't do much about.
Chin-Yu "Henry" Chen
2011~16 - Registration Staff
2007, 2009, 2010 - Attendee
Cosplays:
2010 - Scout (TF2), Red Mage (FFXI)
2011 - William T. Spears (Kouroshitsuji / Black Butler)
2012~2014- Koutaro (Rewrite), William T. Spears
2015 - Koutaro, Kirito (Sword Art Online - Aincrad ver.)
2016 - Koutaro (only for Formal Dance)
ximenia
I'm new!

Post by ximenia »

Sore, and furious at my boyfriend for not taking any pictures of me. ><
sontaikle
I'm new!

Post by sontaikle »

Oh goodness. PCD hit me hard yesterday. Thank goodness I'm off this week! Is it harder to bounce back from these things when you hit 27?? I don't remember being this tired after a con. :lol:

The better thing about being an adult is the ability to attend more cons! I'm looking forward to the several more I've planned to attend this year, so I can't be too sad about AB ending!
Max465
Experienced Poster

Post by Max465 »

Terrible. I'm dying.

On the plus side. I managed to aquire my second con flu AFTER the convention this year.

Still dying though. Tea is my best friend right now.
NanoZero
Experienced Poster

Post by NanoZero »

PCD hit me a bit later than usual, but nonetheless, it's here. (Damn you, Otakon for being so pricey and AAC for being in October.)

I'm also kicking myself in the foot for missing out on so many great cosplays, (thanks, social media!)
AB2012: Kino
AB2013: Misaka Mikoto (casual)
AB2014: Ryuko Matoi (EP 1)
AB2015: Seo Yuzuki & Akatsuki (1st season)
AB2016: Inkling School Girl Version (Splatoon) & Oboro (Fire Emblem Fates)
AB2017:Umi Sonoda (China Dress & Arabian Dancer),Lucina & Hanamaru Kunikida (Winter Uniform)
AB2018:Constellation Umi Sonoda & Makoto Niijima
AB2019: Flower Bouquet Umi Sonoda, Cinnabar, F!Corrin & Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu)
AB2020:
????????
Tony-San
Experienced Poster

Post by Tony-San »

Depressed more then anything. It's so great being around great people with things in common. I never get to talk about things I'm passionate away from cons so Anime Boston means everything to me as corny as that sounds. Yall are like family.
MandaTifa
AB Staff

Post by MandaTifa »

Sore. So sore...And tired.

My one regret from the con is not getting Kazuhiro Furuhashi's autograph, but you can't win everything!

Overall it was a great time, and I already can't wait til next year! I love my con family. :)
Amanda Graves
Cosplay Guest Coordinator 2024
Masquerade Assistant Coordinator 2023
Masquerade Staff 2012 - 2022
Attendee 2010-2011
Bakuretsu Con Staff 2009-2016, 2018 - 2019

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."

"Be strong, Red XIII."
Cerebral_Boar
AB Alumni

Post by Cerebral_Boar »

This was the first major convention of its kind I attended. I'm very glad I went!! It took me a while to adjust to both the sheer physical space and masses of humanity, but I never thought "If I stay, I'll regret it." However, I do have a few regrets. Those being: not taking nearly as many photos as I had hoped, not getting to see my co-worker's panel (The Horrifyingly Horrifying History of Horror Anime), and not having enough money to buy more cool stuff during AB15. As far as PCD is concerned, I wouldn't call it depression. It was more like an aphasia that lasted from about when I left for King's (8 PM Sunday) to roughly 11 PM Monday (at which point I'd been back at home for ten hours). I was trying to process my experiences over the last few days. I don't mean just the actual "nuts & bolts" events of the convention, either. I also include in order of increasing intensity: the anger, sorrow, compassion, exhaustion, joy, and camaraderie I felt there. I'll be back for next year!!
Michael St. Pierre
Anime Boston
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Senior Technical Staff 2018-2019

General Tech Staff 2020-present

"Ain't it funny how it is?
You never miss it 'til it's gone away
And my heart is lying there
And will be 'til my dying day"
Wasted Years by Iron Maiden
Vulgar_ism

Post by Vulgar_ism »

I'm absolutely sad.
It always hits me super hard, even now.
I guess it gives me motivation to cosplay though!
http://www.facebook.com/schizoidcosplay

Upcoming Cosplays
Merry Nightmare
Team Flare
Coelubris
I'm new!

