Having an issue ordering my Formal Ball ticket

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
coffeecake
Veteran Poster

Having an issue ordering my Formal Ball ticket

Post by coffeecake »

I got an email earlier saying that the tickets were available for purchase. However when I tried to place the order it lead me to a message saying there was some sort of error. I tried a second time and got the same screen. I realize its not been up even for an hour, so I'm not entirely surprised this happened. Hopefully it can be resolved quickly.
Anime Boston 2024:
Forest Minish (Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
Maggie094
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Having an issue ordering my Formal Ball ticket

Post by Maggie094 »

It's still having issues :c I really hope it gets fixed soon!! I need these tickets.
spacebloomers

WARNING: FORMAL BALL PAYMENT ISSUES

Post by spacebloomers »

EDIT: The charges were deleted except the original one. (I have bank of america btw, they were understanding, and very helpful) I'll keep you guys posted if the come back. Now if some staff member could help me at least get a proper confirmation...?

Warning out there to anyone who is trying to purchase formal ball tickets... DON'T try until they fix the issues with the order screen!

I tried to order one for formal ball 5pm and semi formal.... and got charged 17 times

I've disputed them with my bank already and if anyone else is having issues I suggest you do the same now before the payments finish processing!

If anyone has a direct phone number to contact animeboston I'd be much obliged as they ignore emails sent through their contact form :|

Aaaand to top it all off i got no confirmation email or anything. I got an error page.
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Post by tehscribbles »

HI everyone!

I merged the topics since they are similar in questions. Right now we are aware of the issue and working on fixing it! :)

As for emails, there are alot of emails and only a few of us so we are trying our best to get to all the questions, please bear with us!
Kate-lyn Skribiski Gingerich (Scribbles)
Programming Logistics Coordinator
spacebloomers

Post by spacebloomers »

tehscribbles wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:29 pm HI everyone!

I merged the topics since they are similar in questions. Right now we are aware of the issue and working on fixing it! :)

As for emails, there are alot of emails and only a few of us so we are trying our best to get to all the questions, please bear with us!
Thank you for the reply! Glad to know that you're all working to fix this! As for recieving confirmation or tickets, would it be best to email anime boston through the form or speak with a staff member when i pick up my badge in march? I'm not sure which is easiest for you guys, and am sure some others might find this info helpful as well :)
spacebloomers

Post by spacebloomers »

Aaand all the charges are back. I'll be calling the bank to file a chargeback today. NOT HAPPY ANIME BOSTON :evil:

EDIT: Just spoke with a claims agent who said the transactions I disputed should not have gone through, and the fact that they did is a red flag for the bank as these were seen by them as duplicate charges. They said the charges came with a phone number, but when I called it I got nothing... Which means I unfortunately had to file a claim on all of them.
Last edited by spacebloomers on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
coffeecake
Veteran Poster

Post by coffeecake »

I do realize that the AB staff are currently busy with more than just this issue, but could we possibly get a time frame for when this issue might be resolved? I myself made, I believe, 3 attempts to purchase my ticket, but I haven't seen any charges in my bank account yet. I appreciate that the staff are working to fix this problem.
Anime Boston 2024:
Forest Minish (Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
spacebloomers

Post by spacebloomers »

almightycows wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:42 am I do realize that the AB staff are currently busy with more than just this issue, but could we possibly get a time frame for when this issue might be resolved? I myself made, I believe, 3 attempts to purchase my ticket, but I haven't seen any charges in my bank account yet. I appreciate that the staff are working to fix this problem.
Call your bank to file a claim, as Mine said the whole situation was a red flag for them.
lordofvt
AB Staff

Post by lordofvt »

Hi There,

The problem with multiple charges has been determined. We've gone through everyone we could find that had purchased a ticket to check for duplicate charges. It's an ongoing process to get the information back out of the databases but rest assured you will be receiving a refund for the additional charges.

You may get an email to confirm how many tickets you were trying to purchase if we need to get that information. So keep an eye on your emails. :)
Andrew Reckers
Schedule Coordinator 2021-2022
Director of Programming 2015-2020
spacebloomers

Post by spacebloomers »

lordofvt wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 pm Hi There,

The problem with multiple charges has been determined. We've gone through everyone we could find that had purchased a ticket to check for duplicate charges. It's an ongoing process to get the information back out of the databases but rest assured you will be receiving a refund for the additional charges.

You may get an email to confirm how many tickets you were trying to purchase if we need to get that information. So keep an eye on your emails. :)
Thank you for the reassurance! As long as people are aware and working on it, i have total faith AB will pull through!