Sheraton Cancellation Issue

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
SizzleMuffin
I'm new!

Sheraton Cancellation Issue

Post by SizzleMuffin »

Has anyone else had this issue?

I called to cancel a duplicate hotel room at the Sheraton, using the information noted on the confirmation receipt I received not two hours ago. This same information is noted on my original confirmation email sent back in early January.
Cancellation Policy - Hotel Changes/Cancellations
Contact Experient at 800-967-8852 (US & Canada) or 847-996-5832 (International) or via email at animeboston@experient-inc.com for cancellations or changes. Please see your hotel cancellation policy to see when you need to start contacting the hotel directly.
I understand not wanting the online booking form to be abused, but not having the option to cancel online is kind of annoying.

Anyway, I called and spoke to an agent, using the Experient number noted above, who explained that there was no way that she could cancel my room over the phone and that everything had to be done in writing via email.

While I haven't been charged yet, it makes me really uncomfortable knowing that there's some disconnect between parties when, as I said, I just got this email a couple of hours ago. It's possible I spoke to some n00b agent, but jumping through hoops to hopefully cancel my room is really concerning.

----------------------------

Edit (2/23):
I sent them an email following this post, received an automated reply that I would hear back from someone in 1-2 business days on my "inquiry."

In the mean time, I tried calling again and got a different agent. Unfortunately, it's still the same song and dance that I can't cancel my room without written confirmation via email. Agent explained, after "speaking to his manager" that the wording on the e-mail was misleading and that they cannot break protocol by cancelling rooms over the phone.

Seriously?
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Re: Sheraton Cancellation Issue

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

I am attending AB this year, and I had originally booked a hotel at the Sheraton, but my plans changed, & I needed to cancel my hotel room. I originally called Experient, and the lady I spoke with told me I needed to send an e-mail to cancel my reservation. So, I sent the e-mail later that very day, received an automated response that I would hear back from someone in 1-2 business days. Less than 24 hours later, I got an e-mail confirming my reservation was cancelled, and it said "Please feel free to respond to this email if you require additional assistance or information." Also, the person who sent the e-mail told me "Thank you, and have a great day."
Faceman
AB Executive

Re: Sheraton Cancellation Issue

Post by Faceman »

Just to let you know, I'm alerting the relevant people on Anime Boston staff. They'll look into it with our partners at Experient. We'll get back to you here once we get an answer.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!