Anime Boston Hotel Deals

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
rainjays
Getting the hang of this...

Anime Boston Hotel Deals

Post by rainjays »

Hi there. I'm relatively new to the con, and have been watching hotel pricing for next year's convention dates. All super expensive, of course. I was wondering though if anybody knows what sort of rates the convention usually negotiates with neighboring hotels (the rates they post on their website, special for congoers). Would be looking for a 2 bed room. Any comments are great; staff or congoer reporting rates they've seen, or rated they've booked at! thanks.
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Re: Anime Boston Hotel Deals

Post by Kalyoth »

****Not Staff****

This year AB entered into contract with a company that handled all bookings for the event. I would expect that service likely to continue as the forums did not blow up with problems related to their usage. Keep an eye out for when they announce it opens for 2019 & follow the hotel link from there on the AB page.

If you are looking for call-out hotels, and are not partial to a brief walk, the Westin seemed pretty good & they are by no means as pricey as the Marriott Sheraton or Hilton. Basically, judge your needs by what you can physically endure & schedule allows for, then your price options open right up.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
rainjays
Getting the hang of this...

Post by rainjays »

Thanks for the response ^^ Though I'm looking mostly for anyone's records of past room rates with the intention of researching the best deal way in advance. This past con, hotel rates didn't go up until I think around January--which seems ridiculously late to be booking a hotel room, but that's why I'd like to know how the rates compare to booking from the hotel itself. Maybe it is significantly better than the rates you get booking a year in advance!

For this last con, booking over a year in advance got a room for only $180/night, and I'm hoping to do some research to hunt down a similar steal of a deal.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

rainjays wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:30 pm Thanks for the response ^^ Though I'm looking mostly for anyone's records of past room rates with the intention of researching the best deal way in advance.
You could start with the Wayback Machine's copies of the AB Web site's Hotel page.