AB Forum Link(s) no longer on the main AB website

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

AB Forum Link(s) no longer on the main AB website

Post by Aurabolt »

I took a bit of effort on my part to access the forums when I noticed the Links seem to have disappeared from the main website. Not sure if there was intentional or not but if it's intentional, an announcement or notice would have been real helpful.

My point is unless the Forums are being closed or something like that, there should be links to it in plain sight like there was with the previous design for the main website.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Re: AB Forum Link(s) no longer on the main AB website

Post by waynoinsano »

I had to look for them with the new website. Scroll ALL the way to bottom of main page next to social media links. Could've found a better spot instead of next to FB, Twitter, etc.
RayneDeanZ
Expert Poster

Post by RayneDeanZ »

The part about this that’s stood out to me as a real issue is that in order to apply for cosplay events, you have to be signed in on the forums. So the forum button being hard to find may have discouraged some from signing up this year.
Been coming since 2011

Anime Boston 2017:
Mastermind!Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa)
Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa)

Anime Boston 2018:
Shintaro Kisaragi (Kagerou Project)
Yasuke Matsuda (Dangan Ronpa)
Kiki (Kiki’s Delivery Service)

AB 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

AB 2022:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)

AB 2023:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

I didn't see the link, and came here directly, using my browser's history of of the URL. It's quite a change from having it in the menu bar, and IMHO not a good one.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

DocWatson wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:35 am I didn't see the link, and came here directly, using my browser's history of of the URL. It's quite a change from having it in the menu bar, and IMHO not a good one.
I have no idea why either.
RayneDeanZ wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:55 am The part about this that’s stood out to me as a real issue is that in order to apply for cosplay events, you have to be signed in on the forums. So the forum button being hard to find may have discouraged some from signing up this year.

Yeah that's a huge problem. No idea why it was not even addressed by any AB Staff since I made this thread.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

There is still no link on the homepage that I could find, including in the pull down menus. IMHO beside a pull down menu link, it should also be in the "Quick Links" section of the "Important Stuff" block on the homepage.