My group, The Rusty Gear 2012, would like a fan table

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Supergirl
I'm new!

My group, The Rusty Gear 2012, would like a fan table

Post by Supergirl »

I looked through the main website and could not find a way for a group -- not a dealer -- to acquire a fan table in order to promote their event. Please advise me who to contact.

I would also like to know how I should go about hosting an offsite meetup during Anime Boston. Is there a bulletin board? If not, how can I best make the info available to attendees?

Thanks in advance!
The Rusty Gear 2012: a first of its kind fan conference for Metalocalypse and The Venture Bros.

If you're a fan, please fill out this quick 3-question poll. Thanks! :D
Nicole
AB Alumni

Re: My group, The Rusty Gear 2012, would like a fan table

Post by Nicole »

It may be too late to arrange this for 2012, but send a note to the Director of Programming using the contact form: http://www.animeboston.com/about/contact/ (Select "Director of Programming" from the drop-down menu.) They would be able to give you information about this. This is not a guarantee that you would be able to have a table, but they would be able to tell you more.

For arranging an off-site meeting, you can post a thread in the Cosplay Groups and Gatherings forum: viewforum.php?f=22

Check first to see if there is already a Metalocaplypse/Venture Brothers meet-up being arranged. The complete list of cosplay groups and meetup times/locations can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13843 Since I'm guessing if your group meets up there may be some cosplayers involved, that would be the best place to post about it, and to ensure that people with an interest in Metalocaplypse/Venture Brothers would see it.

Hope that helps!
Nicole Peterson
Publications Manager/Graphic Designer
Anime Boston 2010-2016
Supergirl
I'm new!

Post by Supergirl »

Thanks a lot!
The Rusty Gear 2012: a first of its kind fan conference for Metalocalypse and The Venture Bros.

Supergirl
I'm new!

Post by Supergirl »

Nicole wrote:For arranging an off-site meeting, you can post a thread in the Cosplay Groups and Gatherings forum: viewforum.php?f=22

Check first to see if there is already a Metalocaplypse/Venture Brothers meet-up being arranged. The complete list of cosplay groups and meetup times/locations can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13843 Since I'm guessing if your group meets up there may be some cosplayers involved, that would be the best place to post about it, and to ensure that people with an interest in Metalocaplypse/Venture Brothers would see it.

Hope that helps!
Just wondering: would the Other Programming sub-forum also be an appropriate place to post about this? I ask because -- while, you're right, there would probably be some cosplayers present -- this wouldn't be a cosplay-focused event, it would be more of a meet-and-greet for people interested in The Rusty Gear.

And would posting both there and in the Cosplay Gatherings sub-forum be a violation, or is it allowed?

Thanks!

Nicole
AB Alumni

Post by Nicole »

The "Other Programming" subforum is more for things like Karaoke, the Charity Auction, Dances, and other official AB events. Since this is a fan event, the cosplay subforum would be more appropriate. The forum discourages crossposting the same topic in multiple subforums, to keep everything together in one place.
Nicole Peterson
Publications Manager/Graphic Designer
Anime Boston 2010-2016