Hotel room

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Silver
I'm new!

Hotel room

Post by Silver »

Hello! :)
I'm thinking about anime boston this year, and it will be my first time in anime boston.
Do I have to get a room in the hotel to get in? :|
Do you recommend for me to come to anime boston? :?:
If you were there last year or one of the pervious times... What did you did there? :D
Thrillho
Expert Poster

Re: Hotel room

Post by Thrillho »

***DISCLAIMER - I'M NOT STAFF***

---You are not required to have a hotel room to get into the convention, though you still need a pass.
---If you're a fan of anime/Japanese culture and cosplay, I highly recommend it. I don't think I'm into anime as much as 70% of the attendees, but it doesn't matter. I always feel welcome here, I always feel safe in my cosplays, and I always have a good time.
---I spend a lot of time walking around in cosplay and the artist's alley (the alley is probably my favorite part). The Masquerade is great, cosplay games are fun, and the panels are always exceptional, especially if you're looking for industry people.
Joe aka Gustav
1/4 of Curtain Call Cosplay

AB 2018
Haruko Haruhara (FLCL) / Zant (Legend of Zelda) / Professor Port (RWBY) / Rintarou Okabe (Steins;Gate) / Wario (Mario Franchise) / Over Justice (Space Patrol Luluco)

AB 2017
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) / Haruko Haruhara (FLCL) / Oscar Pine (RWBY) / Zant (Hyrule Warriors)

AB 2016 (First Time!)
Professor Ozpin (RWBY) / Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) / Kouta (Elfen Lied)
Chrom
AB Staff

Post by Chrom »

No Hotel Room needed, just a registration badge! Though, if you're not living nearby/have friends nearby, I do suggest looking into a hotel/room share sort of thing because there's lots of cool late night stuff and the public transit only runs so late/parking is expensive.

I think you should totally come to Anime Boston! I bet you'd have a lot of fun. People cosplay, buy art from their favorite series or comic artists in the Artist Alley, or find hard to get merchandise in the dealer's room. Last year I grabbed up a Wolf Link and Super Smash Bros Link Amiibo from a Japanese import stand (I had just gotten Breath of the Wild and really wanted Wolf Link/Epona). There's also a lot of really neat programs, some informational and others just silly, and usually at least one concert! There's a formal and semi-formal dance, a swap meet where people exchange their well loved but no longer needed goods for other items, and so much more.

It's really incredible, in my opinion, the amount of potential things to do and see. Hopefully you get to come, and have fun, and if you like it a whole lot, you can register ahead of time for next year AT the convention, which is super cool. Plus there's information about other conventions too, like Otakon, Katsucon and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head.

(I'm not answering as staff, but last year and this upcoming year I'm staff, so that's what I did besides search for awesome deals on amiibo haha!)
Alcor Converse
Assistant Director of Registration AB 2020, 2021
Registration Customer Service Manager AB 2019
Customer Service Assistant Manager AB 2018
Registration Staff AB 2017

☆☆☆
SirSwagGeeMcBallerOfYoloton
Getting the hang of this...

Post by SirSwagGeeMcBallerOfYoloton »

Been going to AB for years. I've done both hotel and commuting, and I can say that having a hotel room is always more fun and convenient. Whenever I commuted certain years, I always had a lot less fun.

- Buy your merch and drop it off so you don't have to lug it around all day.
- Take a shower whenever.
- Have a bed to rest and take a break whenever.
- Wake up and you're already at the con, no need for a grueling commute.
- Sleep in.
- Late nights with your bros and bras away. There's a 24 hour Star Market nearby for late night food.
- Stay for the late night panels. Public transport' ends around midnight.
- No parking fees.