Volunteering

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
marillay
I'm new!

Volunteering

Post by marillay »

Hi! I was wondering if it is necessary to volunteer all three days. I don't think I can make one of the days.
aznman08
AB Staff

Re: Volunteering

Post by aznman08 »

It's not necessary to volunteer for all 3 days. One of the things that is nice about being an AB volunteer is that you can take shifts as you want to while having the flexibility to do other things at con. Also it gives the flexibility in case real world issues (work, school, etc) come up to where you won't be around at con for awhile. The prizes for reaching every 4 hour mark is usually given out on Sunday morning in the past. Just remember that if you want to receive a reimbursement for your con badge, you will need to reach 16 hours over the course of the weekend.
John Bautista
AB 2022: General Tech l 2019: Senior Tech l 2014-18: Junior Tech Staff l 2007-2013: AB volunteer l 2006:attendee
PAX East Enforcer:2014-22
honmeichoco
AB Alumni

Re: Volunteering

Post by honmeichoco »

Anime Boston Volunteer Program staff here! John is correct, but I have some additional info for you.

While it's not necessary that you volunteer each day of the convention, we do need our volunteers to attend one of our two orientation meetings before they take any shifts. You can pick whichever one suits your schedule, either Thursday, March 30 at 7PM or Friday, March 31 at 9AM. If you are unable to attend both meetings, please let ABVP staff know, and we can try to make arrangements to get all that precious orientation knowledge into your brainspace.

Here are some links with further info that you may or may not know exist:
http://www.animeboston.com/staff/volunteers/
http://www.animeboston.com/staff/volunteers_faq/

Let me know if you have any other questions; I'd be happy to assist! ^__^
Jennifer (Jinx) McNeece