Safety from Harassment ?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
ko
I'm new!

Safety from Harassment ?

Post by ko »

I am more than excited to go to Anime Boston this year, but i've had some threatening messages from ex-friends and even strangers blackmailing me about "exposing" me or going to harass and ruin my fun time at Anime Boston this year (and yes they have already HAVE and attempted to ruin cons for me before so it isn't a harmless threat). I am really worried about said blackmail and harassment, and I want to know , if they bother me or harass me during convention times will anyone do anything about it? Will they be kicked out? Who would be BEST to tell if these things happen?
Vu
AB Staff

Re: Safety from Harassment ?

Post by Vu »

If you get harassed at any time during the convention, please reach out to our Security Staff that will be wandering around. They will be wearing bright orange T-shirts. You can also get help from any Assistant Security Manager as well, wearing bright red T-shirts. Both will have "Security" on the back. If you can not find any of them, see if you can find any one of our Staff members in a blue shirt (with "Staff" on the back) with a radio attached to them. They can call in for Security assistance.

Our convention is a home where all of our attendees should feel safe and welcomed. We're here to try and make your convention experience a memorable one.
Vu Tran
North American Guest Liaison
Anime Boston 2022

Viva la manatee!

"Gonna have to go find my eyeballs, I rolled them too hard"
- Rebecca Lee, 2019
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

I have seen Haynes security staff in uniform, not just at the entrance, walking around in the con. Also seen Boston police in uniform at the mall entrance.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

On that note: If you feel you are in iminent danger, make alot of noise to draw attention to yourself. You can worry about feeling embarrassed later as long as it keeps you safe.

If you do have the names and (real) pictures of the people who've "Promised" to harass you, pass that info along to AB Security. Actually, the first thing you should do after you get your badge is talk to AB Security so they know what's going on and can circulate that info to staff with radios.

If these people have threatened to hurt you, you should definitely talk to Boston Police. The best place to find to find them during the con is outside the Boylston st. Entrance, at the top of the escalators on the 1st floor or at the security checkpoint coming from the PRU. Just walk up to one of them and tell them what's going on. Preferably AFTER you've spoken to AB Security so there isn't confusion (BPD may not AB Security know right away so it will help if they already had the info in advance).
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^