Disability Sticker question

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Disability Sticker question

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Hello, I have a question RE where to obtain disability sticker for badges? I mentioned in another thread I posted that I have a physical disability (I wear a brace on one leg, & I can't use my right arm/hand very well).

Do you get the sticker in the same room where you pick up badges (I read in one of the other threads where badge pick-up will be)? Do I have to go to a seperate kiosk or something after I pick up my badge, or do I get it from the registration person assisting me at that time?

Thank you in advance. :) :)
suza
AB Executive

Re: Disability Sticker question

Post by suza »

Hi! Yes, we will have an Accessibility Services counter in Registration, right next to the Customer Service counters so you'll head there after getting your badge. Please let us know if you have any further questions!
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Oh cool!! Thank you so much suza, I appreciate your answering my question. I do have another couple questions that just came to mind:

Say there are panels that I want to see that are one right after the other in the same room. Would I have to exit the room and go back in again, or would I be able to stay in the room and wait?

Also, speaking of rooms, there is one thing I'm a bit mixed up on: on the schedule, 2 of the panel rooms in the Sheraton are marked Panel Constitution 1 and Panel Constitution 2. On the map, they are listed as Panel Constitution A and Panel Constitution B. Am I right in guessing that Constitution 1 is Constitution A, and Constitution 2 is Constitution B? :) :)
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Post by tehscribbles »

Kusuguru Usagi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:22 pm Oh cool!! Thank you so much suza, I appreciate your answering my question. I do have another couple questions that just came to mind:

Say there are panels that I want to see that are one right after the other in the same room. Would I have to exit the room and go back in again, or would I be able to stay in the room and wait?

Also, speaking of rooms, there is one thing I'm a bit mixed up on: on the schedule, 2 of the panel rooms in the Sheraton are marked Panel Constitution 1 and Panel Constitution 2. On the map, they are listed as Panel Constitution A and Panel Constitution B. Am I right in guessing that Constitution 1 is Constitution A, and Constitution 2 is Constitution B? :) :)
This is true, Constitution 1 is Constitution A, and Constitution 2 is Constitution B.

For the panels question, you only have to exit and enter a room again for two things. Room clears and the start of 18+ panels in the evening. Other then that, you can sit and wait in between panels in rooms for the next one to start. However, if there is a room clear we do request that you clear the room and line up again to re enter.
Kate-lyn Skribiski Gingerich (Scribbles)
Programming Logistics Coordinator
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

tehscribbles wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:59 pmThis is true, Constitution 1 is Constitution A, and Constitution 2 is Constitution B.

For the panels question, you only have to exit and enter a room again for two things. Room clears and the start of 18+ panels in the evening. Other then that, you can sit and wait in between panels in rooms for the next one to start. However, if there is a room clear we do request that you clear the room and line up again to re enter.
Ahh, that's what I figured, RE the Panel Constitution Rooms, but I wanted to ask first to make sure. ^_^ ^_^

And thank you for the clarifiations about staying in the panel rooms and when needing to exit/enter rooms.

I have just one more question:

One of the panels that I'm interested in going to is the Anonymous Noise premiere. How far ahead would I need to get there/line up? With having a disability sticker, would it be different as far as when to get there?