Autograph Question

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
larichann
I'm new!

Autograph Question

Post by larichann »

Hi! I'm going to AB for the 2nd time this year and I was wondering if guests would be offended if I presented a work that they weren't directly involved in with its japanese debut. I have a manga book that I want signed by an English voice actor, but would it be appropriate?
Vu
AB Staff

Re: Autograph Question

Post by Vu »

It would be better to bring an item the guest has specifically worked on or been involved in.
Vu Tran
North American Guest Liaison
Anime Boston 2022

Viva la manatee!

"Gonna have to go find my eyeballs, I rolled them too hard"
- Rebecca Lee, 2019
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

do u mean the manga is something that was adapted into an anime and then the guest voiced in its English version?

I've had something like that signed before! It was manga art item, but the guest worked on that specific series US release, so they were cool with signing it
...buuuut just in case maybe have a backup item that is more directly related to their work
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
LadyLark
AB Alumni

Post by LadyLark »

AnnaNeko wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:52 pm do u mean the manga is something that was adapted into an anime and then the guest voiced in its English version?

I've had something like that signed before! It was manga art item, but the guest worked on that specific series US release, so they were cool with signing it
...buuuut just in case maybe have a backup item that is more directly related to their work
Most guests, particularly voice actors, feel weird signing something that they themselves were not in. Especially a manga. Some are cool with it, but most feel weird.

If you ever need a back up item, your Anime Boston program book is always a good choice and we'll have extras in the rooms.
Rea Konecki
Industry and Guest Coordinator