Hotel Reservation Confusion, Need Help

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
VoidLotus
I'm new!

Hotel Reservation Confusion, Need Help

Post by VoidLotus »

Sorry in advance if this is not the correct place to post this question.

Hello, I am fairly new to all of this and this is going to be my first year going to Anime Boston with my friends. I had made a reservation for a couple of hotel room through the Anime Boston hotel website and received a confirmation letter going into detail the rooms that I reserved. I was trying to contact the hotel for the rooms that I reserved to inquire more details about them, but they cannot find my reservation. I was never given a confirmation number for my reservation and when I gave them my name they could not find me. I tried contacting Martiz Global Event customer service for help but they informed to try contacting the hotel's group reservation department, which I have done multiple of times. So I am confused on who to contact for help, because I am confused on what has happened to my reservations. If anyone can direct me to someone I can speak with regarding this issue that would be great. Thank you!

-VoidLotus
ferretwrangler
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Hotel Reservation Confusion, Need Help

Post by ferretwrangler »

I've run into a bit of the same issue. I wanted to link up my Marriott reservation with my BonVoy account and found that the confirmation number provided by Martiz Global Events isn't the correct amount of numbers so it doesn't match up with their system. I contacted Marriotts general 800 customer service and was directed to call the copley location directly to chat with their group reservations person. I did that and after some chatting with him, a few emails and a call back to me a few days later he said they didn't have any info regarding reservations for our group. He did assure me that they likely wouldn't be given that info until closer to the event (which I guess is pretty normal?). But given that we're 18 days away, I'm starting to get a bit concerned.

Does anybody have any insight? Or has anybody had any luck?
AB 2025: TBD
AB 2024: Iria, Haruko (FLCL)
AB 2023: Emeraldas (Friday), Deedlit (Saturday), Marin Kitagawa (Sunday)
AB 2022: Futaba Sakura (Friday), Raphtalia (Saturday)
DemonGirl-Setsuna
Veteran Poster

Post by DemonGirl-Setsuna »

I sort of ran into this confusion/concern in the previous 2-years I had used the Event Hotel Booking Site.

~My Experiences~

~AB 2018; 3/30/2018 - 4/1/2018 {I stayed 3/29 to 4/2}:
Booked Hotel through the Event Site on 1/4/2018.
Got confirmation e-mail from the Hotel itself on 3/22/2018.

~AB 2019; 4/19/2019 - 4/21/2019 {I stayed 4/18 to 4/22}:
Booked Hotel using the Event Site on 10/30/2018.
Got confirmation e-mail from the Hotel on 3/13/2019.

~*~*~

I'm also a BonVoy member (Formerly Starwood Preferred Guest).

The first time I had used the site back for AB 2018, my SPG member-number was attached to my reservation and I could see it in 'My Trips' after the Hotel's confirmation E-mail.

But for AB 2019.
I had my (now/new) BonVoy number attached to the reservation when I used the site, but I wasn't able to see it in 'My Trips' after the Hotel sent the confirmation e-mail. (I was able to search for the reservation by the conformation-number & my name to find it though. :roll:)
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

Post by theonlylostsoul »

Hello All!

I'm so sorry about the back and forth and confusion. We're kind of stuck in limbo right now. Maritz is the booking coordinator for Anime Boston. Once we reached May 6th, Maritz needed to take all the reservations and submit them over to the hotels directly. Unfortunately, this takes some time and there's a period where no one seems to have the information on the reservation (including our own as staff). I've spoken with Maritz and it should be resolved soon. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston
ferretwrangler

Post by ferretwrangler »

Thank you for clearing that up! :)
VoidLotus
I'm new!

Post by VoidLotus »

Thank everyone for the replies and the relief. Also sorry for the late reply to my own post, been busy at work.
I am glad I am not the only one going through this issue. I was super stressed out because I thought I was the only having hotel issues.

I know the Martiz is going to need some time to resolve the issue, but did they give you a time frame of when this will happen? I just want to figure out the details of my reservation to make sure I got the right rooms and beds for my group because if I need to make any changes or cancelation I would like to have enough time to do that before the con. Also I want to make sure I don't miss out on getting a full refund for not meeting the hotel's cancelation policy if for some reason I have to cancel my rooms.
ioneyes
I'm new!

Post by ioneyes »

Hi is there any update on this?

I've been trying to contact my hotel since the 10th to change my reservation. I can no longer attend and I'm trying to get my reservation's information changed over to my friend's name and card for a week now. Seems like it's cutting it REALLY close for the 48 hour cut off for final changes to reservations. I'd like to be sure that my friends who are still attending this convention have a hotel room and aren't stuck on the street. I can't even get in contact with the front desk at the Sheraton to get a credit card authorization form in the event that I can't change the reservation. Has anyone had any luck?
AB 2023 Cosplans
Essek Thelyss
Wadanohara
Orym of the Air Ashari
The Professor
VoidLotus
I'm new!

Post by VoidLotus »

Currently the only update that I can provided is for my own situation. After having a back and forth with the Hilton Boston Back Bay, they finally got back to me with my confirmation number after I tried asking for clarifications for weeks. I ended up finding out that the reservation is not what I asked for and my group is ultimately getting screwed. I have been trying since May 6th to get clarification on my reservation and have been going through hoops to confirm it. Now that it has been confirmed, that I do indeed have a reservation with the hotel, I cannot modify it because there are no other options available. This whole process has been beyond frustrating, like how can we modify or cancel anything when the hotels cannot find our reservation? I still haven't gotten an official confirmation email from the hotel itself that states my confirmation number and the details that go along with it. Maybe I have just bad luck, but I feel like making changes to your reservation should not be this awful.
ioneyes
I'm new!

Post by ioneyes »

VoidLotus wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:22 am Currently the only update that I can provided is for my own situation. After having a back and forth with the Hilton Boston Back Bay, they finally got back to me with my confirmation number after I tried asking for clarifications for weeks. I ended up finding out that the reservation is not what I asked for and my group is ultimately getting screwed. I have been trying since May 6th to get clarification on my reservation and have been going through hoops to confirm it. Now that it has been confirmed, that I do indeed have a reservation with the hotel, I cannot modify it because there are no other options available. This whole process has been beyond frustrating, like how can we modify or cancel anything when the hotels cannot find our reservation? I still haven't gotten an official confirmation email from the hotel itself that states my confirmation number and the details that go along with it. Maybe I have just bad luck, but I feel like making changes to your reservation should not be this awful.
Well that's exceedingly unhelpful on all counts! I have a confirmation ID in my email but its only four digits and that's only valid for Meritz and I still haven't received a confirmation from the Sheraton either. I got one email back in February and then another one at the end of April from Anime Boston Customer Service regarding my room. Back in April I was still planning on going so I didn't think anything of needing to change my reservation. I don't even know if my group will have a place to stay in my absence now and I still don't have any luck. I think this might be across the board. I cannot change or modify my reservation at all as it's still in this limbo state between Meritz and the Sheraton. I don't think it's just your luck, my friend. This seems to be affecting everyone who has to make last minute changes to their rooms. Making a reservation change should not be this convoluted. It's been 12 days since the online portal went down and it's still in transition. This doesn't seem right.
AB 2023 Cosplans
Essek Thelyss
Wadanohara
Orym of the Air Ashari
The Professor
Zenyomi
I'm new!

Post by Zenyomi »

I called up the hotel (sheraton) today and they had my info in the system, all I had to give was my name. I would give the hotel you're staying at a call
ferretwrangler

Post by ferretwrangler »

Marriott was able to give me my info as well. Big relief.
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

Post by theonlylostsoul »

Hello Again!

I'm sorry everyone seems to be having trouble with their reservations. Maritz has confirmed that all reservations were sent to the respective hotels already and if the hotel doesn't have it on file, it's literally because they have not entered the reservation yet. I'm sorry this is taking some of the hotels longer than usual.

Thank you.
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston
phonominal.cos

Post by phonominal.cos »

I called Marriott yesterday and my reservation was in their system, finally :) I also asked them to add it to my account because I didn't see it in the app.
Kashimalin
Experienced Poster

Post by Kashimalin »

Confirming Sheraton had mine!
Also known as Kashi Cosplay!
Currently Sewing: Leif from Bug Fables; Iori Izumi from Idolish7
Future Cosplay Plans: Marielle from "The Tales of Marielle Clarac," Trey Clover from Twisted Wonderland, Yor from SpyxFamily