How was the Speed Friending experience this year?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
twilightfates
I'm new!

How was the Speed Friending experience this year?

Post by twilightfates »

I was curious about it last time, but this time I made an effort to go. Arriving 2-3 minutes after, there was a fairly decent line, but it got capped. So, I guess definitely get there 15-30 minutes prior.

Anyways, for the people who were able to go, how was your experience?
Mirotic
Veteran Poster

Re: How was the Speed Friending experience this year?

Post by Mirotic »

The ticketing table on floor 3 had passes for the event to guarantee you a spot (in case they do this again next year)!
The experience is you fill in an "interests" sheet, with different anime and games and there are also conversation cards on the table. You talk to 6 different people about either the sheet or the conversation topics on the cards.
The 6 people are just from the table, you move down in a line.
You have 6 min to talk to each person, which felt way too fast, esp with how loud it was in there.
Overall, worth checking out though!
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023 / 2024
twilightfates
I'm new!

Re: How was the Speed Friending experience this year?

Post by twilightfates »

Cool, thank you for sharing! Oh I actually picked up the ticketed pass, but I just assumed that they said it was capped and they started to turn everyone away. Unless even then it's not guaranteed.