2024 Hotel and Reg

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

2024 Hotel and Reg

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Hello as 2023 winds down (how is it September already?), I was wondering when we can expect to hear about registration and hotel blocks going live.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
saffieb
Veteran Poster

Re: 2024 Hotel and Reg

Post by saffieb »

I was just going to ask this. I wanted to book early, but it already says on a few websites that the Sheraton is already booked for those dates. I’m just hoping it’s because AB prebooked the hotel blocks 🥺😅
AB 2024- Celebi (Pokémon)
AB 2022- Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

saffieb wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:04 pm I was just going to ask this. I wanted to book early, but it already says on a few websites that the Sheraton is already booked for those dates. I’m just hoping it’s because AB prebooked the hotel blocks 🥺😅
It’s 100% because they have the room block. I pre booked the Hilton through my Honors app and then just called to have the room rate updated to the Anime Boston rate when it was available.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
toychild
Experienced Poster

Post by toychild »

I hope that's the case (sheraton blocking them off for AB)!

I am also wondering if anyone has ever booked outside the alloted time period? I'm trying to book for the whole week leading to AB (or after) and AB site only allows for 03/28 - 04/01 booking (04/02 departure). I get it's because the AB pricing only applies to these times, but do people just book the other dates separately (like go to the hotel's site)? And then see if they can call the hotel so you can just stay in the same room? I understand the rates will probably be different
kila
Getting the hang of this...

Post by kila »

toychild wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:33 am I hope that's the case (sheraton blocking them off for AB)!

I am also wondering if anyone has ever booked outside the alloted time period? I'm trying to book for the whole week leading to AB (or after) and AB site only allows for 03/28 - 04/01 booking (04/02 departure). I get it's because the AB pricing only applies to these times, but do people just book the other dates separately (like go to the hotel's site)? And then see if they can call the hotel so you can just stay in the same room? I understand the rates will probably be different
I haven't personally done this for a con, but I would suggest going ahead and calling the front desk and seeing if it is possible. Hotel employees will generally do their best to accommodate you and let you know what they can do. When you come in, they should also be able to inform you ahead of time if your room will need to change at any point.
rwishart
I'm new!

Post by rwishart »

My family has stayed the extra day at the Sheraton in 2022. I got "whitelisted' on the block signup site and got a reservation for the extra day in a couple of months before the Con. Anyway, you would probably need to call the hotel a little closer to the Con weekend to verify.
However, I wasn't able to whitelist in 2024 either and things are different at the Sheraton after the change in ownership, to put it mildly.

Ray
Last edited by rwishart on Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Post by Kalyoth »

May want to check out the hotel page - they announced hotel openings on the other social media places a few days ago ^^
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
toychild
Experienced Poster

Post by toychild »

Thank you for the replies! I didn't get Sheraton rooms, so I'll keep checking for cancellations.

I will try contacting the hotel about extending our stay in the same rooms pre-con.
charlottejones
I'm new!

Post by charlottejones »

I really hope it's because AB reserved the room blocks ahead of time.