Friday morning and opening day

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
ApocalypseUnicorn
Getting the hang of this...

Friday morning and opening day

Post by ApocalypseUnicorn »

Hey guys! I apologize if these questions are answered anywhere and I'm totally blind and missed it. First, I wanted to ask about registration/pre-reg on Friday morning. The schedule says registration is open 9:00 am - 9:00 pm, and 8:00 am for pre-registered people. If I'm pre-registered and I'm just going to pick up my pass Friday morning, would I have to do it between 8 and 9 am? Or am I able to pick up my pre-reg badge all day until 9 pm?
Question number two, what time do the doors to the Hynes Convention Center actually open/what time does the convention actually start? It seems like most programming doesn't start until 9 am and rooms open at 10, but I see programming starting as early as 7 am on the schedule. Basically, at what time would I be able to get into the Hynes and begin my con day? Sorry if this is oddly specific. I'm commuting in Friday morning, and I just want to figure out how early of a train I should catch. Thanks in advance, and I can't wait to get this party started! =D
Anime Boston 2019 Cosplays: Squidward (Spongebob the Musical), Drunk!Yuri Katsuki (Yuri!! On Ice), Light Yagami (Death Note), Connor (Detroit: Become Human), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Anime Boston 2022 Cosplans: Takumi Aldini (Food Wars), Ling Yao (Fullmetal Alchemist), Louis (Beastars), Tatsu (The Way of the Househusband), Momoko (Ghost Stories)
Fetch
Show-off

Re: Friday morning and opening day

Post by Fetch »

Prereg means you get to pick it up earlier than the at the door people, but can pick it up anytime reg is open.
I've never understood why they have the video rooms in the Hynes showing stuff at 7am, because in my experience the guards don't let us in until 8. I remember a year where a Blue Shirt and a Red Shirt basically had to yell at an MCCA guard to open the Boylston St entrance on a Saturday because it should have been opened a half hour before. (Yes, it was after 8:30 and it was cold)
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

Hi!
ApocalypseUnicorn wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:35 am The schedule says registration is open 9:00 am - 9:00 pm, and 8:00 am for pre-registered people. If I'm pre-registered and I'm just going to pick up my pass Friday morning, would I have to do it between 8 and 9 am? Or am I able to pick up my pre-reg badge all day until 9 pm?
So firstly, the schedule has a little misprint and we're only open until 8pm on Friday and Saturday, not 9pm. As a pre-registered member, you can come in anytime from 8am-8pm to get your badge. The first hour from 8am-9am is JUST for pre-regged members to get their badges; we will not be processing any at the door registrations until 9am. I hope that helps answer your question!
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

This is the first year we've ever had any programming as early as 7am.

We are planning on having doors to the Hynes open at either 6:30am or 7am (can't remember which off the top of my head at the moment :? )
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Post by pulsedemon »

Opening the doors earlier should help with keeping the security line from getting a lot longer a little later in the morning. As Nabil mentioned, it's the first time we're trying it this early, so we'll see how it goes!
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

...Man, that sounds hardcore =O

Hopefully it will help on Friday and Saturday especially. Might be a good idea to get the word out via social media the doors will open early this year ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Xias
Veteran Poster

Post by Xias »

suza wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:28 am Hi!
ApocalypseUnicorn wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:35 am The schedule says registration is open 9:00 am - 9:00 pm, and 8:00 am for pre-registered people. If I'm pre-registered and I'm just going to pick up my pass Friday morning, would I have to do it between 8 and 9 am? Or am I able to pick up my pre-reg badge all day until 9 pm?
So firstly, the schedule has a little misprint and we're only open until 8pm on Friday and Saturday, not 9pm. As a pre-registered member, you can come in anytime from 8am-8pm to get your badge. The first hour from 8am-9am is JUST for pre-regged members to get their badges; we will not be processing any at the door registrations until 9am. I hope that helps answer your question!
Hello,

Is the schedule's listed time for Thursday pre-reg correct or is that a misprint too? It has it open until 10 pm. Thanks!
Panelist, Anime Boston 2014-2019
Presenting 3 panels at AB 2019
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
-Japan Travel Tips: Planning Your First Trip
-Bemani: From DDR to IIDX to SDVX
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

Xias wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:28 pm Hello,

Is the schedule's listed time for Thursday pre-reg correct or is that a misprint too? It has it open until 10 pm. Thanks!
That is correct. And the online schedule had been fixed to reflect the correct opening and closing times for Registration which are:

Thursday (Pre-reg only) 4pm - 10pm
Friday 9am - 8pm (Opens 8am Pre-reg only)
Saturday 9am - 8pm (Opens 8am Pre-reg only)
Sunday 8am - 1pm
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

I like the idea for the doors to open at 7am, the morning of the first day would flow easier for the crowds.
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Oh, and do have an Orange shirt wander by the Boylston St entrance on Thursday and on Friday morning to check for people who don't know that Registration is in the Sheraton.
When I walked by there last year after getting my badge, an MCCA security guy was being questioned about where registration for the con was but did not know. I stayed around there for 10 minutes and 5 more people came up to the door thinking Reg was in the Hynes.
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Fetch wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:22 am Oh, and do have an Orange shirt wander by the Boylston St entrance on Thursday and on Friday morning to check for people who don't know that Registration is in the Sheraton.
When I walked by there last year after getting my badge, an MCCA security guy was being questioned about where registration for the con was but did not know. I stayed around there for 10 minutes and 5 more people came up to the door thinking Reg was in the Hynes.
Last year, I remember walking from the Hynes T Stop and catching a few congoers going to the Boylston Entrance to go to registration. I ended up directing them down Dalton to the Sheraton.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked