New to Anime Boston!

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
BakersDozen
I'm new!

New to Anime Boston!

Post by BakersDozen »

Hi,

I'm new to Anime Boston and I was wondering about the 18+ events!
I was looking at the online schedule and was wondering about the room id check, will my badge say I'm 18+?

Thanks! :D
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Re: New to Anime Boston!

Post by Nemra »

Hello there and welcome!

Your badge won't indicate that you are 18+ and it will not be enough to get into those events with the badge alone. There will be a security staffer at the entrance of each of those events and you must present them with a government issued ID along with your badge in order to get into them.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

BakersDozen
I'm new!

Post by BakersDozen »

So, does this mean that my badge would look the same as someone under 18+?
(I feel like someone should change that)

If so, thanks again! :)
Vu
AB Staff

Post by Vu »

BakersDozen wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:27 pm So, does this mean that my badge would look the same as someone under 18+?
(I feel like someone should change that)
Yes, your badge will count as an Adult badge, which anyone age thirteen and up will have during the weekend.

We cannot make any badges that signifies it as 18+ because the holder could lose it and someone else pick it up or just hand it off to someone younger to enter an 18+ event. That would be a huge liability to us, which is why we have the government-issued ID check at the door in addition to the Anime Boston badge check.
Vu Tran
North American Guest Liaison
Anime Boston 2022

Viva la manatee!

"Gonna have to go find my eyeballs, I rolled them too hard"
- Rebecca Lee, 2019