How far of a walk from Sheraton to Hynes

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Ojipon
Getting the hang of this...

How far of a walk from Sheraton to Hynes

Post by Ojipon »

Hi there! This is my first time ever at anime Boston and I have a quick question. How far of a walk is it between the Hynes and Sheraton? Is there like a hallway or bridge connecting them? I’m wondering because some panels my friend and I want to go to are very tightly scheduled and we wanna know how early we need to leave. Thank you!
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Re: How far of a walk from Sheraton to Hynes

Post by DocWatson »

I assume that you have already found out, but for the future record the Sheraton is directly next to the Hines, and is connected on its third floor, though there is no guarantee that the door is available for use during the con. The Sheraton's second floor (up the escalators from the lobby) is the usual way to access the Hines—turn right, walk out the doors, up the three stairs, and you will be looking at the Hynes' main inside entrance from the side.

Edit: Here is an an outdated, lowish resolution map of the entire block, including an adjoining and skybridge-connected block. The directions describe the "Hynes Court". (I also fixed a misspelling above.) "Outdated" because the food court was replaced by Eataly in 2015 (:-p~):

* Cain, Jacqueline (4 June 2015). "Prudential Food Court Plans to Close to Make Way for Eataly". Eater Boston.

The food court was a much better option for AB attendees.
Last edited by DocWatson on Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

DocWatson wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:28 am I assume that you have already found out, but for the future record the Sheraton is directly next to the Hines, and is connected on its third floor, though there is no guarantee that the door is available for use during the con. The Sheraton's second floor (up the escalators from the lobby) is the usual way to access the Hines—turn right, walk out the doors, up the three stairs, and you will be looking at the Hines' main inside entrance from the side.
I tried this year. They only let dealers room personnel use it. Kind of sucks because it was a nice cutthrough at times. (Thankfully, the line at the main entrance has been absolutely a no-issue these last two years.)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
danzilo99
I'm new!

Post by danzilo99 »

Geometry Dash World
Ojipon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:15 pm Hi there! This is my first time ever at anime Boston and I have a quick question. How far of a walk is it between the Hynes and Sheraton? Is there like a hallway or bridge connecting them? I’m wondering because some panels my friend and I want to go to are very tightly scheduled and we wanna know how early we need to leave. Thank you!
The walking distance between Hynes and Sheraton is half a mile or 0.25 miles.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

danzilo99 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:37 amThe walking distance between Hynes and Sheraton is half a mile or 0.25 miles.
Definitely less than to the far end of the Pru.
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

DocWatson wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:45 pm
danzilo99 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:37 amThe walking distance between Hynes and Sheraton is half a mile or 0.25 miles.
Definitely less than to the far end of the Pru.
Probably used google which used door to door, Dalton street entrance to Boylston entrance.