E-mail I received RE registering for Anime Boston, but I already registered

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

E-mail I received RE registering for Anime Boston, but I already registered

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Hmmm....earlier today I received an e-mail, it was from Anime Boston, the e-mail is: communications@expologic.com

and the subject is "Register For Anime Boston 2018".

In the e-mail it said as follows:

"Anime Boston 2018 is coming up fast, Friday March 30 - Sunday April 1.

Pre-Register Online by March 23 to save $5 off the door price.

Pre-Registered attendees can also pick up their Registration Badges on Thursday, March 29 from 4:00pm - 8:30pm."

The thing is, I pre-registered back in Sept., and I have the e-mail confirmation showing I did.

I'm just wondering why I received this e-mail, and did anyone else who already pre-registered receive this e-mail as well? I'm just a bit confused...?
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Re: E-mail I received RE registering for Anime Boston, but I already registered

Post by Anna-neko »

I got one of those too!
Wonder if maybe the mailing list names from last year just got...sent again, like someone pressed a wrong button or the mailing list bot had the reminder date set on it
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

AnnaNeko wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:15 pm I got one of those too!
Wonder if maybe the mailing list names from last year just got...sent again, like someone pressed a wrong button or the mailing list bot had the reminder date set on it
I found this in my e-mail:

"Thank You For Registering for Anime Boston 2018!

Earlier today an Email was sent to remind past
attendees to register for the event.

If you have already registered for Anime Boston 2018, please disregard that Email.
Your registration is complete and confirmed.

We look forward to seeing you for another amazing year
Friday March 30 - Sunday April 1"

Now we know the answer!! :D :D
dstnyskr
Expert Poster

Post by dstnyskr »

Yeah I got the same thing!

I was concerned/worried for a moment there.

But all is fine if you pre-registered already!
:D
Let destiny decide.
~AB veteran 2006-2017(missed '15)~
Mangoat
I'm new!

Post by Mangoat »

This is my 1st Anime Boston. I bought my passes online months ago. Have the email with the QR code to be scanned, which it says I do when I go to the con. It'll print my pass there, if I read it right...?

Then I too got this email the other day, about registering. So do I or do I not need to do anything with the email? It's a bit confusing to me.

Other cons I've attended all do "buy badges" or "buy passes", but for Anime Boston it's "register to attend". Kind of wish they'd use the same terminology for all cons, at least for badge/pass buying.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

Mangoat wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:48 am This is my 1st Anime Boston. I bought my passes online months ago. Have the email with the QR code to be scanned, which it says I do when I go to the con. It'll print my pass there, if I read it right...?

Then I too got this email the other day, about registering. So do I or do I not need to do anything with the email? It's a bit confusing to me.

Other cons I've attended all do "buy badges" or "buy passes", but for Anime Boston it's "register to attend". Kind of wish they'd use the same terminology for all cons, at least for badge/pass buying.
If you're registered and you have the confirmation code (which sounds to be the case) then you should be all set. You'll receive your badge at registration in the Sheraton before going into the Hynes (the room name escapes me at the moment).

To be sure though, if you're worried, I recommend you contact Registration Customer Service and they'll be able to answer any questions you have regarding the registration process since they have access to the system.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

dstnyskr wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:20 am Yeah I got the same thing!

I was concerned/worried for a moment there.

But all is fine if you pre-registered already!
:D
Yes, at first I was kinda worried, too, I thought maybe something happened that caused a foul-up in the system for those who already pre-reged. But, after getting that second e-mail, I felt better. :D :D
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

...I was one of the handful of folks who actually pre-registered at AB2017 for AB2018 ^_^

I got my confirmation email a few weeks after AB2017. A few weeks back, I got the email with the registration QR Code. As long as you have that, you can use the express line to be checked in on Thursday in a minute flat.

You can actually save the QR Code to your phone or tablet and have that scanned if you don't have a hard copy handy. Just make sure you don't lose the QR Code or Registration Printout or you'll have pay for another badge.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

Just to clarify, the confirmation email/QR code is NOT required to get your badge. It is helpful as the barcode can pull up your info in the system right away but without it, we will still be able to look you up manually.

All that is required is a photo ID. Without an ID we will not be able to give you your badge.
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Very good to know. Each year I need less and less to get my badge =D
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^