I love the Group/Club Meetup Room this year!

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

I love the Group/Club Meetup Room this year!

Post by Aurabolt »

If you haven't been in there yet, it's in room 110.

Despite its location directly across from the Dealers' Room it's very quiet in there. I ate dinner in there last night but popped in a few times earlier in the day to take short breaks. A few other folks did the same while I was there and they did more of the same as me. Once they were done, they cleaned up after themselves and left. For those who've never been in there, it's got tables and chairs set up for large groups of people plus water and trash bins.

While not exactly intended to be used that way, I nominate having a quiet room on the third floor next year ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Re: I love the Group/Club Meetup Room this year!

Post by H. Guderian »

I didn't find it until Sunday and by then had no use for it. If it returns next year, certainly I'll use it. I 'know my way around' so I never look at the maps, and only looked at it to find the Lost and Found, and that's when i learned of it. There's even a room for parents on the other side towards the front of the Hynes. While I didn't need that one, I think having some of these rooms are helpful, and prevents people from having to constantly leave and re-enter for small reasons like seating.