Re: Once again, How do you feel now that the convention's over?

Post by Coelubris »

2015 was my first visit to Anime Boston. I traveled to Boston for the second time in my life, and I brought my 8 year old son with me. We came into Boston, and met my fiancee in Logan Airport. We checked into our hotel on Thursday, we got ready for the con, and got some good sleep. I have to say, I had a wonderful time. I had bought a ballgown specifically for the Beautiful Machine Ball, unfortunately because of the last minute schedule change, I was not ready with it when the ballroom dancing lessons started, and I didn't want to go to the ball and not be able to dance, but I got to wear my dress. I will be wearing that dress to be married in February. There are now some wonderful memories attached to that dress, and will be even more. My son discovered the room where you had Halo available to be played, he was utterly enchanted. We wandered around your market, where all the vendors were selling so many amazing and lovely items, we did a little shopping. I don't know if anyone really paid us attention, but I snapped a ton of pictures, and my son still thinks they are totally awesome. I had a delightful time with my son and my fiancee, and you have inspired a desire and a love for cons and cosplay. I want to attend more, and for my honeymoon my fiancee and I are planning to go to a con in July of 2016. I wish we could attend Anime Boston again, and we plan to try, in the future, to get back to Anime Boston, where my new family got started. I found it an amazing experience, one I would love to revisit, and I look forward to any chance I get in the future to attend Anime Boston. It was a trip worthy of every penny I paid, and I can't regret it, only look forward to visiting Anime Boston again someday.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Coelubris wrote:2015 was my first visit to Anime Boston. I traveled to Boston for the second time in my life, and I brought my 8 year old son with me. We came into Boston, and met my fiancee in Logan Airport. We checked into our hotel on Thursday, we got ready for the con, and got some good sleep. I have to say, I had a wonderful time. I had bought a ballgown specifically for the Beautiful Machine Ball, unfortunately because of the last minute schedule change, I was not ready with it when the ballroom dancing lessons started, and I didn't want to go to the ball and not be able to dance, but I got to wear my dress. I will be wearing that dress to be married in February. There are now some wonderful memories attached to that dress, and will be even more. My son discovered the room where you had Halo available to be played, he was utterly enchanted. We wandered around your market, where all the vendors were selling so many amazing and lovely items, we did a little shopping. I don't know if anyone really paid us attention, but I snapped a ton of pictures, and my son still thinks they are totally awesome. I had a delightful time with my son and my fiancee, and you have inspired a desire and a love for cons and cosplay. I want to attend more, and for my honeymoon my fiancee and I are planning to go to a con in July of 2016. I wish we could attend Anime Boston again, and we plan to try, in the future, to get back to Anime Boston, where my new family got started. I found it an amazing experience, one I would love to revisit, and I look forward to any chance I get in the future to attend Anime Boston. It was a trip worthy of every penny I paid, and I can't regret it, only look forward to visiting Anime Boston again someday.
Oh my, a February Wedding, I don't see many of them. Congrats!

Also, I will like to mention that Anime Boston has posted future dates up to 2019 so that may help you as well. viewtopic.php?f=66&t=12336
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
Coelubris
I'm new!

Post by Coelubris »

Thank you. I'm in nursing school right now, which is the biggest reason we can't go to Anime Boston this year, nursing school sort of eats up a lot of money, but I am sure that it will more than pay for itself once I graduate. And then I could probably come to Anime Boston cosplaying as some nurse or other out of one of those anime series. I just have to find one that's a redhead. I know my son had a great time too, so we all want to come back, as soon as our finances permit. Plane tickets get expensive. We're from Ohio.
rianna
I'm new!

Post by rianna »

It was a great time. But I believe this year would be even better :)
DJI Mavic Pro or Spark? Better drone or the cheaper one? Find out here: Mavic Pro vs Spark