Registering a Friend

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Registering a Friend

Post by Aurabolt »

I have a question aboit registering a friend for the Convention and I'm assuming pre-registration is out because of their schedule. To make a long story short, a friend of mine will be coming to Boston for AB2017. I preregistered for myself already and plan to attend all three days. My friend will be going for Friday and Sunday but I will cover the registration fee for my friend.

My first question: Since I pre-registered already, would I be able to pay for the extra badge on Thursday or would I need to come back the next day? I'm assuming the latter since registration would need th other person's info.

On a related note, I know about Sunday-only badges but is there a similar one for Friday and/or Saturday? It's fine if there isn't. I'll just buy a weekend pass otherwise, which would bring me back to my first question.

If a staff member could get back to me ASAP, it would be awesome.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
suza
AB Executive

Re: Registering a Friend

Post by suza »

Unfortunately, Sunday is the only day where a single day membership is available so if they want to come in Friday and Sunday, they'll need the Convention Membership (which covers all 3 days).

If you have their info, you can pre-register them (if you plan on paying with credit card). Otherwise you would need to come in on Friday morning anytime after 9:00AM to purchase their membership in person. On Thursday we're only set up to check those who have already pre-registered.

I hope that answers your questions, but please feel free to let us know if you have any others.
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Yeah, I figured I would have to get a weekend pass and that's fine with me.

Hmm...I think it would be more effective if we bought the weekend pass in person Friday morning. I'll let my friend know what they'll need to bring. I assume an Government-Issue ID would be enough for them? I'm paying for their weekend pass so I'll use cash to cover the transaction.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

For registering in person, an ID is not required but recommended to help the staff input their name and birth date quicker. (It IS required if they want to take part in any 18+ events/panels/screenings/etc. so it's not a bad idea to have on them.)
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

Well, my friend's definitely over 18 lol. I'll remind them to bring their ID to register.
Aurabolt's Anime Blog